Are some places on this earth more paranormal-connected?

Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

Are certain places on this planet more connected with the paranormal than others?
Just an example, in this topic we are discussing about 'what made the medieval people more open to the paranormal' someone commented about the change from nature to city.

And as a Belgian woman I'm wondering... why is there such a small part of the Belgian population believing in the paranormal, where as in the USA for example, it seems more people are believing in the paranormal?

Even paranormal, but also religious. I am religious, but many of my fellow Belgian people aren't. And they would say that someone from the America's is even into sects, because they can't spin their head around the fact that Americans are so religious.

in the UK they have spooky/haunted castles/houses/lakes/buildings. Or has that to do more with history than something else?

I just don't get it? Are some places more connected to the paranormal than others? And why is that exactly?

proud to be chosen by so many spirits <3

Whatever is Out There has set my destiny, but I'll walk the way to get there.
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

I believe some places are more connected to the paranormal-and yes I think history also plays a part! I can give an example: a friend of mines husband has relatives in England as well as Germany, when he & his mom took a trip together to both countries, when they were in England they were at this restaurant & swore they saw someone sitting with them but it was just the two of them at their table-the restaurants employees said there was a regular customer that had passed away but before he did he came to the restaurant & had told everyone it was his most favorite place to be! When they went to Germany they felt they needed to go to the Concentration Camps to pay respects for relatives & friends that died there, well since there was a tour of some kind going on they decided to join in, well when they felt it was time to separate from the group & explore the place themselves both had heard a lot of moaning as well as crying, the place both of them found the most troubling was the gas chamber part, they heard a lot of screaming as well as pounding on the walls! So yes I believe some places are more prone but history also plays a part too!

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

I just remembered-my friends husband & mom also been to the Concentration Camp in Poland too-I think that is where they had heard the pounding & screaming from too-I consider both camps a bad place where some kind of paranormal haunting is a given!

Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

Catgirl2 wrote:I believe some places are more connected to the paranormal-and yes I think history also plays a part! I can give an example: a friend of mines husband has relatives in England as well as Germany, when he & his mom took a trip together to both countries, when they were in England they were at this restaurant & swore they saw someone sitting with them but it was just the two of them at their table-the restaurants employees said there was a regular customer that had passed away but before he did he came to the restaurant & had told everyone it was his most favorite place to be! When they went to Germany they felt they needed to go to the Concentration Camps to pay respects for relatives & friends that died there, well since there was a tour of some kind going on they decided to join in, well when they felt it was time to separate from the group & explore the place themselves both had heard a lot of moaning as well as crying, the place both of them found the most troubling was the gas chamber part, they heard a lot of screaming as well as pounding on the walls! So yes I believe some places are more prone but history also plays a part too!
I've not seen it this way before, but the connection between paranormal and history should indeed be considered. Belgium was 'made' in 1830, so it's a fairly new country... where as Germany and England are also much bigger countries. :-)
Oeph, yeah Concentration camps. I don't even want to visit those... the stories are already horrible enough for me. I still have nightmares from the movies that are made about them.

proud to be chosen by so many spirits <3

Whatever is Out There has set my destiny, but I'll walk the way to get there.
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I can't even watch any documentaries with actual footage on the place-it scares me to the core! My friends husband is Jewish & it's his moms family that was in the camps-with a couple of cousins on his fathers side-sad thing about it was my friends mom & her siblings were spared because they all were brought here to the U.S. when there was talk about the camp, but the sad thing was her parents had stood behind to help bring some relatives to come here, ended up in the camps them selves, both of his grand parents survived (his mom's parents) but some of their immediate relatives perished there! My friends husbands mom was about 10 years old when she saw her parents again-luckily his fathers side were here so for the most part who ever was here was spared-only a couple of cousins perished in the camp reasons were that they were living in either Germany or Poland at the time & refused to leave!

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

So I know what you mean-it still scares me knowing there is a scary place like that-plus the spirits that are still in there, those poor souls!

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

If this is a topic that interests you, I suggest you do some reading on ley lines.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

There are 3 aspects to the paranormal: Earthly, Astral or Spirit. ‘Places’ in the world tend to be tied to the Earthly aspects of the paranormal or those with links to other places.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

An update, I listened to an interview with a person who said he had an Earthen plane paranormal encounter.

He mentioned that the sentient paranormal beings who live with us know our society from inside out, including the technology we use. They’ve been more up to date with that than we expect somehow.

And also have far better senses, knowing the psychology of us plus how to avoid being found if they wanted.

Some don’t want to be filmed for whatever reason he said and are able to sense whether you have a phone on you. And he cited in his experiences when he brought a phone to the wilderness paranormal encounters went down by almost 99% for him.

Taking this with a slight grain of salt but if true?

But this also means if you are well protected or carrying a weapon, phone, camera that one of those bad paranormal entities might be able to know. So thus avoid you if they think they can’t take you on.

But if you brought nothing there is a semi-chance one could decide to grab you regarding protection. At the same time you could encounter some of the normal ones depending on what you bring?

Anyways interesting insights.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Ok so I may get the chance to see depending on how this goes, my parent wants to move to a 'town'/city in 2-3 months surrounded by mostly almost all wilderness with only 38k people. I wonder if anything there will be different, going to try exploring once I can.

I've been there before and the vibe or energy of the place feels different yet 'familiar' in the layout because of idk some traits that are common.

As part of my checklist in 'things I went to do in my life' when I manage to get a car or just a method of looking around I might start exploring the 'great outdoors'. I like working on 'the great outdoors' so will try to pursue work involving hunting down pests for say, farmers or the council and hopefully I will spot 'something' while doing so. One of the things in the checklist is to ride a horse through the wilderness or trek through a forest.

After doing this the next list of things to do will be to someday visit Hoia Baciu forest in Romania once I'm free to do so.

Return to “Unsolved Mysteries”