Protection and spiritual growth

boki000
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male

Protection and spiritual growth
hey , i'm new to spirit keeping but I've been doing spiritual practices for a while now , throw this way all my problem let to open up more and go beyond the religious dogma.
and i've been wondering a lot of about Protection and spiritual growth why do you need Protection ? the duality of things determinant we cannot grow without falling down and I've being lazy doing Protection work like shielding , warding , cleansing but i keep doing my other practices , mediation , yoga , energy work ,, etc
some people say it enough Protection , i can only say that's i don't easily get effected with anything around me (compare before doing theses practices )
and i feel like if I kept myself protected or using spell to have good luck and other stuff like that it will slow my growth and that all i care about right now !

Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

It is one thing to learn from falling, and another thing to be too lazy to do anything about those who cause the fall.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Protection would not be something that slows your spiritual growth. It would aid it.

Look back at the history of all longstanding spiritual traditions and you will see a time when each understood the value of protection and when it had its place in the theory and practice of that traditions.

And there are many levels of and aspects of protection. It's not one thing. And there are many things to protect from, not just one kind of thing.

I practice tai chi - at first glance you wouldn't think it has anything to do with protection but the foremost master of Chen Tai Chi in the world has said that he believes doing tai chi brings a kind of protective energy and helps keep people safe. A foremost student of the founder of Aikido believed that his practice kept him and his platoon safe from injury during the second world war. Spiritual practice does bring some kinds of protection - even if you didn't realise it. Many meditators believe this, to my knowledge. Even in acupuncture there are points said to bring relief from possession or 'demonic' influences.

What people here in this forum say is you can never have too much protection.

As modern spirit keepers we can add more levels of protection to what we gain from our spiritual practice. And I think we are privileged to be able to access more information about that than probably anyone in any other time in history.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Red6joker
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: GA,DA, some WA
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal/incubus
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Neso

I agree with Lewk for the most part.

boki000
new here
new here

Sooty wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:42 am It is one thing to learn from falling, and another thing to be too lazy to do anything about those who cause the fall.
I don't think I explained what i mean in a good way * English not my first language , i meant I purposely do not use any method of Protection
because of something bad happen to me i want to take it as lesson to grow
Protection would not be something that slows your spiritual growth. It would aid it.
I don't really get this point , is not denying one aspect of life lets say for example evil spirit avoiding or disliking it
just keep you stuck in the duality of being between good and bad !
yeah i read about you and practicing chi and got some kind of samadhi i kind agree with you it keep you safe but why ?
one of the guru i went to , after I got my kriya he said you just need to do it and any bad energy or kind of magic will find it place .

but i still do not get it unless it mean protecting your body and mind I agree with that it help you to keep "good life" going
but when you want to go beyond that ? shouldn't someone accept everything that come to him without liking it or disliking
and just experience life as its

I'm just questioning and trying to find answers , i'm not trying to disrespect anyone

thank you

Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I don't think I explained what i mean in a good way * English not my first language , i meant I purposely do not use any method of Protection
because of something bad happen to me i want to take it as lesson to grow

By this logic, do you accept whatever consequence that would ensue because you purposely dodge whatever is necessary to keep you safe? If let's say, some bad spirit decides to attack you, what lesson do you expect to learn from such an attack? What if you bite off more than you can chew? Perhaps that would be a hard lesson about the importance of self care.

This topic reminds me of all those epic battles about to vaccine or not to vaccine, but I digress... Do you value your personal safety more, or do you generously open your arms to all preventable dangers just because you want to experience life as it is, no matter how raw, that remains the question. Making a choice for something means you readily sacrifice the other. What do you value more, boki?

I believe that everyone is entitled to their own paths, because everyone has their own lessons to learn in "earth school". I myself am too cowardly to stand under a tree in a thunderstorm though.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

boki000 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:54 am
I don't really get this point , is not denying one aspect of life lets say for example evil spirit avoiding or disliking it
just keep you stuck in the duality of being between good and bad !
In line with what Sooty said, one problem is, when you encounter that 'evil' spirit, are you going to survive?
Let's say you survive. Are you going to be strong enough to keep moving forward toward your goal, or are you going to get incapacitated and traumatized?
Another problem is, how about the people surrounding you? Will your family, friends, etc survive?

There's this quote by Stuart Aken: 'Evil people rely on the acquiescence of naive good people to allow them to continue with their evil.' This can be applied to 'evil spirits' as well.

And it's not only 'evil' that you need protection against.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

It is interesting to see your thoughts.

Apparently we *will* all learn our life lessons and everything that destiny has in store for us - even if we have lots of protection in place.

Your guru's spiritual advice is good, I think.

But there are tales of famous spiritual figures from the past that were able to overcome evil spirits because they were spiritually very advanced. Have you ever wondered what it was about their spiritual aura or their energy that made them safe? I think in the past some people figured out how spiritual protection works. That is why we have these methods available for us to learn and use today.

One thing that good meditation may do for someone is to make their aura healthier. Having a healthy aura helps keep off bad energies. So if you meet someone whose aura is in bad shape, isn't it a good thing for them to be able to learn how to repair their aura and make it good again? For me that is one form of protection. And for me all methods of protection reveal understanding of the natural laws of the cosmos, how they work and how to avoid harm or evil. It is being compassionate towards yourself and anyone else who can benefit from those methods.

In traditional Tibetan Buddhism there is a stage during which an advanced practitioner encounters evil spirits and conquers them, using methods developed over thousands of years. Overcoming that is a stage in their journey to enlightenment. But if someone encounters such beings or forces without any training or preparation (without any protection), how is that a good thing? And if the Universe makes good protection available to us but we reject it, is that wise?

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
boki000
new here
new here

In line with what Sooty said, one problem is, when you encounter that 'evil' spirit, are you going to survive?
Let's say you survive. Are you going to be strong enough to keep moving forward toward your goal, or are you going to get incapacitated and traumatized?
like i said I'm talking beyond life and death it self beyond mind and body as watcher of happening
also i agree with Sooty its about what you value the most

Apparently we *will* all learn our life lessons and everything that destiny has in store for us - even if we have lots of protection in place.
cannot disagree with that

One thing that good meditation may do for someone is to make their aura healthier. Having a healthy aura helps keep off bad energies. So if you meet someone whose aura is in bad shape, isn't it a good thing for them to be able to learn how to repair their aura and make it good again? For me that is one form of protection. And for me all methods of protection reveal understanding of the natural laws of the cosmos, how they work and how to avoid harm or evil. It is being compassionate towards yourself and anyone else who can benefit from those methods.

yeah i think the eastern method as good as the western way but with different approach like some Sadhana or mantra still do good job of protection and raising your energy to good level it dose not have to be Protection method
but in same time every problem has more fit solution

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

boki000 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:39 am like i said I'm talking beyond life and death it self beyond mind and body as watcher of happening
Sure, but since you are practicing spiritual exercise while still being alive, then you still need to protect your life.
Aiming for the state beyond life and death doesn't mean you throw away your life to reach it. Until you reach the state beyond life and death where you don't need food, drink, and air, you still need to eat, drink, and breathe.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."

Return to “Protection”