Yummy spaghetti :D

Share your favorite recipes that are to die for!
Bellatrix Lestrange
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shinigami
Zodiac:

This is something that takes a while to make..

So to make yummy pasta noodles you need: 2 cups of unbleached flour, 3 large eggs, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt.

Place the flour on a table in a mound and make a well in the center. Put the eggs and salt into the well.

Mix the eggs together with a fork without disturbing the flour.

Using a fork, gently mix the flour into the egg mixture a little at a time...
Once you have mixed all of the flour together with the egg using a fork, switch to a bench knife (dough knife) or use your fingertips to blend the mixture together well. After the wet and dry ingredients have been combined using the bench knife (dough knife)bring the mixture together with your hands to form a ball. If the dough seems to dry, add a little more egg mixture. If the mixture is too wet and sticks to your fingers, rub your hands with flour and form the dough into a ball.

Knead the pasta dough like bread dough. Best way is Pushing down and away from you with the palm of your hand. Turn the dough about ninety degrees, fold the dough over on itself and push down and away again. Continue this until the dough is smooth..I'd say maybe about 7-8 minutes.

Using the bench knife, cut the dough into 3 equal sections. Form each section into a ball. Cover the dough balls with a towel or bowl and let rest for 15 minutes.

Flatten one of the dough balls with the palm of your hand until it's about 1/2 an inch thick..
Roll the dough till it's long and about 1/16th of an inch thick..

Now you can fold the rolled dough into a square. Cut the open end of the square a quarter inch at a time. Immediately, unroll the pasta and lay flat, hang the pasta on a dowel or a clothes drying rack. You can also lay the pasta flat on a towel, but it is more likely to stick together.The pasta can be used right away or is good for about a week..

**Now for the sauce**

3 cups diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
One chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of chopped Basil
1 teaspoon Oregano, to taste
1 cup of 3 different cheeses i like to use Parmigiano Reggiano, romano, and grana padano
1 pound of lean ground turkey (or if you like any type of meat or sausage)

For the turkey i like A LOT of spices

So cook ground turkey in a deep pan with either a teaspoon of olive oil or if nonstick just dump it in the pan

cook on medium heat (If you have simple 1-10 then put the heat of 5 maybe 6) until brown,see the oil that comes from it if you want you can keep that and add the spices,or drain the oil into a jar or however you dispose of your cooking oil..

after you've drained it (or kept it) Add a teaspoon or black pepper,3 tablespoons of Cayenne Pepper,1 tablespoon of Fennel,1 tablespoon of Crushed Red Pepper flakes (Caribe) and to top it off if you have it available were you live 2 tablespoons of Montego bay Caribbean jerk seasoning :devil:

Or of course whatever spices you like :D

so after you've spiced up the meat (or not it's optional)
Add tomato paste and diced tomatoes to the pan and stir well..
Mix in the onion, oregano, basil, and garlic
Stir the mixture with a wooden spoon, cover and let simmer for five minutes. Stir occasionally.

Cook your pasta the way you like..
And just before serving add the cheeses so it mixed in,but not overly so that you get enough taste..you can multiply the ingredients,if you really like cheese add as much as you like

As a side note: Really well done al dente pasta is made from semolina flour,but know that it is extra tough as it has a high gluten protein level..so if you have gluten allergies I'd say don't use the semolina flour.. But just as good noodles can be made with bread flour or unbleached white flour, they are not as chewy as the noodles made from semolina...

ImageImage
ღƸ̴Ӂ̴ƷღIღloveღyouღGrellღSutcliffღƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒღ Image

Return to “Dinner to Die For”