Is it the culture or is it just my Angel?

TrueGalacticPrince
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune & Courtwind
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Morrwin
Zodiac:

I wonder about the different characteristics of Angels and how different or similar they are. If some do the same thing cuz it's a part of their culture or if it's just something that the individual does. :@

One of the big things I've noticed when talking to my Courtwind Angel F is that he never uses conjunctions. He will not say doesn't, can't, won't, it's, you're, etc. He'll say can not, will not, it is, does not, you get the idea. He also doesn't shorten his words like the others. When talking to some of my other companions through the pendulum board instead of spelling out the word "you" they'll just point to the letter "U" and continue on from there. F will not do this, he spells out every little word he wish's to say. Most of the time I hear him telepathically when using the board so he doesn't always have to spell out the rest of the sentence but this is something he does every time. I was wondering if other Courtwind Angels do this too or is it just mine? Does their culture just not do conjunctions? I will say that it does make him sound more eloquent and it helps me identify who I'm talking with much faster. He is the only one who speaks like this in my Keep.

1=Nixie (Nix) 1=Masheba (Z) 1=Courtwind Angel (F) 1=Chinese Fox (Lady Fox) 1=Bellaydi Elf (B-Elf) 1=Hippogryph (H-Gryph) 1=Ivory Dragon (Roo or Nap Dragon) 1=Kobold (C) 1=Cwn Annew (C-Hound) 1=Ki-Lin (Z-Lin) 1=Wraith? (Casper) 1=Kitsune (T) 1=Norse Tiger (D) 1=Pet Dragon (E) 1=Midnight Moon Angel of Abundance (S) 1=Were-Dragon (K) 1=Selkie (M) 1=Alya 1=Raiju (A)
Johnny Seraph
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gregori Watcher
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

The word you want is "contractions." Conjunctions are words like And, Or, But, So, Yet...

But when it comes to formalized speech...whoa, someone's chatty. Couple of someones, actually....

Gregori Watcher N: I used to run with that crowd. :P What you have to remember about angels is, they take their duties seriously, and sometimes, that seriousness will spill over into how they communicate.

There are some situations, even among humans, where you use formalized patterns of speech. I mean, look at some of your card games: the bidding conventions in Contract Bridge, the scoring declarations in Piquet, all the various rules for what to say and how to say it at the poker table.

Some angels don't mind letting their hair down, so to speak, around humans; others will be no-nonsense, if not all business. And since Courtwinds tend to be protective, they're going to tend towards being all business.

Sterling Angel T: And I still DO run with that crowd. 0:) Most of what you hear from us, is a function of why we're in your life in the first place. When you bring us into your life, we'll know what you REALLY want from us, deep down, even if you never say as much. We'll look at your energy signature, and based on that, we'll know what you need us for. And based on that, we'll know how we'd best act around you.

Throughout your history, we've adapted our interactions with you, to best get our point across. You won't heed us if you can't hear us, and you won't hear us if you happen to fear us. So our challenge, is to get the point across, without scaring you into shutting down all contact with Spirit. So, we do have to know what time it is, that we may adapt our appearances and mannerisms to make our nature, and our duties, known to you.

So, for protective angels, such as Courtwinds, it's not surprising if one of them wants to sound more formal, particularly if they have a formal function in your life (such as protecting you). If their duty is serious, chances are that they'll have the demeanor to match. Not always, but it's certainly not uncommon.

Speaking only for myself at this point, Johnny here needed a bit more Light in his life, which I'm happy to provide; but when it comes to serious questions about angels and what we do, I'm going to give serious answers. That doesn't mean that I can't crack jokes around him, when he needs to point the corners of his mouth in a more heavenly direction. ;)

I'm not going to add any further comments here.--JS

TrueGalacticPrince
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thank you so much for your answers! Also yes I meant contractions but for some reason I had the one line from the song Conjunction Junction in my head. "Conjunction Junction what's your function." That was all I remember of the song and it kept repeating in my head as I wrote this. x*D

Thank you for correcting me.

Yeah, he is pretty serious like 97% of the time. Lady Fox awhile back has said that he can be over bearing at times which I can see based on his energy. He is constantly present 24/7. He has his fun moments though where you can see him cracking out of his professional shell. I mean the other day he made a small joke. I asked him if there was anything he could tell me and he said, "The weather seems nice." Now to me that almost seemed sassy but not quite. It was his way of getting off the subject we were talking about.

He has a softer side too that I've seen through him complementing me randomly in conversations. Like yesterday I asked him if there was anything I needed to know on the protection front and he told me that everything is peaceful no need to worry. I asked him if he liked it when it was peaceful and his answer gave me concern. He told me that he likes it at times but feels a lack of purpose when there's nothing to protect me from. I wanted to know if there was anything I could do to ease this lack of purpose cuz to me when I feel that way I get slightly depressed and I don't want him to feel depressed.
That's when he told me that I am the most thoughtful person he's ever meat.
I then said, "Well you've been hanging around the wrong people if I'm the most thoughtful person you've ever met." :*

I mean honestly I don't remember peoples birthdays, I don't do anything for Fathers Day or Mothers Day, I don't even get gifts for people during Christmas. Now there is a reason for this, I think if you are to get someone a gift it should be because you want to not because it's expected of you. When you feel the need to get someone a gift it should have thought and purpose in it and I feel that may be a stupid reason for why I don't remember peoples birthdays but there it is.

F has also told me that my thoughtfulness is balanced by sensibility which is why I don't fly off the handle when it comes to doing something nice for someone.

I would love to give him a task so he has a purpose when it's peaceful but I'm so bad at giving tasks. Whenever I try to think of one I draw a blank, I'm awful at asking for help. Especially when I think I can resolve something on my own. I asked F if he had any idea and he couldn't really think of any ether.

I could always make trouble so he'd have something to do. LOL ://
That would probably be an awful solution though.

1=Nixie (Nix) 1=Masheba (Z) 1=Courtwind Angel (F) 1=Chinese Fox (Lady Fox) 1=Bellaydi Elf (B-Elf) 1=Hippogryph (H-Gryph) 1=Ivory Dragon (Roo or Nap Dragon) 1=Kobold (C) 1=Cwn Annew (C-Hound) 1=Ki-Lin (Z-Lin) 1=Wraith? (Casper) 1=Kitsune (T) 1=Norse Tiger (D) 1=Pet Dragon (E) 1=Midnight Moon Angel of Abundance (S) 1=Were-Dragon (K) 1=Selkie (M) 1=Alya 1=Raiju (A)
WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 38
Your favorite spirit to work with: Happiness
Zodiac:

Aww I very much enjoyed this thread! I'll be happy to get as close to my companions as you seem to be Galactic! Also I totally agree with you on how you feel about giving gifts. I feel the same :P
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I find it really helpful to get a glimpse into the daily workings of others' spirit family lives.
And maybe you can ask him for protection for simple things like when driving in your car or when going on walks, if you don't do that already. Or if you really meditate on how you can provide him more purpose perhaps you'll find something to task him to that you didn't realize was there before! Or even take up a hobby that would provide his help. Pondering on all of the possible ways an angel of his kind may be of service could really help too.

Hey if you don't mind, I was wondering if you could share some info about pendulum boards? I'm wondering how you got good with it. Did you read a book on using it or did you just practice with it and build up a knack for it? And if you don't mind sharing the way you invite each spirit to communicate with you, I'd love to be enlightened on this lol.
I'm currently using tarot cards and I just speak to them and ask them to come communicate with me through the cards, and ask questions. This works well but I love how the pendulum boards can spell things out and seems a bit more interactive!

If you keep telling an angel that she's beautiful, eventually she's going to pay you a visit to prove you right so you never stop saying it ^-^

"It's mee!" - S
TrueGalacticPrince
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

WaterSunFireRising wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:42 am Aww I very much enjoyed this thread! I'll be happy to get as close to my companions as you seem to be Galactic! Also I totally agree with you on how you feel about giving gifts. I feel the same :P
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I find it really helpful to get a glimpse into the daily workings of others' spirit family lives.
And maybe you can ask him for protection for simple things like when driving in your car or when going on walks, if you don't do that already. Or if you really meditate on how you can provide him more purpose perhaps you'll find something to task him to that you didn't realize was there before! Or even take up a hobby that would provide his help. Pondering on all of the possible ways an angel of his kind may be of service could really help too.

Hey if you don't mind, I was wondering if you could share some info about pendulum boards? I'm wondering how you got good with it. Did you read a book on using it or did you just practice with it and build up a knack for it? And if you don't mind sharing the way you invite each spirit to communicate with you, I'd love to be enlightened on this lol.
I'm currently using tarot cards and I just speak to them and ask them to come communicate with me through the cards, and ask questions. This works well but I love how the pendulum boards can spell things out and seems a bit more interactive!
Hey no prob Bob, I started with just using the pendulum for basic Yes, No, Maybe, & IDK questions. I learned how to program my pendulum from an old book that belonged to my great aunt. She was an expert at using the Ouija board, she never even needed to touch the planchette it would just move on it's own. Sadly I never got to meet her but my mom has had plenty of experiences with her. She told me all the stories and gave me her books. I never really thought about getting in to pendulum work until I went in to this cool witch shop in Salem Massachusetts. There was this small tree shaped pendulum stand at the shops counter and this one pendulum called to me. I couldn't stop touching it and finally decided to purchase it. After doing this I immediately started doing research on how to use it. That's how I got my start and then after getting used to the yes/no questions I moved on to the pendulum board. I only got the board so I could have a more clear conversation with my spirits. When I started using the board I wasn't sure if it would actually work but I was pleasantly surprised when it did. It was also a surprise on how easy it was for me to make the switch from yes/no questions to having full on conversations with my spirits. I would just advice getting use to the feeling of using a pendulum and when you feel ready you can move on to the board. Now remember the pendulum board isn't like the Ouija board but it still does require you to have some form of protection cuz you never know who you are really talking to. Just be weary of strangers. *0*

When I talk to my spirits using the board I usually call them by name and ask if they are willing to speak with me at this time. Normally they are and will swing the pendulum for yes but some of my living entities have say no cuz they have lives of their own to live which is understandable. I have a life too so no big deal. Asking if they are willing to talk is a great way to start the conversation. I will say that in the beginning your spirits might not say more than a few words or just answer with a single sentence but once they get the hang of it and also get to know you I've noticed that they open up a lot. Mine now spell out several sentences when answering a question or just having a light conversation. I've also noticed that after awhile when using the board you can almost feel the emotional entente of the message they are spelling out for you. I take this as a sign of you two growing closer and becoming more in since. As I've stated before, sometimes when I use the board to talk to F I end up getting telepathic messages at the same time so the conversation can go more quickly. Not all of my spirits have the ability to speak telepathically but when they can it can make having conversations so much easier.

I hope my experience helps in some way. Glad to see you are interested in the way of the pendulum, it really is a great way to communicate with spirits and the board just makes it easier. O^

WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

TrueGalacticPrince wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:21 am I hope my experience helps in some way. Glad to see you are interested in the way of the pendulum, it really is a great way to communicate with spirits and the board just makes it easier. O^
You know, I actually had a dissatisfactory experience with this class that required us to use a pendulum, but the "teacher" of the class, well she wasn't a good teacher at all from my experience and so ever since then I've kind of thought badly of pendulums :p My yes/no/maybe became all swapped around one day and when I asked her why all she said was, "you programmed it wrong", which I know I didn't because it was working fine up until that one day. And I know how to follow instructions haha. And then she never even answered my follow up questions. Grr lol. So I thought they were phooey, like her class :'D (I'm making jokes now), and never picked up mine again :p)

But yes! Everything you said in your response as well as what you wrote above has been really encouraging for me to pull out my pendulum again. My interest in the ~ways of the pendulum~ seems to have been redeemed with some thanks to you haha.

That's really cool about your great aunt! Why do I feel like I always hear stories about aunts who are into the paranormal but the relative speaking of them has never met them? I swear that's a thing lol. That's nice you got her books at least :p

And cool! That's exactly how I start my tarot readings as well! I'm gonna do what you say and just start off getting skilled and familiar with the pendulum alone before moving to a board.
Thanks so much for all of your insight and for answering my questions! I really appreciate it. I did find all this very helpful and I'm glad to see a post being made in the Angel forum too haha.
I'm sure at some point I'll be posting on here about using my pendulum, and then you can read and know that you have gained good karmas for aiding me in my quest lol :p)
Thanks again TrueGalactic Prince!

If you keep telling an angel that she's beautiful, eventually she's going to pay you a visit to prove you right so you never stop saying it ^-^

"It's mee!" - S
TrueGalacticPrince
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

WaterSunFireRising wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:29 am
TrueGalacticPrince wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:21 am I hope my experience helps in some way. Glad to see you are interested in the way of the pendulum, it really is a great way to communicate with spirits and the board just makes it easier. O^
Thanks again TrueGalactic Prince!
You're super welcome! I'm not sure what kind of teacher you had but I would have said that it could be several things going on with your pendulum. They're not just for communication, they also can be used for locating missing items or if you are looking for a certain mineral or water it can help with this as well. It could be your pendulum was trying to tell you something but it didn't have the means to do so. I think of pendulums not just as a tool but also as a friend. I connect and name mine and try to treat them with respect sense they work so hard for me. I mean I don't give them offering or anything but I do cleans them on a normal basses and sometimes meditating with them is a great way for them to absorb your energy so you can get closer. I like to think if a spirit isn't using it, it is more you talking to ether your higher self or your subconscious. Now when it comes to stone pendulums it might be the stone talking to you in some way. I've noticed that each stone has it's own personality and works differently for me. I work better with spiritual, earth, and water stones. I tend to have a hard time using a pendulum made out of a stone for fire and air.

Also, even though I've worked with the pendulum for awhile mine tend to get wonky too. Now this happens when I talk to my spirits. Sometimes it's them slipping in to their native tongue and trying to use the English alphabet to the best of their ability or it's my lack of focus cuz I've been doing a session for too long.

I've had my pendulum stop answering questions cuz I was near a large body of water and it wanted me to go outside sense it was such a nice day. The pendulum usually wants what's best for it's owner cuz you can't get clear answers when you're burnt out.

I'm glad you're gonna try the pendulum again. It's a great divination tool, I would suggest this time to treat your pendulum like you would a friend or your spirits companions. Maybe it has a name or if it doesn't you can give it one. I know my Malachite pendulum already had a name when I first got her. Ask your pendulum if it has a name and if it says yes than you can meditate with it and see if it will show you it's name in your minds eye. Naming your pendulum isn't required but it's a fun bonding exercise. ;)

WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Yeah.. I never understood why it happened. Looking back on it now I’d figure it just somehow got dirty/unclean, but I didn’t think that at the time and yeah it just made me not trust pendulums because of that. Thanks for your extra input on that.
That’s actually trippy how diverse pendulums are. I heard you can do cleansings on yourself with them as well!
TrueGalacticPrince wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:06 pm I think of pendulums not just as a tool but also as a friend. I connect and name mine and try to treat them with respect sense they work so hard for me.
That’s really really cool honestly!! I like that a lot. I’m gonna follow your lead on that. I actually strongly believe in animism and because of that I do tend to anthropomorphize :p whether it’s for fun or reverence. And what you say is definitely true how tools like that really do a lot of work for you and should be honored for that. I definitely feel that way about crystals. Definitely not a bad bonding technique too! Thanks for sharing that as well.
All really good tips and info here! You’re definitely quite them pendulum adept.
TrueGalacticPrince wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:06 pm I've had my pendulum stop answering questions cuz I was near a large body of water and it wanted me to go outside sense it was such a nice day. The pendulum usually wants what's best for it's owner cuz you can't get clear answers when you're burnt out.
Yes I definitely feel this! That makes a lot of sense.
TrueGalacticPrince wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:06 pm I'm glad you're gonna try the pendulum again. It's a great divination tool, I would suggest this time to treat your pendulum like you would a friend or your spirits companions. Maybe it has a name or if it doesn't you can give it one. I know my Malachite pendulum already had a name when I first got her. Ask your pendulum if it has a name and if it says yes than you can meditate with it and see if it will show you it's name in your minds eye. Naming your pendulum isn't required but it's a fun bonding exercise. ;)
This is really cool too! I’m definitely gonna try that (: A little more fun and intimacy can definitely go a long way. I feel you haha. And I just got a new pendulum yesterday actually! I’m really excited to try it out, I was giving it time to cleanse though. It’s just a simple wooden one on a small chain with a bead but I actually really really like it. I pulled it out in front of my sister right after I got it and asked “the spirits” if she was cool or not as a joke and it actually instantly started going crazy in front of her! We're always play fighting and competing for some kind of pretend status, idk lol. It was pretty funny how it did that.
Thank you again for everything! Super helpful!

"It's mee!" - S
TrueGalacticPrince
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

WaterSunFireRising wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:16 am Yeah.. I never understood why it happened. Looking back on it now I’d figure it just somehow got dirty/unclean, but I didn’t think that at the time and yeah it just made me not trust pendulums because of that. Thanks for your extra input on that.
That’s actually trippy how diverse pendulums are. I heard you can do cleansings on yourself with them as well!
TrueGalacticPrince wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:06 pm I think of pendulums not just as a tool but also as a friend. I connect and name mine and try to treat them with respect sense they work so hard for me.
That’s really really cool honestly!! I like that a lot. I’m gonna follow your lead on that. I actually strongly believe in animism and because of that I do tend to anthropomorphize :p whether it’s for fun or reverence. And what you say is definitely true how tools like that really do a lot of work for you and should be honored for that. I definitely feel that way about crystals. Definitely not a bad bonding technique too! Thanks for sharing that as well.
All really good tips and info here! You’re definitely quite them pendulum adept.
TrueGalacticPrince wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:06 pm I've had my pendulum stop answering questions cuz I was near a large body of water and it wanted me to go outside sense it was such a nice day. The pendulum usually wants what's best for it's owner cuz you can't get clear answers when you're burnt out.
Yes I definitely feel this! That makes a lot of sense.
TrueGalacticPrince wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:06 pm I'm glad you're gonna try the pendulum again. It's a great divination tool, I would suggest this time to treat your pendulum like you would a friend or your spirits companions. Maybe it has a name or if it doesn't you can give it one. I know my Malachite pendulum already had a name when I first got her. Ask your pendulum if it has a name and if it says yes than you can meditate with it and see if it will show you it's name in your minds eye. Naming your pendulum isn't required but it's a fun bonding exercise. ;)
This is really cool too! I’m definitely gonna try that (: A little more fun and intimacy can definitely go a long way. I feel you haha. And I just got a new pendulum yesterday actually! I’m really excited to try it out, I was giving it time to cleanse though. It’s just a simple wooden one on a small chain with a bead but I actually really really like it. I pulled it out in front of my sister right after I got it and asked “the spirits” if she was cool or not as a joke and it actually instantly started going crazy in front of her! We're always play fighting and competing for some kind of pretend status, idk lol. It was pretty funny how it did that.
Thank you again for everything! Super helpful!
Oh! I found an excellent book on pendulums for beginners if you're still interested. It's called Pendulum Magic For Beginners by Richard Webster. I've been reading it and he suggested some pretty cool and fun exercises in it as well as some really cool stuff you can do using your pendulum. There's this simple ritual he describes that I'm gonna try for bonding with my spirits. Let me know how it goes.

Johnny Seraph
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gregori Watcher
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Webster's good. He's certainly prolific. I can't vouch for everything he's written, but what I've read, and used, of his, has generally worked as advertised.

He did a four-book series on the major archangels, and one of the simpler rituals for Raphael involved little more than asking him for a hug.

Return to “Angels”