neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Hello and Sorry for that Title... for I am unsure where this topic should really go^^"

It is an experience I wantes to share with you guys, maybe some of you can make something out of it? All in all it was a bit confusing, but here it goes:

I decided to go on an out of body experience (well...i wanted astral-travel to be preciese) and kept repeating a "mantra" (it was more of an auto-suggestion. A sentence wich was: "I will astral-travel this night") to it and concentrated so hard on it that I got a slight headache every now and then. 2 times I either encountered a blockage, or I released it (the two times were strange in and of themselves. It was like a very light shock wave inside my head, a very light spark came with it and the feeling that something was different afterwards), if there were blockages even, that I cannot say :\ .. ..
It felt like I held these states for a long time. I didn't bring about an out of body experience in the end I think, but my lucid dreams that night were "weird" (weird in the sence, that they were unstable of and on of itself) for that. A friend came up and I spoke telepathically to another friend before the lucidity set in.

She said that an xyz (Name of a being wich I redacted for anonymity) or something like that would like me, but thought in a dream that she meant "being xz" (This is the Name of a type of being. To be sure i also redacted it here) because she couldn't remember the name very well. Then I "realized" or thought to myself: "Oha, a body swap is taking place"

What comes next does not really have a understandable structure, for I do not remember exactly what "went down". Not that something serious went down at that part/s...but you will at least understand why I said this just now when you read what comes next :)

Sooo....I don't really remember that after that. But I know that I became aware of the dream. I don't remember what I was doing ... And then I woke up. But something was strange ... It seemed familiar to me at first, but ... strange .... I breathed in through my closed nose and realized: this was also a dream (a false awakening). Then... After a short while, I really woke up. I fell asleep again and the wrong awakening happened 3 more times or so in one go. At least once I was aware of it.

It was like this:
Dreaming - Lucidity - False Awakening - Lucidity---Real Awakening - Fall asleep again/Dream - Lucidity - False Awakening - Lucidity - False Awakening - Lucidity - False Awakening - Lucidity - Real Awakening (?).

This Chain is the one I can remember still more or less, after that there was the real awakening, or they could have been more false awakening.... And that is the reason I said "confusing" and "weird". I do know that such Chains can happen for some people, but it is still something else if one experience it for him/herself.... ALL things wich happend where of the kind wich I cannot assing to anything I know or heard of, hence me calling it "weird".....

Thank you for reading^^

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3

It sounds like you're getting there or at least improving. Even if lucidity wasn't what you were striving for. Maybe the next time you have a false awakening you can try getting up and walking around?

Kobald
neophyte
neophyte

Hello^^

Lucid dreaming is something I seem to have an affinity for, although I am happy that you write that :)

The thing about this false awakening is, that I already do walk arround and then realize something is amiss. I then do my Realitychecks and then become aware of the dream I am in. And in this case it was the same, so I am not sure if standing up and walking after the false awakening brings about the result I hope for.

Although I think you are talking about the "real awakening" between the false awakening and the next dream? In this state trying to stand up and walking arround? This...I did not try and will do :)

chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7

Heya Kobald,

I'm wondering if you're doing anything else besides reality checks to induce lucid dreams? I'm curious about your approach, as I'm actually trying to learn how to project successfully via lucid dreams. That seems to be an easier route for me.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

It sounds like a very interesting experience.

I had a couple of years of extreme lucid dreaming, in which at times I 'knew' I was somewhere where everything was real, solid, tangible, normal; I could sensorily experience things with those tangible senses. Especially touch. Equally I had dreams in which I read very long documents that scrolled down in front of me. Very detailed, perfectly composed, fascinating writing. Amazing. I tried to memorise some of it but when I woke, up it was gone.

I may have had false awakenings but not so impressive as that one was for you.

It does bring to mind a shamanic dreaming story - I can't remember where it's from. Basically an old, respected shaman from an ethnic culture in modern times (the last century or two) explained how she was able to reach the deepest layers during sleep by falling asleep in this world, waking up in the next dream world, falling asleep in that third one...and so on...until she had woken up in the seventh world.

And nowadays that inevitably brings to mind the movie Inception.

The dreamscape is a fascinating thing that our ancestors have explored comprehensively. And to think that animals go there too.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Kobald
neophyte
neophyte

chiasmox wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:05 pm Heya Kobald,

I'm wondering if you're doing anything else besides reality checks to induce lucid dreams? I'm curious about your approach, as I'm actually trying to learn how to project successfully via lucid dreams. That seems to be an easier route for me.
Hey^^ Well, I am not doing that much right now, but what I do is this: SOmetimes during the I also do Realitychecks (those wich would not make me look like someone who hit his head x*D ). The one with "breathing through the closed nose is a very efficient one as I can say for myself. Like i read until know, many people in this area do this, so it seems really effective. But there are other Checks you can do and if you use 2 or 3 of them through the day, it will condition your subcouncience. It wont be a guarantee, but this will highen the propability of have a lucid dream. Althoug this kind of conditioning/technique is a passive one. There are also more dierect, but harder, methods. But this would go Off-Topic *grin*

What I also do is...Asking myself if I am already dreaming before I go to bed, doing the Reality-Check before going to sleep. Saying my Intention out loud after this and sometimes telling myself to remember that I am dreaming when I already trying to fall asleep.

Nothing of this is a guarantee, but every bit will highten the chancces of have a lucid dream :)
Lewk wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:04 am The dreamscape is a fascinating thing that our ancestors have explored comprehensively. And to think that animals go there too.
Thank you for the sharing. The story about the shamanic dreaming story is also very fascinating o_o. I am not really knowledgebale so please forgive my vagueness, nut some also speak of 9, but I only heard it once. Although.... I get the feeling of that being infinite? But what do I know.... *grin*
I do not have much ambition for most thing and topics, but the Dream and Astralworld, the Otherworlds and whatever name and description is used... Is something wich always fascinated me o_o. To know that there is a much vaster world in a already vast universe we live in is a really exilirating thought, isn´t it? :)

And yes Inception comes to mind :D. But many "Oneironauts" (Dreamfarer or something similar to that.... a term I got a liking to :) ) say, that there is no such thing as a "deeper layer" of dreamworlds? But I do think that many of those do not take the shamanic worldview and experiences into account, also not the spiritual and metaphysical....
I like to think that the lucid dream and lucid dreaming is one possible place to initiate an astral journey....

Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:04 amEqually I had dreams in which I read very long documents that scrolled down in front of me. Very detailed, perfectly composed, fascinating writing. Amazing. I tried to memorise some of it but when I woke, up it was gone.
That's very interesting, you could really read the documents and they made sense? I heard or red a while ago, that if you're not sure if you're dreaming, you should try to read something, because your brain won't be able to process things if it's a dream. Books would be empty or the words wouldn't make any sense. The person who said that, was talking about lucid dreaming. I can't remember right now who it was, otherwise I would refer to that, so we could discuss how valid that statement is.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

ilinga wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:08 am
Lewk wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:04 amEqually I had dreams in which I read very long documents that scrolled down in front of me. Very detailed, perfectly composed, fascinating writing. Amazing. I tried to memorise some of it but when I woke, up it was gone.
That's very interesting, you could really read the documents and they made sense? I [...]
Yes. Very coherent and well written and making a lot of sense, so I really wanted to remember bits when I woke. Nothing that I'd already read or would expect to read in the waking, material world. Not that mundane...but also not highly rarified, mystical & philosophical pronouncements either. Writing this, it's frustrating that I can't even describe what the topics were.

find it again.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Also, not like when someone's tripping on LSD and says 'I must wrote down the secret of the Universe that I've just discovered, while I'm still peaking.' Then they write it down and, when they're straight again, it's so bland.

2 people I knew did this. Later they saw they had written: 'When you stand on tippy-toe, you can almost touch the ceiling.' 8^|

find it again.
chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7

Kobald wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:49 am Hey^^ Well, I am not doing that much right now, but what I do is this: SOmetimes during the I also do Realitychecks (those wich would not make me look like someone who hit his head x*D ). The one with "breathing through the closed nose is a very efficient one as I can say for myself. Like i read until know, many people in this area do this, so it seems really effective. But there are other Checks you can do and if you use 2 or 3 of them through the day, it will condition your subcouncience. It wont be a guarantee, but this will highen the propability of have a lucid dream. Althoug this kind of conditioning/technique is a passive one. There are also more dierect, but harder, methods. But this would go Off-Topic *grin*

What I also do is...Asking myself if I am already dreaming before I go to bed, doing the Reality-Check before going to sleep. Saying my Intention out loud after this and sometimes telling myself to remember that I am dreaming when I already trying to fall asleep.

Nothing of this is a guarantee, but every bit will highten the chancces of have a lucid dream :)
I haven't really tried that yet because it sounded somewhat too simple to have any effects in the end. But when I do notice that I am lucid, I also use the technique of breathing through my nose when I squeezed it. That does work.

I'll definitely incorporate it more into my day-to-day life now. Thanks a lot!
Lewk wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:58 pm Also, not like when someone's tripping on LSD and says 'I must wrote down the secret of the Universe that I've just discovered, while I'm still peaking.' Then they write it down and, when they're straight again, it's so bland.

2 people I knew did this. Later they saw they had written: 'When you stand on tippy-toe, you can almost touch the ceiling.' 8^|
Well, I suppose the answer to this all is actually pretty simple in the end if that is what you mean with "bland", Lewk. 8))

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”