Lyrical Tilapia

Share your favorite recipes that are to die for!
Search4DLight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: To be revealed...
Zodiac:

I checked a few more references for cilantro...

Cilantro

Pronounced [sih-LAHN-troh] this member of the carrot family is also referred to as Chinese Parsley and Coriander. It is actually the leaves (and stems) of the Coriander plant.
Cilantro has a very pungent odor and is widely used in Mexican, Caribbean and Asian cooking. The Cilantro leaves look a bit like flat Italian parsley and in fact are related.

History and Lore
Coriander grows wild in South East Europe and had been cultivated in Egypt, India and China for thousands of years. It is mentioned in Sanskrit text and the Bible Spanish conquistadors introduced it to Mexico and Peru where it now commonly paired with chilies in the local cuisine. It has since become very popular in the Southwest and Western part of the United States as well as in most metropolitan areas. An interesting note is that people of European descent frequently are reviled by the smell of cilantro. It has not gained in popularity in Europe as it has in many other parts of the world.

Coriander is believed to be named after "koris", the Greek word for "bedbug" as it was said they both emitted a similar odor. The Chinese used the herb in love potions believing it provided immortality. Coriander is one of the herbs thought to have aphrodisiac qualities. The book of The Arabian nights tells a tale of a merchant who had been childless for 40 years and but was cured by a concoction that included coriander. That book is over 1000 years old so the history of coriander as an aphrodisiac dates back far into history. Cilantro was also know to be used as an "appetite" stimulant.

I wonder if this is a case of i say potaito and you say potaato, tomaito - tomaato?!!! :crazy:

Endymion Ink
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Wisp
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Proud spiritual brother of Yllektmas
Zodiac:

Wierd, but interestink. Guess i owe an apology then. Wonder if, in common use, it is referred to coriander when in a dried or powder form (only way ive ever seen it. Usually a yellow podwer or seeds looking stuff. Not a big fan, but am of fresh cilantro mote than any other herb exvept rosemary (my fave...on sandwiches esp).

Endy

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Everything I write I have lived;
Everything I write is an implication
Of that which I have not..."
- P. M.

"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." - W. B. Yeats
Search4DLight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Well i actually collect rare heritage seeds. I have lots of different herbs from the usual to blue borage and sacre cour basil or even hymalayan mint.

If you like gardening i can send you some seeds to try out... i also collect purple veg... purple cauliflower, purple broccoli, purple basil, purple carrots, purple swede, purple... well you get the picture. Let me know what kind of soil although this is may not be the best time of year.

Endymion Ink
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Might take you up on that, should i ever be out of an apt again. Which may be doubtful for a while, given the upcoming divorce. but thank you.

The mint sounds awesome.

Endy

- P. M.

Search4DLight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

endymionfate wrote:Might take you up on that, should i ever be out of an apt again. Which may be doubtful for a while, given the upcoming divorce. but thank you.

The mint sounds awesome.

BINGO!!! OMG, I'll be going through the same thing myself... should cost me quite a bit... probably just as well i spent so much in CH sales so she can't get any of it!!!

Anyway, :superman: like us will be back on the shelves, something to think about!

I just hope that everything goes smoothly for you and your children, i do not have any myself which is part of my reason for divorce. It will be hard for you but if it's meant to be it's meant to be. Good luck with everything and when your ready for the seeds just let me know, i have a great Peter Penis Pepper which will put a smile on your face!

Endymion Ink
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Im not really sure how to respond to that last :p

Endy

- P. M.

Alitus_Ab_Corde
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 38
Spelled Number: 70
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vamp
If I could be anything, I would be...: Guardian Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Alitus Ab Corde
Zodiac:

::rofl::

Oh yeah, I remember now what I wanted to write. I got a little side tracked by the last too comments. Too Funny.

Endy, Thank you for posting this recipe. I'm thinking about making it next weekend with my daughter. She loves to cook, and I love Tilapia. She's only 10, but Tilapia in general is an easy fish to cook. The last time she was over she learned how to make breaded green beans and then when she got back to her mom's house she was excited to cook it for her Brother and Sister (not my kids, my ex is remarried)

So, anyway, Thank you for the recipe. :thumbup:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pectus pectoris est meus rector
KOLA (brother of Starfire), and proud brother of endymionfate

"I got bones beneath my skin, and mister, there's a skeleton in every man's house. Beneath the dust, and love and sweat that hang on everybody, there's a dead man trying to get out"
Search4DLight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

No joke....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Red-Peter-Pen ... 500wt_1156

Not my own i may add...... mine are a lot bigger ! ;)

Return to “Dinner to Die For”