I like Greek Gods, could they get me something?

LeilaNambinga
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Marid Djinns
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mystic
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Leila Nambinga
Zodiac:

Depends which Gods dude how would you feel if you were cyber bullied that there is someone killing you again and again are you saying the Gods should regenerate so that Kratos can kill them. I mean He doesn't even have a weakness that people can say "oh here the deities can come back"

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

LeilaNambinga wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:54 pm Depends which Gods dude how would you feel if you were cyber bullied that there is someone killing you again and again are you saying the Gods should regenerate so that Kratos can kill them. I mean He doesn't even have a weakness that people can say "oh here the deities can come back"
a) They don't have to look at it
b) They don't really get killed. Pixels die, not gods. They don't have to regenerate or anything.
c) He has a weakness. His family. That's why he does all that. Because the gods made him kill his family.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

LeilaNambinga wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:54 pm Depends which Gods dude how would you feel if you were cyber bullied that there is someone killing you again and again are you saying the Gods should regenerate so that Kratos can kill them. I mean He doesn't even have a weakness that people can say "oh here the deities can come back"
Why there are always dragonslayers in video games, anime, tv shows or movies? I mean dragons can take very bad that they are depicted as monsters I feel sad for them ;( . Vampire as well, slayed all over in video games ;(. What is shown is not the truth (or entirely).

Myths evolves, changes and are shown a certain way in art which is something completely subjective and personal from the artist (or here videogame producer). If you really want to change the view of the gods and godesses, create a comic, produce a small movie, a music something that "will put things right".

For me you clearly do not understand Gods and Godesses if you really think they are sad or angry about their images into one video game.

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

I get sad about the rabbits who were cyberbullied in Watership Down.

At some point you're going to start offending me Leila because underneath it all, you're essentially talking about repression of creative freedom in the name of what you falsely believe your gods want. Not too unlike burning Harry Potter books in the name of 'Christ' when we get down to the nitty gritty of it.

I make content all of the time that would cause discomfort in people for whatever reason, probably none as crazy as the case you're trying to make, but imagine if my work was destroyed because it hurt some peoples' feelings based on my unique depictions?

You want to destroy an artist's creative freedom of expression based on delusion or misunderstanding.
Even if you're actually serious, I can tell you wield absolutely no power over that, and luckily so. It may not be art I care for, but without protecting that right to create then we face any/all acts of creation being heavily subdued. Think of anything you actually like to play or watch or read and imagine it going away because somebody like you complained it was offending -insert someone or something here-.

Focus your upset on real problems in the world if you really want to tackle something. I can name you a dozen to get started if you want and which the gods will be happy you touched on, vs. this which is a waste of your time in every way conceivable. If you want to do something about a 'creative' industry that is a front for many sources which are actively exploiting trafficked humans I'll lead you in the right direction. I can get pretty dark with this, don't make me go there because once I get started I will not stop.
Get real, grow up (you have time), do something beneficial for the planet.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
LeilaNambinga
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Marid Djinns
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mystic
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Leila Nambinga
Zodiac:

Lets say if Vampires or Gods why did they had to use their actual names instead of some fictional one like ennnnnnn or something?

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

LeilaNambinga wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:49 pm Lets say if Vampires or Gods why did they had to use their actual names instead of some fictional one like ennnnnnn or something?
Because they wanted to tell a story set in ancient greece.
If you named the gods ennnnnnnnn, ooooooffff, moooooddddd and lööööllll, it would have been in ancient Xypfht and the story wouldn't have made as much sense.

Basically they took the story of Herakles, who Hera made go insane and kill his own wife and kids, and then retold it as a violent tale where the wronged mortal gets his revenge the gods. "What if it had happened to a soldier that goes berserk?"

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:15 pm
LeilaNambinga wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:49 pm Lets say if Vampires or Gods why did they had to use their actual names instead of some fictional one like ennnnnnn or something?
Another way to look at it, which may help you LeilaNambinga, is to see every fictional world as a parallel universe, in which there is an alternate history. So it is someone's imaginary world, not the real world. It has a sense of 'truth' only as a work of art / creative writing.

I suspect the creator of that story does not believe the Gods and Goddesses are real and so is not intending to misrepresent them - only to tell a story that keeps people entertained. And the myths about them have changed bit by bit, as they were retold and reinvented, even in ancient times.

On a very serious note, the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 18, protects the right of anyone to hold whatever belief they choose. And the rules of this Forum subscribe to the same attitude of tolerance and respect for diversity of belief.

So - even *if* the person who wrote that game storyline literally believed those things about those deities, their right to hold that belief would be protected by the UN Declaration of Human Rights. And they would be able to join this forum. We might not agree with them.

Finally, it is often said here that spirits can take care of themselves. When it comes to deities I think we can safely assume they also have no problem looking after themselves, no matter what people believe about them.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

Why can't they? It is the creators choices they want to interpret or create their own vision of a myth.
If tomorrow you write a book with the gods you like why don't you change the names? Because what you will write will not please me it is not how I see the gods myself and I will want you to choose other names.

You know nothin' LeilaNambinga what you ask is rejecting others creative depiction because you are not pleased with it. Fu**! I hope you understand because you piss me off right now.

Return to “Immortals”