Starting to think the colors are a bad idea.

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
EarthSpirit
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Love them all. <3
If I could be anything, I would be...: A faerie
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Faye
Zodiac:

Hey, I was reading through Princess's post about Reiki dragons and conjurations and it just brought up a few things in my mind that I've been meaning to get out. This is a completely peaceful post, and there is no blame, only points that I think are valid and that should be heard.

Though it is true that the members in blue or green are more experienced than the members in orange or white (in PARANORMAL fields, remember), I don't think that should mean that a member in white or orange should be blasted for disagreeing with them. Just because someone is blue or green doesn't mean they're a god that knows EVERYTHING. I once disagreed with a blue member about something COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO THE PARANORMAL. It was about a medical issue that I MYSELF deal with, making ME an expert on it. Yet, because I am a member in white, disagreeing with a member in blue, I get blasted. Even though, the subject at hand had NOTHING to do with the paranormal, meaning that the blue and I were on level playing fields, or even that I was on a higher one, being that the topic was something that I deal with in my day to day life. Your color does not define your knowledge or the importance of your opinion on every single topic in the world.

Now, there are two sides to every story. Yes, the blues and greens should be respected. But you know what? EVERY color should be respected. We are all people. Are we forming status pyramids here on CH? I'm at the bottom because I'm white? That doesn't sound right to me. All opinions should be heard and respected, and if someone blows up at someone else, it shouldn't be unacceptable because of their COLOR, it should be unacceptable because NO ONE should talk to ANYONE that way. Does that make sense?

Also, I am sick of a lot of generalizations I'm hearing where people will make broad statements about "newer members." It's like a new form of racism. :/

Proud mother to a baby pegasus, a baby gold dragon, an arkan sonney, a baby white dragon, a young miniature dragon, a hippogryph, a bear, a baby blue dragon, and a terra cotta gargoyle. :heart:
EarthSpirit
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

It seems to me that there's a lot of discrimination based on color in this forum, an ironic statement, I think.

High ranks lead to bashing on the white members. Maybe instead of colors their should be ranks, like on other forums.

For instance, "mass-poster," etc.

Of course, the red for the admins is fine, as Magnolia and Ash never ABUSE their color...

Our value shouldn't be based on our color. :/

Proud mother to a baby pegasus, a baby gold dragon, an arkan sonney, a baby white dragon, a young miniature dragon, a hippogryph, a bear, a baby blue dragon, and a terra cotta gargoyle. :heart:
SEER777
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 32
Your favorite spirit to work with: WA/DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: A beloved pet
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Seer
Zodiac:

I disagree. As the old saying goes, don't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch. One or two rogue members do not speak for all of us. Many of us cherish and earned our colors and are not willing to just give it back. A color does not make the poster, the posts do. 2cents :peace:

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." -Seneca

"Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body." ~Seneca
ASH
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

I DON'T THINK IT MATTERS IF IT'S A COLOR RANKING OR WORD RANKING, BECAUSE THEN IT WILL BE THE "MASS-POSTERS" ARE PICKING ON PEOPLE. IF THE ISSUE IS THAT PEOPLE WITH MORE TIME & POSTS HERE ARE BASHING PEOPLE WHO ARE NEW HERE, THEN IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT TITLE YOU GIVE THEM, IT'S AN ISSUE.

THE COLORS WERE ORIGINALLY MADE BECAUSE PEOPLE WHO WERE NEW HERE DIDN'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE IN MEMBERS HERE & WAS GETTING TO A BLIND LEADING THE BLIND SITUATION. IT DOESN'T MEAN PEOPLE IN BLUE, GREEN, ORANGE, ETC ARE ANY SMARTER THAN THE NEW MEMBERS, IT'S JUST A MATTER OF SAYING "HEY, THIS GUY'S BLUE, HE PROBABLY KNOWS WHERE TO FIND "X" ON THE BOARD".

ALSO, I DON'T WANT TO LUMP PEOPLE TOGETHER & SAY BLUE IN GENERAL OR GREEN IN GENERAL ARE THE ONES CAUSING THE PROBLEM. IS IT REALLY EVERYONE IN BLUE, OR IS IT JUST A FEW BLUE MEMBERS?

AND YOU KNOW WHAT THOUGH, SOMETIMES IT IS A CASE OF MISTAKEN INFORMATION. SOMEONE MIGHT COME ON HERE WHO IS NEW WITH SOME BAD INTEL, AND SOMEONE (NO MATTER THE COLOR), IS GOING TO TELL THEM DIFFERENTLY & IT IS GOING TO BE AN ISSUE. NO ONE LIKES TO BE TOLD WHAT THEY BELIEVE MIGHT NOT BE COMPLETELY TRUE, HOWEVER I'VE SEEN THE MISINFORMATION ON THE CHAT & I'VE SEEN SOME PEOPLE IN HERE TALK LIKE THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT & I KNOW DAMN WELL THEY DON'T.

PEOPLE BECOME BLUE, GREEN, AND ORANGE BECAUSE THEY'VE SPENT SOME TIME AROUND HERE & IN INTERACTING WITH THEM WE THINK THEY'VE GOT A PRETTY GOOD HANDLE ON SPIRIT KEEPING AND/OR MAGICK. NO, NO ONE KNOWS EVERYTHING, BUT WHEN SOMEONE IS NEW AROUND HERE & THEY ARE LOOKING FOR ANSWERS, IT'S NICE TO KNOW AT A GLANCE IF SOMEONE HAS BEEN AROUND HERE FOR AWHILE & MIGHT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.

I THINK IF BLUE MEMBERS ARE PICKING ON OTHER MEMBERS THEN IT SHOULD BE EXAMINED AT THE LEVEL OF EXAMPLES & DISCUSSING THE MEMBERS WHO ARE DOING IT DIRECTLY THAN TO SAY IT'S ALL OF THE GROUP. SO, WHO ARE THEY & LET'S GET IT SETTLED.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
MysticStar
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 90
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Angel
Zodiac:

But you know what? EVERY color should be respected.
That is true. everyone should show some respect to all members.
It is in the CH rules on here. No disrespect towards other members
:grouphug:

“It's easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present and their past, but you'd be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often then not, it's lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundation of their soul.”

Psychic/Medium
brotony101
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

I agree with Seer. Going to lable-making is fraught with negative possibilities. We can't be an open-minded community if we start being politically correct. This coming from a newbie and GLAD to be known as such. :wizard:

Blissed Be,
~Tony

Companion, friend & student to many spirits & entities: Djinn, Vampire, Dragon, Creature, Immortal, Alien, and Human (Historical & Giants). Creepy Hollows RULES!
EarthSpirit
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

SEER777 wrote:I disagree. As the old saying goes, don't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch. One or two rogue members do not speak for all of us. Many of us cherish and earned our colors and are not willing to just give it back. A color does not make the poster, the posts do. 2cents :peace:
I've seen mob mentality in many cases when it comes to this. When one person in a higher color bashes "newer" members, many of the other higher colors jump on the bandwagon and coddle and support the other higher color, instead of discussing the actual topic at hand, or saying "Hey, just because you and I are green doesn't make us better." If I saw more of that, I guess I'd agree more with the "one spoiled apple doesn't ruin the bunch."

As a whole statement, what you say is true. And I'm not making a blanket statement to mean that all blue or green members are rude or uppity, but what I AM saying is that this color discrimination DOES happen a lot more than it should on the CH forum.
ash-mda wrote:I DON'T THINK IT MATTERS IF IT'S A COLOR RANKING OR WORD RANKING, BECAUSE THEN IT WILL BE THE "MASS-POSTERS" ARE PICKING ON PEOPLE. IF THE ISSUE IS THAT PEOPLE WITH MORE TIME & POSTS HERE ARE BASHING PEOPLE WHO ARE NEW HERE, THEN IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT TITLE YOU GIVE THEM, IT'S AN ISSUE.

THE COLORS WERE ORIGINALLY MADE BECAUSE PEOPLE WHO WERE NEW HERE DIDN'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE IN MEMBERS HERE & WAS GETTING TO A BLIND LEADING THE BLIND SITUATION. IT DOESN'T MEAN PEOPLE IN BLUE, GREEN, ORANGE, ETC ARE ANY SMARTER THAN THE NEW MEMBERS, IT'S JUST A MATTER OF SAYING "HEY, THIS GUY'S BLUE, HE PROBABLY KNOWS WHERE TO FIND "X" ON THE BOARD".

ALSO, I DON'T WANT TO LUMP PEOPLE TOGETHER & SAY BLUE IN GENERAL OR GREEN IN GENERAL ARE THE ONES CAUSING THE PROBLEM. IS IT REALLY EVERYONE IN BLUE, OR IS IT JUST A FEW BLUE MEMBERS?

AND YOU KNOW WHAT THOUGH, SOMETIMES IT IS A CASE OF MISTAKEN INFORMATION. SOMEONE MIGHT COME ON HERE WHO IS NEW WITH SOME BAD INTEL, AND SOMEONE (NO MATTER THE COLOR), IS GOING TO TELL THEM DIFFERENTLY & IT IS GOING TO BE AN ISSUE. NO ONE LIKES TO BE TOLD WHAT THEY BELIEVE MIGHT NOT BE COMPLETELY TRUE, HOWEVER I'VE SEEN THE MISINFORMATION ON THE CHAT & I'VE SEEN SOME PEOPLE IN HERE TALK LIKE THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT & I KNOW DAMN WELL THEY DON'T.

PEOPLE BECOME BLUE, GREEN, AND ORANGE BECAUSE THEY'VE SPENT SOME TIME AROUND HERE & IN INTERACTING WITH THEM WE THINK THEY'VE GOT A PRETTY GOOD HANDLE ON SPIRIT KEEPING AND/OR MAGICK. NO, NO ONE KNOWS EVERYTHING, BUT WHEN SOMEONE IS NEW AROUND HERE & THEY ARE LOOKING FOR ANSWERS, IT'S NICE TO KNOW AT A GLANCE IF SOMEONE HAS BEEN AROUND HERE FOR AWHILE & MIGHT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.

I THINK IF BLUE MEMBERS ARE PICKING ON OTHER MEMBERS THEN IT SHOULD BE EXAMINED AT THE LEVEL OF EXAMPLES & DISCUSSING THE MEMBERS WHO ARE DOING IT DIRECTLY THAN TO SAY IT'S ALL OF THE GROUP. SO, WHO ARE THEY & LET'S GET IT SETTLED.
Maybe you and Magnolia need to write up and post a reminder on what the colors are actually for. Not for status, but as a guide for newcomers who they can go to for help. I think that the idea is good, but if misunderstood, leads to this problem. Maybe we all need to take a look at the color system and remember why it is in place.

And true, it is not everyone in blue or green. It is a few blue and green members, but as they use the "all-knowing" mentality in threads frequently, I guess it just begins to seem as if it's a lot of them. I apologize if I made a broad generalization, and I hope that others can understand why to a white member, it's easy to mistake blues and greens for people we should steer clear of. I know we shouldn't, just the opposite in fact, but I hope it's clear how it can begin to seem that way to us.

LOL, Ash, I love your mentality of getting straight to the core of the apple.

EarthSpirit
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

MysticStar wrote:
But you know what? EVERY color should be respected.
That is true. everyone should show some respect to all members.
It is in the CH rules on here. No disrespect towards other members
:grouphug:
Exactly. :)

MysticStar
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Hi Earthspirit :wave:
there is a write up here
http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 51&t=10082

“It's easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present and their past, but you'd be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often then not, it's lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundation of their soul.”

Psychic/Medium
MysticStar
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

:hug:

Psychic/Medium

Return to “Forum Suggestions”