Giving spirits names

SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mermaid
Zodiac:

Absolutely! I think names are very important, so I've given nicknames to all my spirits who don't have a name. For example, I call my grim reaper Grimmy, or Grimothy when I want to be more formal 0:)

InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Lulz... took me like 80 tries to make that sound like Timothy lolol.

That's gotta be one of the most original things I've heard in a while and it was a really good belly laugh once I got it

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Gypsy
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Changes daily
If I could be anything, I would be...: fae
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a secret ;)

I was recently blessed by CH, along with my custom conjure, to have received a volkh as a gift. Mortimer informed me that volkh don’t usually have names but, I felt he needed one out of respect. So I now call him “guardian” when referring to him. He seems to like it. Perhaps you may try something like this.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

There's an unbound living in my apartment with me who I don't have a name for let alone a gender. I tend to address them as "Luv", "Beautiful being", or other such nicknames as a way to make them feel appreciated.

I also have a nameless unbound that has been popping into my dreams lately who I've begun addressing as "Artemis" - as the name just felt correct to me. I haven't recieved any bound Spirits that lacked a name, but if I had them, I'd probably choose to nickname them with simple things in the same way that I do with the apartment unbound.

I've found that Spirits and Entities pay more attention to the intent behind the words anyway, and not the names themselves, and while some do enjoy having specific names or callings others could hear you say "lightbulb" and if you had the intent of getting their attention they'd likely respond. Albeit, they'd probably look at you a lil funny.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Lacuna
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 80
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Wood Elf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Adam Sandler
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Lacuna
Zodiac:

I had a custom binding of a Grim Reaper a while ago, and despite my first Grim Reaper coming with a name, this second one did not.

As soon as he was bound, I kept getting harassed by moths. At work, on the way home, in my bedroom, all these darn moths! But I remembered years ago, a work colleague of mine told me that in their culture, having a large group of moths in your home was a portent for death.

So naturally, I called him Moth. Thankfully, he stopped bugging me (literally) after that.

Jump through the mirror, leave fear behind.
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Lacuna wrote:I had a custom binding of a Grim Reaper a while ago, and despite my first Grim Reaper coming with a name, this second one did not.

As soon as he was bound, I kept getting harassed by moths. At work, on the way home, in my bedroom, all these darn moths! But I remembered years ago, a work colleague of mine told me that in their culture, having a large group of moths in your home was a portent for death.

So naturally, I called him Moth. Thankfully, he stopped bugging me (literally) after that.
That's an awesome story! :D

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Campamocha
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 8
Zodiac:

it's funny that I should come upon this as I've been thinking of getting a wraith and giving them a name! It came to me in a dream sort of. it was just a dream of me thinking about it and coming to a conclusion, and I still liked the name when I woke up lol. My uncle had a spirit in his house who he believed was a young boy. He caused minor mischief and liked to play around. My uncle ended up calling him Stevie and the spirit would answer to that name (he didn't like Stevie's shenanigans when he was trying to watch football and would tell him to knock it off lol)

Ferro
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unicorn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Winged Unicorn
Zodiac:

Campamocha wrote:it's funny that I should come upon this as I've been thinking of getting a wraith and giving them a name!
My thoughts exactly, as a Volkh is just about to join my family \:*

"Your frustration is well understood, but one must be patient for all things good." - Zecora
draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I give nicknames to unamed companions as well! I'm currently trying to think of a nickname for the new wraith that's on the way. The other one here I call Wrath which isn't very far off from wraith but fits him pretty well since he can be pretty wrathful in pursuit of defense >.<

ariadnesthread
new here
new here
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Ariadne Sapphire
Zodiac:

I have an unknown spirit who moved in to my back bathroom of all places, ( though he hangs out in my daughter's closet on the other side of the wall too). We gave him a name and he seems to like it. His favorite activity is turning on the old radio on the bathroom shelf and listen to modern pop music. So I think most enjoy being noticed and that you care enough to give them a name.

Courtwind Angel named D, a Red Dragon named M, a Chinese Fox Spirit named E and a Miro spirit

Return to “Spirit Keeping”