My experience growing up with night terrors and What i learned from them.

Absolom
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I guess this counts as a paranormal experience of sorts. This will be a bit long, but well worth the read as you may learn some things that could be helpful when dealing with Demonic entities. The Demons being Something akin to Black arts or "Really terrible and should not be encountered."

For starters, I spent the first 14 years of my life (yes from birth) dealing with Demonic attacks, usually taking the form of night terrors or hallucinations. When i was born i took way to long getting out and had inhaled meconium, i came out purple and blue, the doctors had me in the back for a few hours, bringing me back to get me to feed, and I turned blue when i reached my mother, and was placed in a ICU for a few weeks before going home with oxygen. Was a Million dollar baby, but my father was millitary so they only had to pay the taxes. grew up as the quiet child and was very calm.

Cant really remember the first 5 years or so of my life, the first thing i remember was waking up in my bed at age 6 going about my day as i usually would. Throughout the next 4 years i would experience very terrible night terrors almost every other night, which i can only describe as pure torment, to the letter, Waking up screaming my Head off and running out my bed at full sprint. This experience worsened my overall outlook on things, and i took on a very dark mentality at a very young age, but kept most things to myself since i wasn't very social.

After those 4 years, the night terrors began to just be nightmares that were on and off, i considered them to be really interesting horror movies, but still bugged me. I knew that i was targeted by a small group of Demons of a few varieties, my only guess is that some just decided to leave for better prey. I had bad anger issues and mental problems that i had to sort out, and i went to a few counslors and mental clinics over the next 4 years. I also was curious about the supernatural for obvious reasons and dug deeper into that whole spectrum to find out for myself what i had been through up to that point.

These issues eventually climaxed when i was 14. I definitely almost went insane at some point, and suffered from depression. I behaved rather poorly and was agressive to anyone if i was ticked off about something. My senses were overwhelmed at times, and my focus was muddled. I kept to myself, and didn't really socialize with anyone apart from family. However, i never once considered suicide no matter how many times it went through my mind. Then one day, feeling like an epiphany hit me or something, Everything just stopped.

I no longer had nightmares, my temperment began to improve, i no longer suffered from depression and got more interested in drawing, and life in general was quite okay, however i was Dulled to my spiritual senses very heavilly for a few years. I grew wiser from the whole ordeal and began to imrove my self control and patience. Through the next 8 years up to now, i became a better person, understood more about the supernatural and reality, and am working to get my artwork set as a career path while providing for my immediate family. I am also working on getting my senses re-sharpend since i know i can handle stepping back into the big blue once again.

What i can tell you about Demons in general is to never ever let your guard down, they will take any opprotunity they can to manipulate and take advantage of you at every turn. They have the upper hand in almost every circumstance, I have found the using the name of Jesus does terrify them, and can get them to stop, sometimes permenately, if used as an order.

Your spirit can suffer from scarring of sorts, and can appear on your body as some minor ailment like body acne, in my case. My body feels like a skin suit to me, due to being pulled out of it so many times during the night terrors, and has some interesting effects. It is easier for me to get into meditative states, however im still working on opening my spiritual senses back up from being dulled out. I have no sense of fear, and can feel energies quite clearly.

I did have one very vivid dream one night though after everything was settled, and your free to help interpret this, would help to have feedback.

I got up from laying on my side in this field, half buried in ash and soot, and began to walk towards a light in the distance, over hills and valleys. There is ash falling from the overcast sky as thunder rages through the clouds. The whole while im walking over bones and other remains from various animals and people scattered throughout, as a few dark shadows glide through the landscape wandering aimlessly.

And that is pretty much it. I can answer any questions you may have to the best of my ability, and any feedback would be appreciated. hopefully i shed some light on dark topics people dont like to talk about very often, and wish you all a Great day!

foxxyeclipse
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human
Zodiac:

Thank you for sharing this story. I do relate to this to a certain degree considering I have similar experience of night terror episodes when I was a kid that dragged to my early 20s.

Ainsi sera, groigne qui groigne
Lonik
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Siren
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Lonik
Zodiac:

Absolom wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:34 am I got up from laying on my side in this field, half buried in ash and soot, and began to walk towards a light in the distance, over hills and valleys. There is ash falling from the overcast sky as thunder rages through the clouds. The whole while im walking over bones and other remains from various animals and people scattered throughout, as a few dark shadows glide through the landscape wandering aimlessly.
Hello. Thanks for sharing finally i feel like im not alone on this. Me to when i was younger had horrible dreams and experiences that made me afraid so much. I dont know if there were demons or spirits that wanted to do harm. The horrible nightmares stopped when i started spirit keeping (~ a year ago). I have dreams but not so awful and stressful. Some months know im trying to astral project. I did it many times with help of my spirit friends but every time i did i was really afraid and felt petrified so much that i started screaming for my mom (I'm 23 years old). The last time i did one of my spirits got mad at me because i was calling for my mom crying and didn't stop until i found her. He told me he is not going to help me for now(maybe when i stop calling for my mom) . My theory is that something happened to me when i was young while i astral projected something so horrible that my body now responds to it very negatively like nope not today not again wake up. But i cant seem to remember. That is the only explanation i can thing of and makes some kind of sence.
Also from your dream what i can understand is that youre afraid of something (event) will happen to your life (maybe you already know what is going to happen thus the thunders and clouds far away) and stress you out so much and you are not going to know how to solve it. For the ash (ash has the ability to cleanse) i think you want to purify your self from a situation that happened spiritualy and bodily so that you can move on(thus the walking) in your life and live this behind and feel cleansed and healed.
Thats my take to your dream i hope i helped domehow.
Also if someone has a solution or advise to the astral screaming for mom thing i would be so grateful. Have a nice day 😁

Follow your heart till it bleeds as we run towards the end of the dream. 8*8
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Night terrors are no joke, but there are many, many truly mundane explanations for things that are experienced during these attacks. They are the subject of many ongoing medical and scientific studies. I only point this out because night terrors and nightmares themselves are not evidence of spiritual or psychic attack by themselves.

That's not to say you didn't have any experiences at all, and I'm certainly not trying to rob you if any meaning or insights gained from these experiences. I just would prefer people be much more careful at throwing around the "I was attacked by evil spirits" statement.

The other point I would like to make is that most spiritual attacks have ZERO to do with demons of ANY kind. "Demonic attack" has been so overused in media over the past 30 years, and by churches, that it's ridiculous.

There are so many malefic spiritual entities out there who would put you through the torments you are talking about for so many different reasons, and none of them are demons. There's a whole host of feeders, pranksters, parasites and psychic sludge that are all more than happy to show you what you expect to see while ravaging you for negative energy and laughs. And most of them LOVE to impersonate demons. Why? Because Demons are powerful entities and most humans, thanks to the church, fear them and have little understanding of them.

True demons are divine beings that can be wonderful mentors, guardians and guides. They do sometimes teach hard lessons if you approach them without respect, but mostly it's to help you grow and evolve into something stronger, something better. Are there some who are quite black arts and malefic in their own right? Yep, but they typically take very little interest in us "little people". They are more interested in larger targets, things beyond this realm, and unless they have a very good reason they likely could care less we exist. But again, those bad actors are an extreme exception and not the norm.

The problem with "demonic attack" is that churches spread a lot of disinformation and misinformation about the spirit realm. They would prefer everyone think anything not true to the dogma of the religion as evil and the only way to solve it is through the church's beliefs. It's a purposeful deception. Most churches, actually, would consider spirit keeping an illusion of the devil. An old and worn out diatribe to be sure.

And I am not judging you for any religion here. Your path is your path, believe what you will. But I recommend broadening your perspective. You may have experienced spiritual and psychic attack, but it's extremely unlikely it was anything to do with demons.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
CocoButtOil
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Zodiac:

I used to have a nightmare/Night terrors every night from around elementary to 10th grade. A lot of them were me experiencing someone else's pain once I got older I started to have a few that would get pretty personal, but the only time I had those was when I slept in my bedroom. Can't say it was demons, but regardless things like that can be pretty &$*#!. Especially when it interferes with your sleep so I'm glad you've gotten relief.

Absolom
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:24 am Night terrors are no joke, but there are many, many truly mundane explanations for things that are experienced during these attacks. They are the subject of many ongoing medical and scientific studies. I only point this out because night terrors and nightmares themselves are not evidence of spiritual or psychic attack by themselves.

That's not to say you didn't have any experiences at all, and I'm certainly not trying to rob you if any meaning or insights gained from these experiences. I just would prefer people be much more careful at throwing around the "I was attacked by evil spirits" statement.

The other point I would like to make is that most spiritual attacks have ZERO to do with demons of ANY kind. "Demonic attack" has been so overused in media over the past 30 years, and by churches, that it's ridiculous.

There are so many malefic spiritual entities out there who would put you through the torments you are talking about for so many different reasons, and none of them are demons. There's a whole host of feeders, pranksters, parasites and psychic sludge that are all more than happy to show you what you expect to see while ravaging you for negative energy and laughs. And most of them LOVE to impersonate demons. Why? Because Demons are powerful entities and most humans, thanks to the church, fear them and have little understanding of them.

True demons are divine beings that can be wonderful mentors, guardians and guides. They do sometimes teach hard lessons if you approach them without respect, but mostly it's to help you grow and evolve into something stronger, something better. Are there some who are quite black arts and malefic in their own right? Yep, but they typically take very little interest in us "little people". They are more interested in larger targets, things beyond this realm, and unless they have a very good reason they likely could care less we exist. But again, those bad actors are an extreme exception and not the norm.

The problem with "demonic attack" is that churches spread a lot of disinformation and misinformation about the spirit realm. They would prefer everyone think anything not true to the dogma of the religion as evil and the only way to solve it is through the church's beliefs. It's a purposeful deception. Most churches, actually, would consider spirit keeping an illusion of the devil. An old and worn out diatribe to be sure.

And I am not judging you for any religion here. Your path is your path, believe what you will. But I recommend broadening your perspective. You may have experienced spiritual and psychic attack, but it's extremely unlikely it was anything to do with demons.
Right, I did write this post some time ago, and as one of the first posts i've made on the platform, you can definitely tell that i was new to this sort of community, and didn't really get into the meat of it just yet.

I do agree with your statements, I know that some spirits can mascarade as different ones at times for their own benefit. I have also had a good bit of time to wade through old memories and dig into certain aspects of them to figure out what caused everything in the first place. Going through the events of my life, i have made a clearer picture of how things started to get where they did, and so on.

I believe that while i was being recuscitated as a newborn, some spirits decided to hitch a ride since they saw an opprotunity. Their influence was subtle but very detremental at times in my life, however they couldn't manifest themselves until i was about 5. As i grew up, perhaps other spirits caught on, due to the few that i already had, opening up avenues for others to get involved, and it soon became a chaotic mess.

I am very open to looking at things from different perspectives, which is why im interested in Spirit keeping. I just want to understand the nature of things from as many angles as possible, to see where things truely lie, and how the afterlife is structured around our existence.

The main reason why i follow the Gospel are due to a few factors during my recuscitation and when i was 14. I vaguley remember some sort of discussion i had, with what many would consider to be God, during the issue with my birth. Its mostly a blurry picture with muffled words, but i can remember the feeling that i was going to be okay in the end. After the realization i had when i was 14 and i decided to follow the Gospel, the spirits i had were dislodged from me and never came back, so you could say he saved my life in more ways than one.

I do remember a lot of other cool things during my resucitation i can discuss in other topics or further in this thread if i feel like. But that will be about it on my current understanding of the early events in my life. Hope your doing well.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

Hi Absolom!

I'm always surprised something never latched onto me as a newborn, as I literally had the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck coupled with a collapsed lung and had to immediately be taken into surgery. I think I was the first newborn surgery in the hospital where I was born, but that's beside the point. No idea if I was ever resuscitated, but it honestly would not shock me.

I had a lot of experiences as a child that as a young adult I continually was convinced were evil and that the Gospel would help. My experience was not as smooth as yours. The more I leaned into the Gospel the worse things went.

But the interesting thing, and this is coming from hindsight being 20/20 and all that, is that 25 years later I discovered the experiences that frightened me as a child into my early 20s, and that I thought were evil, were actually related to entities I was previously associated with in past lives trying to reconnect. I suspect the possible reason the Gospel helped very little was that these were not actually malevolent spirits trying to get my attention and I was just upsetting them by trying to drive them away.

Go figure. LOL

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Absolom
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:53 pm I'm always surprised something never latched onto me as a newborn, as I literally had the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck coupled with a collapsed lung and had to immediately be taken into surgery. I think I was the first newborn surgery in the hospital where I was born, but that's beside the point. No idea if I was ever resuscitated, but it honestly would not shock me.

I had a lot of experiences as a child that as a young adult I continually was convinced were evil and that the Gospel would help. My experience was not as smooth as yours. The more I leaned into the Gospel the worse things went.

But the interesting thing, and this is coming from hindsight being 20/20 and all that, is that 25 years later I discovered the experiences that frightened me as a child into my early 20s, and that I thought were evil, were actually related to entities I was previously associated with in past lives trying to reconnect. I suspect the possible reason the Gospel helped very little was that these were not actually malevolent spirits trying to get my attention and I was just upsetting them by trying to drive them away.
You were most likely in a stable enough state where your spirit wasn't made to leave your body during the whole process. If it did, you may have had some stowaways latch on whenever you returned to your body.

I was in the care of the doctors for about a few hours, they had to pump out my lungs since i had inhaled myconium and untangle the umbilical cord around my neck as well. I was purple when i came out so they had to take their time with everything. After about an hour or so they had gotten me back to a stable condition, they tried to see if i would breast feed. I started to turn blue on the way back to the room where my mom was held, and then i was wisked back into emergency care for some time. I was then stuck in a infant ICU unit for a few weeks, then let out with oxygen support for another few weeks.

In the end, my birth cost around a million dollars or so, due to the amount of effort needed to get me into a stable condition. Luckily my dad was with the Millitary, so they only had to pay the taxes on the fees. I honestly have no clue why i was given a chance at life after everything, but hey, im not complaining.

LittleBat
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires

An interesting read! I've never had true night terrors (my brother had them, they seemed like pure hell; I remember the way he'd still be in a semi dream state even after he got up, screaming, raving about the things he was hallucinating - I'm so, so glad I didn't get the night terror gene, as my mother still deals with them to an extent :-/ ), but I did used to experience semi-frequent astral attack type experiences in semi-sleep, where I'd be pulled out of my body, there'd be a swirling of evil spirits, and I'd be trying so hard to will them away or magically subdue them, & it was often really scary.

...and yup, they stopped completely as soon as I began spirit keeping! I think (may be wrong, have never asked my spirits about this - I must when I can!) that it's mostly my Cwn Annwn coming into the picture that stopped whatever this entity was, & I'm very glad. Since foolishly letting BA spirits into my life though, I have had many, many unpleasant astral experiences again, but the spirits in my keep have helped all they can, comforting me when I escape the trance state, or even while I'm still paralysed there, I've felt my Cwn Annwn come up the bed to me, then lie down next to my head - that was the sweetest, most comforting thing, & actually I swear the main reason the BA spirits have toned down their attacks from 'terrifying' to 'mildly annoying' is that the good spirits managed to make these dreams an overall pleasant bonding experience, totally defeating the BA point of it all!

It has left me intrigued by night terrors & sleep paralysis though, always wondering when non-spiritual people talk about it...if you had spirits around, would it go away for you too, or is it purely a mundane thing in this person's case? I suspect true magickal adepts can tell quite easily from what they see around/attached to that person, but I'm definitely not that adept yet, by miles!

Absolom
new here
new here
Zodiac:

LittleBat wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:53 am It has left me intrigued by night terrors & sleep paralysis though, always wondering when non-spiritual people talk about it...if you had spirits around, would it go away for you too, or is it purely a mundane thing in this person's case? I suspect true magickal adepts can tell quite easily from what they see around/attached to that person, but I'm definitely not that adept yet, by miles!
The average person who has Night terrors chalk them up as bad nightmares most the time. Unless they go out and research the actual cause of such things, they wouldn't think about it as a supernatural affliction.

When you start interacting with spirits that wish to help you through your life through spirit keeping, or invite the Holy Spirit into your life. You will have some form of defenses around supernatural attacks and happenstance. Out the gate, your average person has very little in the form of spiritual defenses against any malicious spirit.

One doesn't need to be an adept at the use of magics to sense spirits, as long as you have some general awareness about the pressence of spiritual entities you can pick up on some things. This improves as you practice and become more familiar with the sensations.

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”