Variation on Curry Chicken

Share your favorite recipes that are to die for!
PsiDraco
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

I'm not gonna give an exact recipe here, as I use mostly intuition in cooking. This is only partial instruction to the recipe as I'm only picking this off the top of my head and will have to go read the recipe somewhere, wherever it is that I stored it. There is still a bit of intuition though with taste testing as far as the strength of the amount of curry spice you use.

I've noticed not many restaurants offer any real variation of curry other than your typical japanese, indian or chinese style. This is my grandmas recipe, and of course is not recommended if you are afraid of alot of extra calories.. or rich foods don't go well with you... and I really do mean intuition with curry mix is the key with taste testing, because that determines richness of food.. with the mayo as well. I'll update this later with more complete info, or you can jump in as this really is a simple recipe with a variation on the curry base, and I do apologize on that part. If anything it can serve as an inspiration for something different.

Oh and by the way.. this goes really good with white rice! I eat alot of white rice, so that may be subjective, but I do recommend it go with rice. Updates later.

Ingredients:

- Curry powder.. enough to make enough sauce to fill a standard glass baking dish, this will vary on how strong you want to make the curry sauce.. taste testing is advised. Just make sure to have a surplus of curry powder.

- Mayo and Cream of Mushroom soup. You'll need a 1 part to 1 part ratio to make sauce

- Alot of Brocoli

- Breadcrumbs (optional)

- Alot of boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs.. I like to buy big meat packs or frozen packs at the wholesale food places like Costco or Sams club.

A quick run down as I don't remember this all by memory as it is hidden and written down somewhere. I may upgrade it later or you can help out with the basic cooking. This is sort of intermediate anyway.

Cook the chicken until it is just about done.. you can boil it also. Fill the baking dish with enough chicken breasts.. use your own intuition on however many you want.. though I advise to leave a proportionate amount for broccoli and of course enough space for sauce.. Do the same with brocoli.

Basically you combine the mayo and cream of mushroom soup to create the curry sauce base. Then slowly blend curry powder mix in until you've achieved desired strength taste of the sauce. Keep in mind...that the curry strength of the sauce now and how it'll taste will be a bit stronger once its cooked.. so perhaps a little experimenting here is advised.

After you've created sauce, pour it over broccoli and chicken in bake dish. You can also top it with breadcrumbs for sort of crust to add flavor. I'm not exactly sure on the temperature setting, but standard is 450, and cook it for an hour or so. The food should cook the rest of the way, and the brocolli will of course soften up as it is baked in the sauce.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

This reminded me of how much I adore tandoori chicken, I had it at one particular place around here and it was just perfect.
Thanks for the pointers for the chicken, now I am craving it.

REDSHIDA24
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: ALL
If I could be anything, I would be...: ANGLE
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: uniqueness
Zodiac:

well im jamaican and i love me some curry goat babe that and some white rice damn i need to ask my mom to get some to cook

RASHIDA MORRISON

Return to “Dinner to Die For”