What sort of companion would you recommend?

ariadnesthread
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Ariadne Sapphire
Zodiac:

Hi guys, I have been a Pagan solo practitioner for awhile now, but am ashamed to say, this is the first I have heard of Spirit keeping.
Anyway, I work in home health and really would like a companion spirit that is also capable of helping me care for my clients. I am pretty introverted, (not shy), but I am very loving and social with those I care about. I am also a single mother, a very strong Empath, (I sense spirits and feel the emotions of others), and a novice witch, (been doing spellwork only a few years). I also am a strong clairvoyant, that uses the Tarot to make some extra money from time to time.
So a spirit that could help me further develop those gifts and find out if I possess any others would be ideal. I also really love History and watch waaaay too many documentaries.
My youngest daughter can see spirits, so I am sort of afraid to buy one that is scary looking. I figure she would get used to it, but it would most likely disturb her for awhile. And we all know an upset teenager can turn your house upside-down!
Anyway, sorry for the ramble, trying to get my thoughts together on such a new, exciting subject is a little hard right now. The choices seem endless and the possibilities doubly so. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Courtwind Angel named D, a Red Dragon named M, a Chinese Fox Spirit named E and a Miro spirit
featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

My first initial thought to recommend you would be a Brass Dragon -
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/custom-c ... pirit.html

My Brass dragon has given me the best advice that I have ever received in my journey so far. I need to work with her more, regrettably, but maybe this is my sign to do so haha. But read through their listing - they're very good with communication and love to learn.

If you're afraid of your daughter being afraid, I would just ask her how she thinks about dragons and if she would like to meet one. I feel like dragons are one of those amazing creatures that inspires anyone who sees them.

The second is a Faery of Intelligence -
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/CUSTOM-C ... GENCE.html

Mine has been a big help to me with learning and studying and keeping me on track when I'm trying to do some work, whenever I'm open to listening to her LOL. I see her a lot as little shadows flitting over my table or movements, especially when I have my school work out. I recommend her too as I don't think these fae are all that scary looking and quite small.

Good luck on your journey! Don't be ashamed to have just found out about spirit keeping, either! You were lead here now for a reason ;)

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Bronwyn Angel's immediately come to mind:

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/CUSTOM-C ... ERFUL.html

I love my Bronwyn companions very much. They can help in so many different areas on top of being incredibly loving and protective. They are very caring and considerate of all others in the household and have never caused any of my children problems.

My other suggestion is to click around the shop and see what calls to you the most as each of us will offer different suggestions based on personal choice. I wish you the best on the beginning of your journey!

ariadnesthread
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Thanks for your suggestions. I had actually looked around the shop for a couple of hours yesterday, but there are so many choices! I thought I could get my bearings a little by asking for some opinions. I will attempt to go through all of the listings this weekend when I'm off.

Courtwind Angel named D, a Red Dragon named M, a Chinese Fox Spirit named E and a Miro spirit
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hi and welcome :)

Some suggestions below...
ariadnesthread wrote:Hi guys, I have been a Pagan solo practitioner for awhile now, but am ashamed to say, this is the first I have heard of Spirit keeping.
Anyway, I work in home health and really would like a companion spirit that is also capable of helping me care for my clients.

Possibly a custom conjure Phoenix? You can ask the CH help desk if they think a suitable Phoenix willing to help you in these ways might be possible.
see
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/CUSTOM-C ... ATIVE.html
They are white arts (not scary).

I am pretty introverted, (not shy), but I am very loving and social with those I care about. I am also a single mother, a very strong Empath, (I sense spirits and feel the emotions of others), and a novice witch, (been doing spellwork only a few years). I also am a strong clairvoyant, that uses the Tarot to make some extra money from time to time.
So a spirit that could help me further develop those gifts and find out if I possess any others would be ideal. I also really love History and watch waaaay too many documentaries.

Check out https://shop.creepyhollows.com/custom-c ... angel.html Again they're WA and not scary.

My youngest daughter can see spirits, so I am sort of afraid to buy one that is scary looking. I figure she would get used to it, but it would most likely disturb her for awhile. And we all know an upset teenager can turn your house upside-down!
Anyway, sorry for the ramble, trying to get my thoughts together on such a new, exciting subject is a little hard right now. The choices seem endless and the possibilities doubly so. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
ariadnesthread
new here
new here
Zodiac:

I asked my daughter if a dragon hanging around would disturb her, she seems to think it would be okay. I don't think she is all that keen on the whole idea of Spirit keeping, she says she sees enough ghosts just wandering around, why do we need more? Hopefully I can get some friendly, helpful spirits that will change her mind.

Shadow Stitches
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kelpie

Pipe foxes are adorable & friendly, and could help enhance your skills in divination.

ariadnesthread
new here
new here
Zodiac:

A fox spirit sounds awesome!

ariadnesthread
new here
new here
Zodiac:

So I finally got paid and ordered my companions. I purchased a tower Angel and a red dragon. I also took advantage of the penny package for new members (I chose Ariadne, of course), and a couple of the $1 items. I am sooooo excited! \./

TrueGalacticPrince
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune & Courtwind
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Morrwin
Zodiac:

ariadnesthread wrote:Hi guys, I have been a Pagan solo practitioner for awhile now, but am ashamed to say, this is the first I have heard of Spirit keeping.
Anyway, I work in home health and really would like a companion spirit that is also capable of helping me care for my clients. I am pretty introverted, (not shy), but I am very loving and social with those I care about. I am also a single mother, a very strong Empath, (I sense spirits and feel the emotions of others), and a novice witch, (been doing spellwork only a few years). I also am a strong clairvoyant, that uses the Tarot to make some extra money from time to time.
Glad to hear you found some spirits that work for you. Your post made me think of a few spirits I think you would be interested in looking up. When it comes to the healing nature I would suggest ether a Ki-Lin or an Itla Dragon. Itla Dragons sound very much like your personality, they aren't very big so they tend to not be frightening in nature. They are renown healers and tend to be on the introverted side of the spectrum. Ki-Lins can be very loving, wise, loyal, and have a gentle nature so I feel they would be great with kids.
When I read that you're an Empath I thought of the Bellaydi Elf spirits who are also Empaths. The Bellaydi are wonderful spirits and I speak from experience that they are loving, compassionate, and will want to push and inspire you along your journey. They tend to be great at the arts such as poetry, music, stuff like that. They love to talk to their keeper and are always up for a good conversation. I have never felt any judgmental feelings with my Bellaydi Elf, if anything I feel more like he gives me constructed criticism on how I can improve on my craft.
If you are looking for a spirit that could help you improve your magic I will always recommend a Masheba. My first spirit was a Masheba and she's been a great help with my spells. These spirits wouldn't seem scary to a child sense they are cat's who are made of light.
Chinese Fox spirits are also great at helping with improving your craft. Even more so when you want to dabble in Necromancy. I like going on ghost tours so understanding the dead is a big hobby of mine, I feel my lady fox will be very helpful in this department.
These are just a few spirits I wanted to bring to your attention. I hope you look in to them and tell me what you think.
Have a blessed day.

1=Nixie (Nix) 1=Masheba (Z) 1=Courtwind Angel (F) 1=Chinese Fox (Lady Fox) 1=Bellaydi Elf (B-Elf) 1=Hippogryph (H-Gryph) 1=Ivory Dragon (Roo or Nap Dragon) 1=Kobold (C) 1=Cwn Annew (C-Hound) 1=Ki-Lin (Z-Lin) 1=Wraith? (Casper) 1=Kitsune (T) 1=Norse Tiger (D) 1=Pet Dragon (E) 1=Midnight Moon Angel of Abundance (S) 1=Were-Dragon (K) 1=Selkie (M) 1=Alya 1=Raiju (A)

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”