1 week vegetarian Challenge

Share your favorite recipes that are to die for!
J.Kindi
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragons
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: I really don't know

Just started my 1 week vegetarian diet with no salt or sugar, any recommendations? stuff to look for?, to expect?

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

The vegetarian part, I get. As long as you get enough protein and nutrients (use pills?) you shouldn't expect anything to happen. It's just a week.

Cutting out sugar and salt is nearly impossible, even doing all your own cooking. It should be easier to regular your moods and you may even lose some weight.

AFrog
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret

With no salt? That's...couragous, because salt brings out the taste of the food. (Take care of your electrolytes, especially when you sweat alot. A shortage on electrolytes could cause a circulatory collapse~)
Use many spices and herbs to make the food at least edible.
Remember that cheese and bread is also made with salt, when you really want to go 100% salt-free.

AFrog
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Inedible wrote:The vegetarian part, I get. As long as you get enough protein and nutrients (use pills?) you shouldn't expect anything to happen. It's just a week.
I'm not a vegetarian myself, but proteins are rarely a problem. Milk and milk products contain alot of proteins, also legumes. Vitamin B12 and Iron is more problematic, but can be done if the person knows what they're doing.
Cutting sugar is makeable (but not 100% sugar free) if you just regulate your sweets and cut the sugar you put into the tea/coffee, but completely salt-free is impossible, yes. Because the food becomes...inedible. I had to cook without salt in my education to a dietetian and it was aweful. Even if you try to put in many spices and choose food with alot of natural taste... I wouldn't eat salt free voluntary :,D

Marilee
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I have been vegetarian for 29 years. Yes, I do feel much healthier and better spiritually and mentally. I have had full blood and urine testing (Nutreval) in the past 5 years, and my doctor told me my results were some of the best she has seen! The only things I was out of range in were Zinc and succinic acid. That is just my experience. I am not a vegetarian who tries to convert others.

Over the years, I have worked with several different holistic doctors, including a Tibetan doctor. She had me off sugar and refined grains for several months. I did feel a bit better (I was dealing with depression and anxiety probably due to hormonal changes) and I didn't lose any weight (I didn't need to at the time), but the experience made me more mindful about my eating. Sugar and refined grains have now become a very small part of my diet. The only time I lost weight (if that is your goal) was when I was on a vegan elimination diet trying to find the cause of allergic symptoms (dairy or eggs were not the culprit).

Severely restricting salt can actually be dangerous if you don't know your sodium levels. My mom has low sodium levels, and in extreme cases, this condition can lead to coma, so be careful. I always use Himalayan Pink, Celtic Sea salt, or some of the other high mineral and electrolyte content salts in my cooking.

I agree with Inedible that one week is too short a time to notice anything really. You may lose water weight and notice less weight fluctuation from the severely restricted salt intake, and you may notice less mood fluctuation from the lack of sugar. Ingesting sugar does cause a release of dopamine and that's why many people become addicted.

J.Kindi
new here
new here
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragons
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: I really don't know

Thanks all for the valuable input, as for the goal of this 1 week vegetarian is to kind of give my stomach and liver a rest from digesting meat and the other mentioned food groups and also because I heard vegetarian diet helps greatly with clairvoyance.
Giving up the salt was harder than giving up the sugar by far, because I can get natural sugar from fruits and honey, but food had really not much taste, made me appreciate how the ancestors lived "in past before salt can be extracted from sea water salt was an expensive luxury, normal and poor people bought it when they needed it as a medicine".
I take multivitamins and minerals too and B12 + Zinc in included.
If I loved the result from this week I might continue to be a vegetarian, I would for some people it would take more than one week to feel any difference, but because meat is part of my everyday life I immediately noticed actually a huge difference from just one day, I would say it is a good change, but the craving are tough to deal with, I almost broke once and yet it has not been more than two days. So besides the cravings I actually feel good especially after I drank the mint, lemon, matcha, and gingier mix this morning, which felt like a beautiful carbon free boost, I felt like a clean electric car... it was a very clean boost.

Kaliopia
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 68
Spelled Number: 280
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Kaliopia Amethyst Rayne
Zodiac:

A few weeks ago I went on a whole foods plant based diet and I feel like a whole new person! I've had a pretty bad case of chronic fatigue the last 5 years, and now I finally have some energy to get some things done. I also just moved to an island which has had it's own place in my healing, but the diet seemed to be the missing piece I needed.

You need salt, so don't go without too much. Use the pink Himalayan salt since it has electrolytes and minerals your body needs.

I'm not sure what your goal is? Mine was for healing, and it's working out really well. I know removing animal products from your diet and not consuming processed foods is supposed to help with psychic abilities, but I have yet to really test it out.

morganana25
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 5
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision

I was on vege diet for about 8 days but I ate stale soup and felt so wrong :( I can't eat broccoli now ;(

Return to “Dinner to Die For”