doriangeleve
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I am looking to Re-home a wraith. I have a spirit family consisting of 12 entities of various races including 2 other wraiths. All are custom conjured. This one was my first purchase as a spirit keeper. He is a CH dynamic wraith. He is no longer a good fit for the rest of our spirit family and the others have asked me to have him re-homed.

In full disclosure he is something of a bully and should be in a single spirit type of situation as he clearly indicates that is what works best for him. He and I had no issues when it was just the two of us. As I acquired more spirit family members the problems arose. It is not them. It is him. I am asking a small rehoming fee ($20) as he was not cheap to acquire. He loves myrrh and doesnt mind it in the little inexpensive incense you can get at Walmart for a couple bucks. Any takers?

InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

How long have you had him?

And aside from the other 2 wraiths, what is your keep like? As in races.

And what does he think, feel and want?

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
doriangeleve
new here
new here

Only about 2 months. I have a black dragon, 2 volkh, 2 werewolf, 2 hellhounds, 2 wraith, 2 angels, and him. The other spirits all report problems with him except the black dragon for obvious reasons and no one wants him to remain so I have not taken his feelings into consideration. He has admitted to being an abusive bully to the others and essentially its my fault because I didn't install proper controls and house rules. He will need an experienced keeper who can take a firm hand with him.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

That would be odd behavior for a Wraith. They are, by nature, non-social, and in encompassing that definition they rarely speak, they never interact with other spirits, and they don't like to be interfered with in terms of community spirit. At most you would be able to task them in terms of events that would include other spirit companions, but they are not going to devise a plan with other spirits, they will do their portion of any tasking on their own. Wraiths value solitude, and I realize that some other sellers call their spirits "Wraiths" and they have different definitions of their behavior, but they are not the same as the Wraiths we work with. When we use the race name of "Wraith" it is befitting and true of their nature; silent, focused, determined, loyal, and loners by nature.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Could this be a case of projection? Like the textbook psychological term projection?

I did find it odd, this post. But I also find it odd that 2 different people are trying to re home companions at this point. And sadly, I'm just not able to accept anymore into my keep at this moment in time. No matter how tempting a "bully" companion might seem. And I'm clearly not as experienced as most, but I am keen and attentive. And I was hoping to come to an accord. But now is not the time.

I do hope that you and he get to the bottom of this though. I would love to see a retraction of this offer. I'm sentimental like that...

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
doriangeleve
new here
new here

The other two wraiths don't speak much that's true. Maybe he talks because I talk to him but I polled my spirits and the vote was to re-home him. I'm not sure what else to do about that except re-home him. I suppose I can ask again and make sure everyone truly wants him gone. Honestly I get that I'm new to spirit keeping but I am wondering how I could possibly be making this many mistakes...or did I get a bad batch of spirits who are deliberately messing with me because I am new? What's the deal here?

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

I cannot take him on as a bound friend, as my personal limit is ten. However, I have more than enough room if you merely need a vacation from him to figure things out or otherwise ensure that he has a safe place to go until he finds his own way. I work with several Spirits, some who govern their own kingdoms and create realms. If he would like to leave, He'd be treated like one of us with no expectations - save basic respect of others - until he decided to go off on his own. I have another Wraith, so perhaps he will feel more welcomed in that sense --- in spite of the known loner personality they tend to have.

That said, I'd also triple check to make sure that this isn't some sort of psychological projection like Infernal said...since that's what it sounds like it is from an outside point of view. Wraiths are precise, but I've never known them to be bullies. They don't gain pleasure from social interaction - positive or negative. They much prefer to keep to themselves and have very high work ethics. All five wraiths I've known respected my space extremely because they understood the value of having space to begin with. Are you sure you cannot come up with a compromise between your keep members about boundaries...?

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I know this is slightly off topic, but aren't you also dealing with a witch that has already casted illusion magick on you? I almost re-homed my first one when I didn't trust my intuition. I suggest some heavy cleansing/purification and perhaps a barrier that blocks all intrusive magic on yourself or at home.

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia

Literally so many spirits and entities now, even after I said I would not get anymore. But definitely under 200. May it stay that way :p)
Dragona
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: goddess
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

You're only asking the opinions of your other spirit companions right? and not having any talks and possibly boundary setting with your first wraith that you are saying you are having problems with? It's only fair to communicate with him as well.

doriangeleve
new here
new here

I am still having problems with the witch and I'm finally addressing that (I hope it holds). We worked out the 'problem spirit' situation too and I hope that holds as well. I am really learning spirit keeping in a trial by fire situation let me tell you...whew!

Return to “Message Board - Wanted/Classifieds”