Can someone clarify what it means by that, "the spirit is always with you"?

WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 38
Your favorite spirit to work with: Happiness
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Hi!
So in this thread viewtopic.php?f=263&t=79296
someone (Sooty (shoutout lol)) reposts a quote from another thread where Magnolia states that if the spirit is bound directly to your spirit that "the spirit is always with you".

Can someone explain further how this works exactly?
In what way are they with you all the time? Does this just mean that you can call upon them and they are always there or does it actually mean that the spirit is hanging out with you almost all day?
I'd really appreciate some clarification on this as this has been something I've been confused about since the beginning. I can't imagine that the spirit is physically with me all day. I feel as though they have more important things to do in their realm.. So I'm just wondering how exactly are they always at your side?

I don't understand if they travel between realms or how it all works.

I have all three of my spirit friends bound to my own spirit but I still always call upon them by name and act as if they have to travel to the earth realm to come be with me. It kinda confuses me and makes me feel a little insecure about Keeping not understanding how this facet of it works.

My guess is that they are now apart of your spirit so you always have access to their wisdom through your own self, but they are entities unto themselves are they not? Is their physical entity always with you if they are bound to your spirit? How does it work?

Thank you so much everyone!

p.s. The thread where the quote from Magnolia is from: I am unable to view as I don't have membership access to that thread yet :p

If you keep telling an angel that she's beautiful, eventually she's going to pay you a visit to prove you right so you never stop saying it ^-^

"It's mee!" - S
Shaddowpumpkin
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No name
If I could be anything, I would be...: No name
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Cerium sky dragon consoul
Zodiac:

I'm not the best at explaining many things, but one of the simpler ways it was explained to me, it it's kinda like having their phone number.

0x. It takes a story to describe a word, and words to tell the story.
clazzy
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: portal Angelic
If I could be anything, I would be...: DA
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: clazzy
Zodiac:

what i know if it bound to ur spirit. then their home on our realm is in ur spirit. this "home" means portal which its connecting their realm with our realm. and they can saw everything throught this portal . its kind like a window.

thats why if u bound to stone or anything else. better u always bring it with u whenever u go for better bonding/connection between u and ur "spirit" . let them know/see everything ur activity. its make them feels like ur family faster.

sorry if my english bad. i try everything i know to explain . maybe another expert can explain this detaily

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf

I am by no means an expert and still learning. With that said, here's what I think / my answers for your questions;

"The spirit is always with you" - Can someone explain further how this works exactly?
First, I'd like to start off with what made most sense to me - bindings are a tether, an anchor so that the spirits and entities we have bound will be able to find us. In some cases, some spirits may reside inside an object, but most cases and from my experience, they use the objects or vessels they're bound to as an anchor, or phone number, a way to be able to find and contact us, and for us to contact them with.

When a spirit is bound to your spirit, your spirit is the anchoring point for that spirit to find you. And that energy being directly bound to your spirit means that no matter where you are, what you're doing, your spirit can and will be with you. You don't need to have a vessel nearby for the spirit to find you or be near. So "The spirit is always with you" is saying that your spirit that you have bound to yourself is very nearly always around.

I can't imagine that the spirit is physically with me all day. I feel as though they have more important things to do in their realm.. So I'm just wondering how exactly are they always at your side?
Spirits who are bound will have their own things to do. They won't always literally be by your side, that statement is just in general they're always with you. From what I've experienced with my Keep, though, my spirits are quite literally almost always around. I can tell when they're off doing their thing, but for the most part, they're not too far from me when I speak to them. And I've got spirits both bound to me and to vessels. They're always in support of their Keeper and they are higher beings, so they have a deeper, wider understanding of our lives then we might.

The rest I hope someone more experienced will be able to answer and help you out with better than I could. I have an understanding of what you're asking, but I don't know how to word it in a way that will communicate easily.

Hope this helps~

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

clazzy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:35 pm what i know if it bound to ur spirit. then their home on our realm is in ur spirit. this "home" means portal which its connecting their realm with our realm. and they can saw everything throught this portal . its kind like a window.

thats why if u bound to stone or anything else. better u always bring it with u whenever u go for better bonding/connection between u and ur "spirit" . let them know/see everything ur activity. its make them feels like ur family faster.

sorry if my english bad. i try everything i know to explain . maybe another expert can explain this detaily
I understood that perfectly. Thank you! That made a lot of sense and gave me a lot of clarification as I like to take my faerie's vessel and put it outside so he can enjoy the outdoors on his own. Describing the binding like a portal was very enlightening. Thanks again clazzy!

If you keep telling an angel that she's beautiful, eventually she's going to pay you a visit to prove you right so you never stop saying it ^-^

"It's mee!" - S
WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

featheredstar wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:30 am I am by no means an expert and still learning. With that said, here's what I think / my answers for your questions;

"The spirit is always with you" - Can someone explain further how this works exactly?
First, I'd like to start off with what made most sense to me - bindings are a tether, an anchor so that the spirits and entities we have bound will be able to find us. In some cases, some spirits may reside inside an object, but most cases and from my experience, they use the objects or vessels they're bound to as an anchor, or phone number, a way to be able to find and contact us, and for us to contact them with.

When a spirit is bound to your spirit, your spirit is the anchoring point for that spirit to find you. And that energy being directly bound to your spirit means that no matter where you are, what you're doing, your spirit can and will be with you. You don't need to have a vessel nearby for the spirit to find you or be near. So "The spirit is always with you" is saying that your spirit that you have bound to yourself is very nearly always around.

I can't imagine that the spirit is physically with me all day. I feel as though they have more important things to do in their realm.. So I'm just wondering how exactly are they always at your side?
Spirits who are bound will have their own things to do. They won't always literally be by your side, that statement is just in general they're always with you. From what I've experienced with my Keep, though, my spirits are quite literally almost always around. I can tell when they're off doing their thing, but for the most part, they're not too far from me when I speak to them. And I've got spirits both bound to me and to vessels. They're always in support of their Keeper and they are higher beings, so they have a deeper, wider understanding of our lives then we might.

The rest I hope someone more experienced will be able to answer and help you out with better than I could. I have an understanding of what you're asking, but I don't know how to word it in a way that will communicate easily.

Hope this helps~
Ahh thank you! Yes this helped a lot. You cleared up my confused feelings surrounding this statement, "they're always with you". I have a way better understanding now and feel more confident reading what you shared. And this helps me trust my intuition more now when it feels like they're busy or not around, and vice versa. I'm realizing a lot of this is about trusting your intuition on things. Thanks so much for sharing featheredstar.

"It's mee!" - S
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: less of a mess
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Arsinée
Zodiac:

I've always been curious about this too. Glad someone finally made a post.

On viewing them like you have their telephone number; I always imagine that there's literally a phone line/energetic cord suspending from their vessels. When I call on them, I imagine my energy being sent to their "phone line" or energetic cord, and though I can't exactly communicate with them yet, I feel it works quick and strong to bring them to me, or vice versa.

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf

WaterSunFireRising wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:20 am
Ahh thank you! Yes this helped a lot. You cleared up my confused feelings surrounding this statement, "they're always with you". I have a way better understanding now and feel more confident reading what you shared. And this helps me trust my intuition more now when it feels like they're busy or not around, and vice versa. I'm realizing a lot of this is about trusting your intuition on things. Thanks so much for sharing featheredstar.
You're more than welcome, I'm glad I can help clear things up! A lot of the time, it really is trusting your intuition and having confidence in yourself for figuring these things out. But also to be open in general; flexible in that intuition. It'll take time and patience to get more confident and skilled at figuring these things out, so remember to give yourself lots of time.
:)

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Before I discovered spirit keeping, I learned about how unbound, 'attached' spirits stay linked to us. The theory was that they literally would attach with cord-like energetic attachments of various sorts. My sense was that, just like a spider will detect something touching its web, the attached spirit would sense it any time the energy of the person they were attached to triggered their link.

From what I've read about the Creepy Hollows way of doing things, the binding is a magically created link - with the cooperation of the spirit - that does the same job. My working assumption is that the spirit can sense when anything they are interested in, or protecting, or working on for us is affected. Also they are able to come and go from the vessel, as they choose. We may even send them somewhere as a task.

So in a sense they are always with us through the created link but they are not literally always with us.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:50 am My sense was that, just like a spider will detect something touching its web, the attached spirit would sense it any time the energy of the person they were attached to triggered their link.

My working assumption is that the spirit can sense when anything they are interested in, or protecting, or working on for us is affected.

So in a sense they are always with us through the created link but they are not literally always with us.
Ahhhhh what a wonderful description!
Sometimes I like play yell their names to summon them to affect some kind of vibration, and because I'm dramatic.
Thanks Lewk! Super helpful

"It's mee!" - S

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”