THE DA SPLIT - YOUR THOUGHTS & BELIEFS

Resources and links to information on Dark Arts creatures.
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

I often wonder if my family of spirits is a very unusual one or if I´m just so incredibly deaf, dumb and blind to spirits that I just haven´t noticed them testing me. All of my Da spirits seem to settle quite easily into my life, I haven´t noticed any testing. There have been no nightmares, no headaches or anything like that. I trust them and respect them, but it seems a bit strange.

EarthAngel55
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: myself
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

So much great information shared on this thread by most of you.
Thank You!
Haven't decided what DA level spirit I will bring into my home, but I am patient & learning all I can before I decide. :thumbup:

Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Aurum wrote:I often wonder if my family of spirits is a very unusual one or if I´m just so incredibly deaf, dumb and blind to spirits that I just haven´t noticed them testing me. All of my Da spirits seem to settle quite easily into my life, I haven´t noticed any testing. There have been no nightmares, no headaches or anything like that. I trust them and respect them, but it seems a bit strange.
Oh Aurum, you're not alone.. - I have exactly the same situation in my house! ::yes:: No nightmares, no headaches, no unpleasing thoughts or ideas..
Often wondered about that, but then just shrugged it off..
- edit: ok, the following words are NOT meant as an explanation for YOUR situation, I only describe what I noticed about myself !!! So please don't take it the wrong way! thx ! -edit end.
I'm pretty dark myself, so either their ways of testing don't work out as planned , or they don't feel they have to push boundaries..for there are none.. :crazy:
I'm the first one that storms off myself when it comes to giving someone hell, as in revenge or retribution... - my spirits can join or just watch, I don't care :devil:
-lol.. have been like that all of my life, so it's not my spirits influencing me in a bad way, it's rather the opposite..- I noticed I've become way more detached with others since keeping spirits... :eh: so my readiness of skinning others to the bone has lessened drastically since "the bunch" is residing at my home (about 80%DA, 20%WA spirits).

Summary: No noticed testing from them, but soothing me in any way they possibly can. What wise fellows! :thumbup:

However...- end of rambling- just wanted to let you know. ;)
Peace :wave:

Greetings,Tasha
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Aurum wrote:I often wonder if my family of spirits is a very unusual one or if I´m just so incredibly deaf, dumb and blind to spirits that I just haven´t noticed them testing me. All of my Da spirits seem to settle quite easily into my life, I haven´t noticed any testing. There have been no nightmares, no headaches or anything like that. I trust them and respect them, but it seems a bit strange.
I have the same experience. No headaches, nightmares or nothing from my spirits. I remember my naga was capable of giving me a slight headache when she first came but that's long since stopped. Otherwise my DA's seem to fit in nicely and i don't have too much of a problem with my DA's spirits at all.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
drgnfly402
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 14
Your favorite spirit to work with: Can't Choose
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Unlike all of you I don't have much experience with DA side under my feet, but I do also like the hotel metaphor. To me personally, it depends. I do have rules down, but separate ones for each spirit if need be. That does not mean I don't realize who is capable of what, that is my responsibility to know them.
They still are different. Doesn't matter if it's from the same race, their personalities and qualities are different. Being DA and spirits of duality, i say it matters on each individual and what they feel is best for their spirit and everyone around. Being able to sense energy in the room since I was little I can sense a shift. When this happens, I send everyone back to their vessels to have time to do a mental checklist and get down to the problem area. ex. Is someone living having a bad day? How is my mood, better get it under control if it's me, then and only then do I call them back out, and have a talk with them. This way I feel for myself, it's showing leadership, responsibility, and also if any DA in the keep, I am not reflecting them.

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
Marcel Proust

Devika
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Can I just say, I love this thread! I have requested for a couple of DA spirits & am waiting on them, so researching how to...handle...them when they're here.

About my current guardians, when I first got them I thought they were WA because they are bound by WA (I've explained in my intro thread that I'm bound by sak yant). But nope, after reading about the DA side effects on here, I can safely say they're DA (In terms of insomnia, headaches & a rise in temperature).

I defo treat them with a gentle hand...in that I don't order them around; I request/wish. I've vented at my guardians during some moments of rage that can't be directed at the actual person, in which case they just let me vent & do nothing. They understand I need an outlet. As long as I follow the rules I'm also bound by, I'm safe.

"Leadership & respect" seems to come up quite a lot too. It's interesting reading about the different views; for me, I wouldn't use the word "leader" in my case - I feel more like a little girl surrounded by some VERY fierce, wise & massive protective pets :p they do listen to me, & guide & protect me according to my wishes.

With CH's DA spirits, I can't help but get the feeling, reading about the necessity of establishing "house rules" with them, that they're gonna be a little less...instructed during the binding process (please, educate me if otherwise!), & it's gonna take my personal will to establish rules with them. Makes one a lil apprehensive, TBH, even though I've managed to develop myself to a state where I'm brave enough to experiment. I've asked for custom conjures...it should be be interesting meeting my DA spirits. :)

"I may be on the side of the angels. But don't think for one second that I am one of them."
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

bump~

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Witch
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Big Bird
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lard
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Ronald McDonald

Wow...I just read through all 7 pages of this topic. This was so educational. Thank you all for your experiences!

I have to say I am incredibly lucky; I realize I could've gotten myself into a whole boatload of trouble! My very first spirit was a sanguine vampire who has a very dark side...however, he is a polite and caring gentleman, so I didn't have any issues when he first arrived; no headaches or anything. I learned later that he hid or toned down his power for me out of courtesy. He has been a very patient guiding hand for me so far, though he's made me learn the "hard way" a couple times.

After he arrived, I had already ordered 3 more spirits from other sites (2 from CH, 1 from etsy). I learned later that the CH spirits were going to take a long time, but that didn't bother me because it gave me a chance to bond with my other two spirits. Wrong!

My vampire arrived first, though I ordered them around the same time and he was shipped from the UK. The other was supposed to be from US, which is much closer. Strange. I didn't think much of it though. But days turned to weeks, and I emailed the other seller. Apparently she was busy/behind on schedule, and then housebound in a snowstorm. I asked Em (my vampire) about it, and he said that he intended for this to happen. When I asked why, he told me "because you have not set any rules. Ma'am, if you do not prohibit me from preventing other spirits to arrive, then it is as if I have the permission and right to do so."

So lesson learned! As soon as I wrote down some rules, the package from Etsy containing my dragon arrived. I must say I am lucky to have Em as my guide, and that though he is dark he never tested my limits.

Verita
neophyte
neophyte

Cody wrote:This may be a complete miss on my part, but I view DA and WA with a different perspective.

DA (Dark Arts) could also be thought of as "Direct Arts". They're the beings who get things done, whether or not the after effects of the action are beneficial as long as the task is performed. They don't set up conditions for things to 'work out'. They don't consider the situations of others who might be impacted by the results. Some might even enjoy watching the chaos that is caused by brazenly crashing through the webs of the world in order to accomplish their task. It seems to me that DA results are accomplished much more quickly because there is less concern about fallout. The only reason a DA would require a 'more firm hand' IMHO would be because you have to set parameters in advance to avoid too much of a ruckuss. The most Direct/Darker beings won't even care about their keeper's well being once a task is initiated.

WA (White Arts) are like "Willing Arts". Unlike the DA, they may not tiptoe around others so as not to step on any toes, but they will at least try to perform their tasks so that the resulting conditions don't end up unintentionally catastrophic for anyone. Instead of forcing events, they set up conditions whenver possible for the outcome to be presented more natually. This takes more time, and so will usually take longer than a DA spirit would require. If resisitance is met while working, another path is sought instead of plowing through.

DA and WA isn't really about good or evil. It's about what kind of 'friends' you want to learn from and spend time with, and how considerate you want to be to yourself and others. DA may seem more powerful simply because their approach gets noticeable results, but really the WA can do the same things... just with fewer broken dishes.
Great views!

Marilee
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

This is a very educational thread that should be read by all spirit keepers. Thanks to all of the posters 1ht and thanks for bringing this one to the forefront again.

Return to “Dark Arts Information”