Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Thisica wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:10 am Just out of recent interest, a blog post explains the origins of the use of the phrases "please" and "thank you"...
https://www.brainpickings.org/2013/07/2 ... thank-you/

...which may go to explain why such beings don't like such phases. In short: these phrases assume a relationship to be akin to a credit-debt transaction, which throws a spanner in the works if one wants to be on good terms with them.

On a different note: I do wonder how literal-minded these faeries are...It sounds to me they wouldn't be able to handle irony or sarcasm very well...
That is FASCINATING! Thank you for sharing!

Thisica
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process

As we've been on a language and etiquette roll, I do wonder, as I've noted: How literal-minded are faeries? After all, from a variety of sources, they're not as good at parsing colloquialisms, irony or sarcasm from humans. I consider this important as I'm considering connecting with a butterfly faery at some point (once I get my protection measures down well, which will take at least the rest of the year, though obviously it's an ongoing effort) and do want to have a good 'first impression', as it were.

Now, my own suspicion is that the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose. I have read and heard many attempts at a systematic account of it, from materialism and theosophy to the Christian system or that of Kant, and I have always felt that they were much too simple.-- J. B. S. Haldane

Let's enjoy our experiences (within reasonable safety), regardless of belief. <3
laalbieglna
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 425
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: My Own Companions
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
Zodiac:

Thisica wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:10 am I do wonder how literal-minded these faeries are...It sounds to me they wouldn't be able to handle irony or sarcasm very well...
One-hundred percent literal in interpretation. Every Fairy Tale I have ever heard that ends poorly for a human character is based on the Fae's literal interpretation of something a human being said carelessly or figuratively.

They are fully capable of machinating in a way that is very sarcastic or ironic toward us, but they are definitely under no social obligation or contract to extend grace when we were being sarcastic.

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

On that same note though, butterfly fae tend to not be as powerful to enact something as a more powerful member of their ilk. They also tend to be counted among the seelie fae.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Flux
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

I am grateful for this thread! 0:)

Several people have made the distinction between living Sidhe and spirits.

What's the difference?

laalbieglna
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 425
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: My Own Companions
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
Zodiac:

Spirits no longer have a physical body. They reside in various realms of the dead and can travel to you and be present in **spirit form**, but they no longer have the same ability to affect physical reality the way you, with a living body can. They also have a broader, hindsight-based perspective and no longer have quite the same motivation to mess up your day that they might if they were still alive.

Living Sidhe are alive and still have physical bodies in the realm of Faery.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

laalbieglna wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:29 pm Spirits no longer have a physical body. They reside in various realms of the dead and can travel to you and be present in **spirit form**, but they no longer have the same ability to affect physical reality the way you, with a living body can. They also have a broader, hindsight-based perspective and no longer have quite the same motivation to mess up your day that they might if they were still alive.

This.

Flux
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

laalbieglna wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:29 pm Spirits no longer have a physical body. They reside in various realms of the dead and can travel to you and be present in **spirit form**, but they no longer have the same ability to affect physical reality the way you, with a living body can. They also have a broader, hindsight-based perspective and no longer have quite the same motivation to mess up your day that they might if they were still alive.

Thank you, that's very helpful!

So living Fae don't have a physical manifestation in our realm but they do in their own realm?

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe

Fae is a BROAD catch all term, if we’re talking about sidhe specifically; yes living sidhe can physically appear here, in our realm...do they do so often? No. Why? Most of them do not particularly like humans in general...they may like specific people but not humanity as a whole, plus there are a bunch of other reasons, one of which is they made their own realm so as to get AWAY from humans. Would you know if you were in the presence of one? Depends on various factors...but usually if they do not want you to know you won’t. Living sidhe are capable of immense and terrifying things, power that can wreak human lives or end them with ease. If one is interacting with a living sidhe, whether here or spiritually in their realm or the astral, in fact if you are interacting with a living sidhe at all...be kind, be careful, tread lightly because wronging one of them is....terrifying beyond words. The sidhe can be INCREDIBLY kind but just as they are capable of great kindness they are also capable of causing great terror...

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe

The odds of interacting with a living member of the sidhe, physically here...are VERY low for most people. Even if you do run into one of them, most of the time you won’t know it. There is a reason I try to be kind to everyone I meet...

Return to “Faery”