Article - A Witch’s Book of Mirrors: Reflections to Build Critical Thinking Skills

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Fun read on a journaling practice for spiritual development.
A Book of Mirrors is another word for a Witch’s personal journal, with entries that document their spiritual awakening. It is highly recommended that you maintain a regular practice of writing down your thoughts and experiences as they happen. You’ll find this practice to be invaluable as you look back on your progress, and begin to see patterns and themes emerging. But most importantly, regular written reflections within a witching framework can teach critical thinking.

These entries are a ‘reflection’ of where you are along the way–a snapshot in time–but they become the mirror in which we can see ourselves more clearly. Like the moon reflecting the sun, this process helps bounce our conscious thoughts off of our subconscious depths, illuminating our path more clearly. In this article, I will provide the framework I created for myself and my students.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/witchonfi ... -thinking/

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Very cool!

I’d have a rough time with the writing part, Due to arthritis in my hands. But I’d debate that in my case, typing is an adaptation worth making, not a shortcut to be dispensed with in favor of old-school longhand recording methods.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Ellie44
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 4

I keep a grimoire and a Book of mirrors. I have found that I am able to reflect more and grow when I connect the timeline of both...spell castings and entries in BOM. It has been an amazing tool on my journey. I think it's great you shared this!

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I was just thinking I needed to start doing something like this!

Ellie44
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 4

I so highly recommend it! I have had many aha moments since the practice.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

This is a distinct but related journaling practice: Keeping a moon journal (https://www.patheos.com/blogs/naturessa ... n-journal/)
Through this practice one would follow the phases of the moon as he or she worked to attain the lifestyle and skills they wanted, but it took planning.

Firstly, one would decide on the characteristics they would like to develop in order to be more happy and empowered and create a better lifestyle for their self and their family. Secondly, one would develop an action plan to determine how they would bring about the necessary changes. Thirdly, one would decide what types of behaviors, or negative ideas and attitudes they had that were hindering their lives and they needed to get rid of, and how to go about releasing them in a practical way.

The work of changing and developing oneself would follow the phases of the moon. During the new moon one would reflect and prepare to work on a behavior–only one. During the waxing moon one would intensify their action plan and work to develop the behavior. During the full moon one would complete that action plan and gain the behavior they wanted.

As the moon waned they worked at releasing the negative attitudes and behaviors. All the time during the process they would keep a journal on their progress or lack of progress. If one hadn’t completed the process of gaining a new behavior they carried it over to the next month and did some more work, and if they didn’t get rid of a behavior they carried their efforts on that behavior over to the next month.

This journal would continue from one month to the next gaining the positive eventually and letting go of the negative, until one was finished. Only then would one move on to the next behavior. Journaling allowed one to document their progress and to look back at their milestones as well as process their thoughts and feelings during the process.

This was a way that one could draw on the power of the Goddess to improve one’s life in a practical way.

LittleGreenIcon
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

These articles are great - thankyou Alys!

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

:8)

Return to “Educational Material”