♪ Can anybody find mEE... some MEDITATION techniques to loooove ♫

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: less of a mess
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Arsinée
Zodiac:

Huffdamagicdragon wrote:do a search for Burt Goldman..... the American Monk and you should find an intro to meditation in 7 youtube videos. I found him to be a good teacher for techniques as well as examples... also search for "the daisy pond" meditation if you just need to relax. Also if you have apple iPhone try an app called Omvana
Thankyou very much (: The American Monk channel is like a pot of gold, I really appreciate it <3

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

I took part in Craig Hamilton's meditation seminar recently. He guided the participants through couple of very simple guided meditations and I found the meditations wonderful, I was able to get into a deep meditative state very quickly. It was super simple too, in the one I really liked he just guided us to forget everything we know, who we are and every idea we had, and just being. Such a simple thing that gave great results.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I can’t go into great depth on the practices I’m learning with this online course im currently taking, as IMO that would be taking money out of the pocket of the course creator. He deserves to earn a living, after all.

But I can say two topics that are worth looking up: Asana (poses) and Pranayama (breathwork).

Google around for those terms and hit up Youtube. There should be a plethora of info to review.

These are things I most likely wouldn’t have thought to pursue on my own. But now, I am, albeit at the baby-step level.

Even baby steps are steps. :) So if it takes time for me to ramp up to a high level, fine. I’m good with that. No one achieves a high level of proficiency at anything right out of the gate. If you think I’m kidding, take up a new musical instrument or start learning a new language. :) At first, errors abound, but they’re a part of the learning process.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Aurum wrote:I took part in Craig Hamilton's meditation seminar recently. He guided the participants through couple of very simple guided meditations and I found the meditations wonderful, I was able to get into a deep meditative state very quickly. It was super simple too, in the one I really liked he just guided us to forget everything we know, who we are and every idea we had, and just being. Such a simple thing that gave great results.
Wow that's crazy! I just watched a video on channeling by Teal Swan, and at the beginning of it, she was talking about method actors and how they tap into another stream of consciousness (their character) by dropping their identity. I found that to be a simple yet very powerful & helpful thing that's been guiding me since last week. I will forsure look into Craig's meditation techniques if it's similar to this, thank you so much! <3

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
Shaddowpumpkin
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: No name
If I could be anything, I would be...: No name
My magical/paranormal name...: Cerium sky dragon consoul
Zodiac:

I've been experimenting with this Technic. (When two forces push against each other something is bound to happen.) The ideal is simple. Count each time you take a breath, and if you think about anything else start over. This is to say, the goal isn't to banish stray thoughts, but to be aware of them and not letting them control what you think. In this sense I find the mind to be like an onion. Many layers of thoughts. So if your counting is high, your not paying enough attention to what your thinking. And if your counting is low then your not trying hard enough. If done right this can create two pressures that are pushing against each other. I find that in the long run it takes a short count to begin to slip somewhere else. Where you end up may be random. And if you go too deep it may be hard to remember what happened. So I suggest writing everything down when you get out of it. Hope this makes sense, and helps.

0x. It takes a story to describe a word, and words to tell the story.
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Shaddowpumpkin wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:19 am I've been experimenting with this Technic. (When two forces push against each other something is bound to happen.) The ideal is simple. Count each time you take a breath, and if you think about anything else start over. This is to say, the goal isn't to banish stray thoughts, but to be aware of them and not letting them control what you think. In this sense I find the mind to be like an onion. Many layers of thoughts. So if your counting is high, your not paying enough attention to what your thinking. And if your counting is low then your not trying hard enough. If done right this can create two pressures that are pushing against each other. I find that in the long run it takes a short count to begin to slip somewhere else. Where you end up may be random. And if you go too deep it may be hard to remember what happened. So I suggest writing everything down when you get out of it. Hope this makes sense, and helps.
I'm trying this exercise, and I'm having some difficulty slipping out elsewhere as you write. How long do you usually count for? I can count to 5 max before I can't inhale anymore. What kinds of things have you experienced?

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Shaddowpumpkin
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: No name
If I could be anything, I would be...: No name
My magical/paranormal name...: Cerium sky dragon consoul
Zodiac:

chemtrailchild wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:09 pm
I'm trying this exercise, and I'm having some difficulty slipping out elsewhere as you write. How long do you usually count for? I can count to 5 max before I can't inhale anymore. What kinds of things have you experienced?
You can breathe normally. As for the time limit, it's between how able I'm mentally able to do it and when my body starts to fall asleep. In a way your mind never goes to sleep. Your body dose, and when your body dose it goes through sleep paralysis. There have been many experiences, one such place I went was like a black void. There was a massive wall made of sink counter in front of me. No ends in sight. In front of me and the only other thing there was a faucet sticking out.

iF you still having trouble you could use a trick. A person is said to sleep an average of 8 hours, so wake your self up about halfway through, and stay awake long enough that your mind is fully in gear, not foggy. Then try this laying down. Let you body fall asleep. This is used as a form of trying to lucid dream. But it can help other exercises. Your body will be more likely to fall asleep at this time, you just got to be conscious long enough.

0x. It takes a story to describe a word, and words to tell the story.
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Shaddowpumpkin wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:13 pm
chemtrailchild wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:09 pm
You can breathe normally. As for the time limit, it's between how able I'm mentally able to do it and when my body starts to fall asleep. In a way your mind never goes to sleep. Your body dose, and when your body dose it goes through sleep paralysis. There have been many experiences, one such place I went was like a black void. There was a massive wall made of sink counter in front of me. No ends in sight. In front of me and the only other thing there was a faucet sticking out.

iF you still having trouble you could use a trick. A person is said to sleep an average of 8 hours, so wake your self up about halfway through, and stay awake long enough that your mind is fully in gear, not foggy. Then try this laying down. Let you body fall asleep. This is used as a form of trying to lucid dream. But it can help other exercises. Your body will be more likely to fall asleep at this time, you just got to be conscious long enough.
aah thank you so much!! I'll try it

Some Spirits in My Keep:

Return to “Meditation”