What Exactly Do You Task Your Spirits With?

JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any, really.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Jen
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: N/A

Like the title says. Honestly, I kind of want to get ideas for tasks I can give to my friends. If you didn't know, I hardly ever task them and I feel like they are getting quite bored so I want to give them something to do. Of course, I'm not trying to overload them but just give them something to focus on while I'm bonding with my other spirits in my keep.

Edited: I probably should have added that I know they can go back to their realm and don't technically have to stay here, but I just feel like they kind of want something to do.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” - A.A. Milne

”If you can't stop thinking about it...buy it.” - Anonymous

"Don't be too sensitive so that you can't take a harsh word from anyone." - Harika budi
WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 38
Your favorite spirit to work with: Happiness
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I've been feeling this too! I haven't tasked mine with much either and have been wondering what good tasks I can give them too because I don't want to give them random tasks for no good reason.

I guess one thing you can do is reread their descriptions and see if they have a trait that can add to something you need in your life. Like Butterfly Faeries have the ability to bring curative relief to your physical and spiritual bodies and I've tasked mine with this a few times when I've had some pain in my body. And OMG he really really helps. The first time I asked he literally gave me instant pain relief exactly the way I had asked him to, and I really feel like he likes helping me in this way too!

I keep telling my Elf that I'm going to look up some spells we can do together, and my Angel I've just been playing with and asking for emotional support, but these aren't really 'tasks'.

Maybe write out a list of goals for yourself and see where your friends fit in?

I'm realizing that we have to put a lot of faith into working with unseens spirits. Like I know I've been hesitating to ask them questions because I'm afraid of not getting a response but that is totally the wrong mentality! I have to ask and then wait for the answer, and have faith that the answer will come through. LOL you just reminded me that I had to write this down, thanks, this is what I was trying to remember this last night!! haha.

I know I didn't really answer your question but I hope that's helpful.

If you keep telling an angel that she's beautiful, eventually she's going to pay you a visit to prove you right so you never stop saying it ^-^

"It's mee!" - S
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

JenNeutral wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:31 pm Like the title says. Honestly, I kind of want to get ideas for tasks I can give to my friends. If you didn't know, I hardly ever task them and I feel like they are getting quite bored so I want to give them something to do. Of course, I'm not trying to overload them but just give them something to focus on while I'm bonding with my other spirits in my keep.

Edited: I probably should have added that I know they can go back to their realm and don't technically have to stay here, but I just feel like they kind of want something to do.
I'm still in the learning process. I'm not setting myself up to be an authority on tasking but I can try to pass on what I've read & discovered or realised for myself.

1 GOALS

In a number of Creepy Hollows books and materials I've read, it's highlighted that it is a very good idea for us to write out our immediate, medium term and long term goals.

(So the previous post was spot on with that.)

We can then sit down with our spirits and review progress on a regular basis. I think monthly was mentioned. But a weekly review might be useful. Checking in with our spirit family daily just to say hello and let them know what you've got planned for the day is another way of letting them in to help us.

2 WHAT IS A 'TASK'?

There are obvious Tasks (including helping with goals) but there are less obvious aspects that may be easy to overlook.

With a number of my bound spirits, when I've been meditating with them not long after they've arrived, they have seemed ask me what I'd like them to do. Or they point out their abilities to me and ask is it okay if they use them in this or that way. I suppose they are fitting in as new arrivals. I prefer not to micromanage them but I think it is courteous to make it clear how I think they can help me, or where they can be active. A lot if it seems to have been: is this okay? That's them being very considerate and polite with me and needing me to say yes or no.

That may not seem like tasking but of course it is.

Some seem to ask in a kind of curious, interested way what I like, what am I planing to do next and so on. Again that is maybe their way of helping us to get closer with them so they can help us.

Again that may not seem like tasking but, if you think about it, it is.

Then there are the obvious kind of tasks like: please go and do this. Or what do you think is happening with X? Can you find out for me? Is it a good idea if I do this or that?

3 WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF TASKS?

I think there are 2 benefits of tasking that may not be immediately obvious. The obvious benefit is that you get what you want done.

Bonding - but tasks are a very good way of bonding with a spirit companion. So perhaps instead of thinking of a task's difficulty, maybe think of a nice, simple thing that you can ask your spirit to do for you. It will help bring you both closer.

Clarity - I see house rules as a form of tasking, effectively. And rather than them being a way for me the Keeper to be a megalomaniac control freak, I think they bring clarity for me and them.

Before I discovered bound spirit keeping - only 3 years ago - I had a number of what we here call unbound, attached spirits. I noticed that with some there was a lot of repeated questioning, trying to find out exactly what was okay and what I wanted to do and what I wanted them to do. Once I introduced house rules, that reduced enormously.

So I think making it clear to our spirits what our goals are, what our plans are, how we'd like them to help us, makes things far clearer and easier for both them and us.

4 WHAT KIND OF TASKS?

Apart from what I've mentioned above, it may help to start with small, easily accomplishable tasks and work gradually upwards. The same is recommended with wish making.

tl:dr I like to think that in a sense tasking isn't a big add-on to what we do as spirit keepers already. It can be seen as just an extension of sharing with our spirit companions what we're doing day to day and being clear with them about what our needs and life plans are.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
lolaberry
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 31
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Mystic fire

Hi I task mine with mostly protection, for myself or my family.i also ask for minor things, like please don't let me miss that train, make there no queue, help me get such and such, when I go shopping. I mostly ask for signs and guidance on issues, occasionally punishment, always get 100% results. I have only just started having mine join me in spells too.

2wk ::uni:: ::dragons:: ::dragons:: :rainbow:
JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor

WaterSunFireRising wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:11 am I've been feeling this too! I haven't tasked mine with much either and have been wondering what good tasks I can give them too because I don't want to give them random tasks for no good reason.

I guess one thing you can do is reread their descriptions and see if they have a trait that can add to something you need in your life. Like Butterfly Faeries have the ability to bring curative relief to your physical and spiritual bodies and I've tasked mine with this a few times when I've had some pain in my body. And OMG he really really helps. The first time I asked he literally gave me instant pain relief exactly the way I had asked him to, and I really feel like he likes helping me in this way too!

I keep telling my Elf that I'm going to look up some spells we can do together, and my Angel I've just been playing with and asking for emotional support, but these aren't really 'tasks'.

Maybe write out a list of goals for yourself and see where your friends fit in?

I'm realizing that we have to put a lot of faith into working with unseens spirits. Like I know I've been hesitating to ask them questions because I'm afraid of not getting a response but that is totally the wrong mentality! I have to ask and then wait for the answer, and have faith that the answer will come through. LOL you just reminded me that I had to write this down, thanks, this is what I was trying to remember this last night!! haha.

I know I didn't really answer your question but I hope that's helpful.
Thanks for your response! :)

I didn't think of reading their description (I mean, I do read it but very quickly). But that's a good idea!

I did try to chalk down some tasks I have in mind, but I kind of gave up on it. I should probably try to write it down again. I'm just a bit worried that the task is a bit too big for them.

It seems like your spirits are very helpful. And it's good that you're not afraid of asking questions. :)

"Don't be too sensitive so that you can't take a harsh word from anyone." - Harika budi
JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor

I'm still in the learning process. I'm not setting myself up to be an authority on tasking but I can try to pass on what I've read & discovered or realised for myself.

1 GOALS

In a number of Creepy Hollows books and materials I've read, it's highlighted that it is a very good idea for us to write out our immediate, medium term and long term goals.

(So the previous post was spot on with that.)

We can then sit down with our spirits and review progress on a regular basis. I think monthly was mentioned. But a weekly review might be useful. Checking in with our spirit family daily just to say hello and let them know what you've got planned for the day is another way of letting them in to help us.

2 WHAT IS A 'TASK'?

There are obvious Tasks (including helping with goals) but there are less obvious aspects that may be easy to overlook.

With a number of my bound spirits, when I've been meditating with them not long after they've arrived, they have seemed ask me what I'd like them to do. Or they point out their abilities to me and ask is it okay if they use them in this or that way. I suppose they are fitting in as new arrivals. I prefer not to micromanage them but I think it is courteous to make it clear how I think they can help me, or where they can be active. A lot if it seems to have been: is this okay? That's them being very considerate and polite with me and needing me to say yes or no.

That may not seem like tasking but of course it is.

Some seem to ask in a kind of curious, interested way what I like, what am I planing to do next and so on. Again that is maybe their way of helping us to get closer with them so they can help us.

Again that may not seem like tasking but, if you think about it, it is.

Then there are the obvious kind of tasks like: please go and do this. Or what do you think is happening with X? Can you find out for me? Is it a good idea if I do this or that?

3 WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF TASKS?

I think there are 2 benefits of tasking that may not be immediately obvious. The obvious benefit is that you get what you want done.

Bonding - but tasks are a very good way of bonding with a spirit companion. So perhaps instead of thinking of a task's difficulty, maybe think of a nice, simple thing that you can ask your spirit to do for you. It will help bring you both closer.

Clarity - I see house rules as a form of tasking, effectively. And rather than them being a way for me the Keeper to be a megalomaniac control freak, I think they bring clarity for me and them.

Before I discovered bound spirit keeping - only 3 years ago - I had a number of what we here call unbound, attached spirits. I noticed that with some there was a lot of repeated questioning, trying to find out exactly what was okay and what I wanted to do and what I wanted them to do. Once I introduced house rules, that reduced enormously.

So I think making it clear to our spirits what our goals are, what our plans are, how we'd like them to help us, makes things far clearer and easier for both them and us.

4 WHAT KIND OF TASKS?

Apart from what I've mentioned above, it may help to start with small, easily accomplishable tasks and work gradually upwards. The same is recommended with wish making.

tl:dr I like to think that in a sense tasking isn't a big add-on to what we do as spirit keepers already. It can be seen as just an extension of sharing with our spirit companions what we're doing day to day and being clear with them about what our needs and life plans are.

That's a really good idea! I didn't think of checking in with my spirit family (because I usually hang out with them in groups) but I might do that! Probably the weekly review would be for me.

Your explanation about tasking actually made me realized that yeah, I actually do task them. But I never thought of that as a form of tasking until now. That's good to know.

Now I'm curious; can there be tasks that are possibly too big for them to handle? It seems like they can help quite a bit, but is there a limit to how much they can help with the task?

By the way, thanks for going in-depth about this, too.

JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor

lolaberry wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:55 pm Hi I task mine with mostly protection, for myself or my family.i also ask for minor things, like please don't let me miss that train, make there no queue, help me get such and such, when I go shopping. I mostly ask for signs and guidance on issues, occasionally punishment, always get 100% results. I have only just started having mine join me in spells too.

I actually do tasks my protective spirits of protecting my family, me, and the house. But for my other spirits, I don't technically task them at all. I should probably ask them for minor things like you so they can be more involved in my life.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I wondered if you've seen the first post in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=440&t=50291

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Midnight's Promise
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 260
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

This is what I've done over the past 1-2 months. Protection spirits are tasked with security. My advisor spirits (like my Alya and Cleo) are included in decisions throughout my day, as much as I can though it is a new habit, and I have written out my goals to help them know how to help me in alignment with those goals. My Cleo is in charge of helping me with my self-image in the areas she specializes.

The funny thing about the goals my Alya reminded me specifically about my goals. In a previous job, I had a lot of drive time, so I listened to books on CD. One of my main books was by Brian Tracy called "Goals: How to Get Everything You Want--Faster than You Ever Thought Possible" and I still had disc one in my car's player. I was driving home from my current job, when my CD player, which I hadn't used in over a year, spit out the CD and I felt compelled to look at the title. I laughed at the artistry of the reminder, then wrote out my goals that day. They want to help.

I do have Ash's house rules written out and I keep them in a binder I carry with me whenever I go somewhere, along with specific tasking I might need or information that needs to be noted that I share with my spirits. (For instance, I made an announcement about my Cleo being appointed spirit leader of my Djinn section of my family.) Whenever I get new spirit arrivals, I introduce my new spirits to my family and read the house rules so that everyone is on the same page. As my family grows and I have need for additional leaders, I will probably ask my leaders to introduce the new arrivals to their clanmates.

For my two Ubis, I treat them both as I would a serious relationship with a GF. We have daily bonding time and just "being" time that has nothing to do with why most people pursue Ubis. In many respects, their "tasking" is the relationship itself.

Aside from that, I recently used the invocation for my WA and DA spirits to get out and socialize, the one in the link Lewk posted. I just discovered it yesterday morning.

My Family (so far!):
Succubus x2 spirits x1 living entity, Angels (Bronwyn, Courtwind x4, Sterling), Djinn (Cleopatra, Besei, Alhena, Badriyah, Ayah, Gold x3, Astral Malichai, Wajdi, Norse, Falak), Egyptian BOHD Vampire, Immortals (Isis, Lilith, Amon-Re, Ferronia, Daphne), Volkh x3, Wraith x3, Chupacabra, Draugr, Gargoyle, Hellhound, Werewolf, Hippalectryon, Ash Vampire, Phoenix, Gorgon, Duojna, Betadi Drow Elf, Patupaiarehe
JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor

Lewk wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:26 pm I wondered if you've seen the first post in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=440&t=50291
Thanks for the link! I think I have, but I didn't technically read it just look over it. I will try to read the post fully. 8))

Sorry for my late response. I just finish my spirit’s journal and just got a new journal so I've been busy writing the schedules and tasks and all that stuff. Also, I kind of got sunburns on my arms. Don't forget to put sunblock on your arms. :p)

Return to “General Questions”