Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: kelpie
If I could be anything, I would be...: not sure
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Adrien Rook

The Styx Group wrote:The ammount of true information given on this thread is about 1/4 th of a thick book. What I see is that there is a "force-of-mind" here in your ciber realm where you post.

What I see that is lacking, is discipline - self-discipline -and all major - famous - important masters of masters insist on self-discipline. Just Knowing the pieces, spells, dances, mental workings, workings with all kings of things and so on....

A story about Dr. Harry Smith (deceased).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Everett_Smith

Harrie was a supreme magus, not just an ordinary one by me, and had mastered the Abremelin Code....And was using it in a hugh sandbox so he could work in the sand Well he did something wrong, because fire started to shoot out upwards out of the sand. At the same time the walls caught on fire.

Yes, the fire was put out and the building that he then owned having had it gifted to him by Peggy Guggenheim who was also into magick and very wealthy, Now one was hurt.

Later, Harry figured out that he had placed several alphabeth letters in the wrong places of thr squares...

He never made that mistake again

So its like the movie The Treasure of Sierra Madre movie and book
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treas ... erra_Madre

The toughest, kindest, most highly intelligent person can be run off the track easily.

I have seen people becoming "engulfed" in good things but dangerous things, and the survival rate (iwas told, is something about 50-50)

So my suggestion is: See the Movie, If you Dare, and you might just learn how to handle important aspects of Self.

And that is a Good Thing. But I have a strong feeling that you will ignore this, completely.

Caiyros

I read through both of the Wikipedia links you provided. I found Harry Smith's wiki page to be a rather interesting read, I will have to look up more information on him. I'll see if I can get my hands on a copy of The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, both the book and the movie. I also looked up the Abramelin Code, which also sounds interesting, I will have to look further into that as well. If there are any other books or movies you could suggest, that you think might be helpful, I'd appreciate learning about them. Thank you. :)

Shadows_ and_Omens
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: kelpie
If I could be anything, I would be...: not sure
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Adrien Rook

Noctifera wrote:Here's what I would suggest, and it's probably the more difficult route and you might not want to pursue it. However if the calling is intense enough, if you really care and really want to be able to trust the process I would say this is the alternative.

Realize first of all what the calling is - if it has been this persistent and specific, there is a very likely reality that your strong pull to a typically malicious race of beings means a particular one is calling to you, and already around you.. rather than the race itself being the draw.
Get to learning, advancing your own abilities of : energy discernment, spirit communication, protective shielding, DA command/influence and connection.
At the point where you are reasonably confident in your abilities, you will know the nature of this being, be able to interact with it of your own accord, and be able to disconnect if there is trouble.
Then you can simply develop a non-binding relationship, you can potentially bind it for yourself, or be better educated to understand the next step.

Essentially, if you want to be forming connections with potentially dangerous beings, you have got to be willing to put in the work yourself.. because in reality, even if a practitioner could 'safely' bind such a being for you, you yourself need to be prepared. There might be a reason you find yourself in the predicament of waiting patiently for someone you trust to offer you the opportunity, and still not finding the avenue you seek.. and that reason may be that you need to be putting in more to your own path so you can understand these things for yourself. You need to understand the nature of this being for yourself, you need to understand your connection to them and what the potentials of that are. All of this would help you in many ways.
You make a very fair point. I realize there are many things I still need to work on, and have been working on. It hadn't occurred to me that the being I'm feeling this pull towards might already be around me. I will have to explore this possibility, and I appreciate you bringing it to my attention. :)

Celene
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals

This is where I find it gets confusing. I listen when Ash and/or Magnolia say something isn't a good idea to conjure and bind, and that has been my foundation since I started this journey, but then I come on the forum here and others say differently. I want to give other practitioners a chance, but I don't think I have the courage to go for something that Ash and Magnolia really don't advocate. Besides, I do not feel called to BA, so maybe it's best that way.

“To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”
― Thomas Campbell

Return to “Black Arts”