Egyptian God Anibus

Suess
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0

C'mon, it's not like you didn't see this thread coming....

Magnolia doesn't have anything listed in the CH enclyopedia on him in regard to Offerings and the such. So, I'm putting a SHOUT-OUT to anyone who can give me the heads up.

For your help, I'll make sure you make it okay to the other side in my Batman Bra! ;)
Last edited by Suess on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.... Plato
Dragon Lady
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

From what I can remember from my Eqyptian lifetimes, cedar and cedar oils were used ceremoniously during the embalming process. Frankincense and Myrrh were also popular. I would say that incense in any of those "flavors" would be welcomed. At the risk of sounding silly, sand or earth might also be welcomed by him.

Happy bonding Batwoman! ;)

Hugs~ Tammy
"They say it is better to be poor and happy than rich and miserable, but how about a compromise like moderately rich and just moody?" ~ Princess Diana ~
Suess
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Thanks Dragon Lady,

I can always count on you --

Now it's up, up, and away!! :mrgreen:
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.... Plato
Dragon Lady
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

drsuess wrote:Thanks Dragon Lady,

I can always count on you --

Now it's up, up, and away!! :mrgreen:
LOL! You're so funny honey! :D

As an after thought, you may want to PM Arsine. She is incredibly knowledgable about ancient Egypt and may be able to give you loads of insight!
"They say it is better to be poor and happy than rich and miserable, but how about a compromise like moderately rich and just moody?" ~ Princess Diana ~
FaerieWhispers
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Whispering Wind
Zodiac:

On a historical aromatherapy note:

Egyptians were the first to use cedarwood oil (approximately 3000 - 2000 BC). It was used as an offering to the spirits,
enbalming and early insect repellant.

See you next time...........same bat time............same bat channel!
SAGE GOLDEN WILLOW

When the doors of perception are cleansed everything is revealed to man as it is – infinite!” William Blake
Princess:LadyRedStar
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: None-fine as I am
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Red Star
Zodiac:

I swear........if I'm ever feeling down I just come here and look for one of the Dr.'s posts to lighten the day.
Brightest Blessings

Remember the ancient ways...they hold the key to the power within[/color][/list]
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

ok dr - first of all, it isn't anibus but anubis and of course i couldn't resist saying that, ;) lol. you were impatient to post and that is because you are too excited, which you should be. :) if you read my reply to you in remus discussions thread i explained about anubis. now, you can find so much about anubis through googling that you will be amazed at what you will learn about this awesome and much revered god of ancient egypt! remus wants you to learn and do....;) so, git going girl! lol. sorry but i'm stuck in this country song from youtube thanks to windy. it's a silly ditty called "down on the farm" and i can't get it out of my mind - i'm trying too!

actually dr, it is a great honor that remus chose anubis for you and i hope you do take the time to learn as much as you can about the jackal headed god. i think you're very lucky to have been given him. :) as tammy said, cedar, acacia were all woods used to make the sarcophagi and those scents either individually or together would certainly be a good offering to anubis - also an old temple scent or egyptian musk. now, that bat bra isn't too tight is it? lol take care and blessed be. arsine
witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
FaerieWhispers
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My magical/paranormal name...: Whispering Wind
Zodiac:

Ah I found my textbooks!

Egyptians used cedarwood, clove, cinnamon, nutmeg and myrrh for enbalming!
SAGE GOLDEN WILLOW

When the doors of perception are cleansed everything is revealed to man as it is – infinite!” William Blake
Suess
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Thanks you guys... making an offering now.
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

dear tammy - the sarcophagus were also made using a combination of cedar and acacia woods and what i find amazing is that 3,000 years later, the cedar and acacia still smell fresh! the egyptians chose these woods so that their scent would last a lifetime's journey through the underworld and into the kingdom of osiris!

dear robyn - absolutely correct sweetie! gosh i love hearing people read and research a subject that is so close to my heart, as well as past life. namaste. arsine
witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile

Return to “Immortals”