What are you reading right now?

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Luminoire wrote:again and again...
and again again:

Wuthering heights, Emily Bronte

You might enjoy The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins.
C-

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

I am currently reading Eldest by Christopher Paolini. I haven't gotten that far yet, but so far I am enjoying the book. Before that I was reading Fall of the Giants by Ken Follet, although I've only read about a chapter of it. I bought Winter of the World a few days back. So I'm planning to read all those three books, one book at the time.

Luminoire
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

-> MWatson-CHolmes
(By some strange reason I could not quote your post)

I am sure I would enjoy that!
Thank you for the recommendation. ;)

But back in response to your previous posting I would like to add that I also enjoy the literature of Kafka a lot.
Metamorphosis was a book which I read many times (alongside all (!) of Hermann Hesse and Thomas Mann) and it brought a completely new horizon to me and my ways of perception and expectations of "my" sort of life perception.
I enjoyed reading all the german classical authors. Theodor Fontanes "Effi Briest" is also one of my favs, not to mention Thomas Manns "Buddenbrooks" and so many more.
But Hermann Hesse is the one I adore most.

Apart from the german authors I love the victorian english authors.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Luminoire wrote:-> MWatson-CHolmes

But back in response to your previous posting I would like to add that I also enjoy the literature of Kafka a lot.
Metamorphosis was a book which I read many times (alongside all (!) of Hermann Hesse and Thomas Mann) and it brought a completely new horizon to me and my ways of perception and expectations of "my" sort of life perception.
I enjoyed reading all the german classical authors. Theodor Fontanes "Effi Briest" is also one of my favs, not to mention Thomas Manns "Buddenbrooks" and so many more.

Year ago, Elain, a ballet dancer & I were living together in a beat-up 3story (one room perstory) house on the Philadelphia Waterfront, and I was depressed because I had failed at getting a job as a gsrbage scow captain, and was walking around the house muttering and chain smoking Kools.

Elain came back from practice one afternoon and handed me 2 paperbacks, saying:

"i remember when you told me that your deceased grandmother Christine, had tols you about her "friend" whose last name was Stepniak, who had escaped from RUssia, for a murder he had not commited, and was known as the "Steppenwolf" back around 1911 or something and your idea that knowledge is a conscious force, well here are 2 books I read a few years back, and I bought them for you, honey..."

ANd I devoured them, realizing minute by minute my whole life was changing forever, because of these, even after just "whisking" through these books and with tears of joy , we went to bed, Elaine, Haller, and Magister Ludi had changed my life forever. We lay in bed sharing body heat, watching the snow dance down to ship deck and the Delaware River. And for the first time in over a month, I felt joy, as I had counted on the captainacy, as I was told I would have , early on. But the books that Elaine gave and te mind of Hess, healed me of dispair, and changed every single part of my mind and life. Elaine's own unique wisdom had smiled on me. Her own wisdom had already smiled on her.

Cai-

(c) 2013

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Various occult books..

Garvix
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Forest Cake
If I could be anything, I would be...: Eating Cake
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Go to Awake

Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown....

The Universe is Hostile... So Impersonal... Devour to Survive.... So It Is, So It's always been....
Luminoire
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

MWatson-CHolmes wrote:
Luminoire wrote:-> MWatson-CHolmes

Year ago, Elain, a ballet dancer & I were living together in a beat-up 3story (one room perstory) house on the Philadelphia Waterfront, and I was depressed because I had failed at getting a job as a gsrbage scow captain, and was walking around the house muttering and chain smoking Kools.

Elain came back from practice one afternoon and handed me 2 paperbacks, saying:

"i remember when you told me that your deceased grandmother Christine, had tols you about her "friend" whose last name was Stepniak, who had escaped from RUssia, for a murder he had not commited, and was known as the "Steppenwolf" back around 1911 or something and your idea that knowledge is a conscious force, well here are 2 books I read a few years back, and I bought them for you, honey..."

ANd I devoured them, realizing minute by minute my whole life was changing forever, because of these, even after just "whisking" through these books and with tears of joy , we went to bed, Elaine, Haller, and Magister Ludi had changed my life forever. We lay in bed sharing body heat, watching the snow dance down to ship deck and the Delaware River. And for the first time in over a month, I felt joy, as I had counted on the captainacy, as I was told I would have , early on. But the books that Elaine gave and te mind of Hess, healed me of dispair, and changed every single part of my mind and life. Elaine's own unique wisdom had smiled on me. Her own wisdom had already smiled on her.

Cai-

(c) 2013
Cai, when I read your lines I felt very connected to you.
The vibrations that you wanted to convey with this post have reached me. Hesses writings are so unique and yet so universally valid, that they can reach every person on levels at which it needs answers and insights. Touching a repartition of the heart level, at the level of the intellect, with his whole being.
Hesse helped me to recognize his writings, who I am, what I feel and where I want to go. I recognized myself in them again.
Hesse was gifted in mastering language and I love his language. For me his german language is the most beautiful thing I've ever read in literature. I love his expression, his formulations.
Steppenwolf, Glass Bead Game, Siddhartha, Narcissus and Goldmund, and so many more! They have taught me who I am.
Hermann Hesse you can learn to love ...Keep inhaling his words = energies. Magical. Exceptionally.

I enjoyed reading your response so much!
Thank you and appreciation. :hug:

AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

i'm reading e-squared. the first experiment has been done to much success! looking forward to doing the rest of them :D

:peace:

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
psychosiz
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 12

I wonder if as I peruse this and the last thing I read was Penthouse, does it count. Before you judge me for being a pervert, I was linked to an article on thre web site. And if you still decided to judge me as a pervert, your right. :)

kenpodragon
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Watcher on the wall
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Darkness from Light
Zodiac:

http://www.amazon.com/Exile-Lucifer-Chr ... 0768420997

Interesting take on the whole Christian story.

http://www.amazon.com/Devils-Apocrypha- ... 059525070X

An even better spin and great read.

Take a walk on the darker side of life.

Return to “Books & Literature”