Probably a generic question...

Share your favorite recipes that are to die for!
Primarch
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 122
Spelled Number: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Who I have become
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Primarch
Zodiac:

...but what types of food do you like? I'm not a professional chef by any means, but I'm a really, really good cook...with a problem in that I don't really eat much. I've had to teach myself to not eat because I had a problem with eating and so now I eat very little, but I love to cook for people. If things go well, I'll be living on my own shortly and then I'm really going to struggle because I'll be cooking for just myself. So I'd love to share recipes with you (even though I don't really use them myself), but I'd like to share ones that I know you'd like.

If you were to see me eat, you'd really start to worry, but my lack of eating has multiple reasons. One, I see a doctor at least once a quarter to get blood work done to ensure that I'm getting my nutritional needs met. Two, I drink way more water than just about anybody. You don't realize just how much liquid you get from food until you no longer get food. Three, I was working towards being a vegetarian until these changes to my body started to take place but now about 50-75% of what I consume is protein. It's probably going to have to be like this for the rest of my life. Four, I'm kind of doing a scientific study on immortality on my own with all of this. They've been doing research and shown that keeping a body in semi-starvation mode limits the shrinking on the telomeres, the tiny hair-like protrusions on your cells that slowly shrink over duplication. So I'm going to try to keep my body in starvation mode for the rest of my life and see how long I will live. I've got good genetics for long life, really good genetics, and with our advances in medical technology and keeping my body in starvation mode, maybe I'll live forever? 1h

So back to the original point, what do you like to eat? I make all kinds of food, from all over the world, and I'm not going to share everything all at once by any means, but I'd like to share stuff that at least somebody out there might like, so let me know. 1ey

Okay, I'm going to give up trying to list them. Too many to properly list. Maybe I'll try more generically:

11 Angels | 15 Creatures | 4 Tower Watchers | 8 Lares | 2 Succubus | 4 Unicorns | 6 Dragons | 48 Fae | 8 Gargoyles | 1 Loa | 4 Nymphos | 6 Sprites | 1 Vampire | 4 Werewolves
Drake
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

Desserts.
These quickly became a favorite.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Primarch
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

You would ask for desserts. ;-)

So, here's the deal with desserts. My daughter was my baker. She was so good at baking that I rarely ever did it. Now that she's graduating from high school and going to be leaving for the military I no longer have my baker so I'm going to learn to do it.

I'm eventually going to move into an apartment whenever I get a new job and what I am planning on doing is finding a single mother (or father) who is struggling and getting to know them so that they will trust me and learn that they can. I'm then going to make them desserts so that the kids will be happier and I'll have someone to make stuff for, but I cannot eat them (at least not all that often) myself. So I cannot really share dessert recipes right now, but I can sometime in the future because I'm really going to be working in this direction anyway. :-)

Okay, I'm going to give up trying to list them. Too many to properly list. Maybe I'll try more generically:

11 Angels | 15 Creatures | 4 Tower Watchers | 8 Lares | 2 Succubus | 4 Unicorns | 6 Dragons | 48 Fae | 8 Gargoyles | 1 Loa | 4 Nymphos | 6 Sprites | 1 Vampire | 4 Werewolves
Drake
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

If you're really into cooking that much, why don't you try for a job in that field? A bakery? Restaurant? Though you'll probably start out washing dishes if it's anything like the ones here.
Soup kitchen?

Primarch
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

My family has been trying to get me to do that for a while, but to be honest, it just doesn't pay. So my current plans are to work for a while and save most of my money and then I'll probably buy a few restaurants. My son's fiance is currently in school for restaurant management, so my first business will probably be to finance her gluten-free bakery, and I'll use the proceeds from that to start my other businesses.

I want a high-class burger and pizza joint. I'm going to have six default burgers (to include one veggie burger for the non-meat eating) and then have 3-4 burgers that change every month depending on the ingredients that are in-season. It'll have sweet potato fries, hand-cut, and seasonings to choose from. The pizza will be wood-fired in one of those pizza ovens that get so hot that you only cook for a few minutes.

I want to add-on to my future daughter-in-law's gluten-free bakery so that she can provide a lunch menu. I'd like to do that by also opening a deli, New York style, so that she can make the bread for the deli and the buns for my burger joint.

Depending on where I open these restaurants will effect some of the other places. I'd like to have a seafood restaurant that doesn't use a menu. I hire local fishermen, one per each day of the week, and basically serve whatever they bring me. Whatever is left over at the end of the day will go to a local shelter, but it'll only have the freshest seafood available and people will come in to get whatever is made for them.

I'd like to open up a noodle shop. Where people can come in and get fresh ingredients to add to their noodles of their choice. The noodles will be hand-made every day. I'd also like to own a sushi restaurant, but that one will really depend on where I live because I have this thing about freshness and I'd rather not have flash-frozen fish when it comes to sushi and sashimi.

I don't want to cook for a living, I think it would ruin the fun of it, but I would like to do the research and design the menu for a bunch of different places. So I'm going to just take my time and open up restaurants over time and hire others to run them for me. I thought maybe my son would be the one to run them for me, since he's working his way into restaurant management now, but he's recently told me that he wants to follow in my footsteps and my father's footsteps and go into computers, so now I'm going to work with him to get him to go back to college. Maybe he won't run them, but he can make enough money to go into business with me with them and then I can give them to him later on.

We'll see...lots of ideas, but now that I'm single and all, I've got all the time in the world.

Drake
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Cookbook maybe?

Primarch
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

That's definitely a possibility in my future. :-) I do read cookbooks for fun. My sister used to give me a hard time about it when I'd bring cookbooks to family events...she wanted to know about the exciting conclusion at the end of the book. ;-)

Drake
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Always the case lol. Burden of being a good cook I guess.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I have several posts in this section. One is a drunk turkey. You might want to searchin this section to get a good idea about the different recipes here.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I love.. meditteranean food, various breads (I love croissants), seafood (especially anything with shrimp).. anything with spinach or goat cheese.. Hmm.. and potatoes. I love food. LAMB I like lamb a lot.
I do know a lot of recipes myself as I'm always wanting to try and have new things, and like to experiment in the kitchen, but if you've got anything good.. give it. I'm really more into european based dinner/lunch/brunch/snacks.

Rich, tangy, spicy foods seem to be my go-tos. Not into bland or plain, always wanting to make things complex and flavourful.

I also am obsessed with desserts. Just whipped me up some eggless chocolate cupcakes (that's right I did). But see, I'm a fine improvisational baker so.. more into learning new, unique tasting dinner recipes and taking off from there.

I guess I'm the first person that has actually met your request. So gimme. GIMME!

On the other hand you make me feel like I could definitely do without sensual stimulation in the pursuit of higher spirituality.. well, in the meantime I am too hedonistic to oblige by such a dream. There is too, a spirituality in physicality after all..
I try to enjoy the human experience while I can, given the overwhelming intervals of starved madness.

I do admire your discipline.

Return to “Dinner to Die For”