Volkh VS Fylgia

seralee
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7

I'm interested in learning more about volkh and fylgia for protection. Can you share your experience with them?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

seralee wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:35 am I'm interested in learning more about volkh and fylgia for protection. Can you share your experience with them?
In my experience Volkhs seem to be like hulking bodyguards and can protect physically as well as on the unseen levels. Other than that, I think the CH descriptions are a good guide.

It's okay to have both Volkhs and Fylgias. That way you get an extra layer of protection. They aren't 'social' so it's easy to have more than one of each, as they don't require lots of looking after.

Both types naturally follow their keeper around but they can also be tasked with protecting something of yours away from you.

I wouldn't be without mine. I got some as freebies and also bought a couple. I'd recommend them both to anyone and everyone.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
laptop123
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 7
If I could be anything, I would be...: Nympho
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Shovel Face :p

Do any of you do any bonding practices with your Volkh?

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

laptop123 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:52 pm Do any of you do any bonding practices with your Volkh?
Yep.
But not in the form communication. More like staying together in meditation or direct tasking practice.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Whitestar
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Too many to list!
If I could be anything, I would be...: My Serpent Familar
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Alba Stella
Zodiac:

seralee wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:35 am I'm interested in learning more about volkh and fylgia for protection. Can you share your experience with them?
I have 3 Volkh and 2 Fylgia. I recommend both. Volkh are like a Swiss Army Knife of protective boons and can protect all your bodies. Fylgias are fierce in their protective abilities as well. Fylgias like to communicate through dreams and will warn you against threats and let you know about important things coming your way. Mine communicate with me like this often. Both my Volkh and Fylgia have come through for me many times :]

Always seeking and always learning.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

laptop123 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:52 pm Do any of you do any bonding practices with your Volkh?
Spending time closely together during the first 30 days is still key. Also: ...what Darkwing Dook said.

As they are not 'social', they don't themselves need - or benefit from - us giving offerings or treats. The encyclopedia says treats are not required for Volkhs.

But we might benefit from using their associations to create a bonding exercise. This might simply be a way for us to tune into them or their energy a bit more...so we get to improve our bond with them from our side.

I haven't done that.

And probably if you got a bonding service from CH that would also help.

find it again.
Nolo614
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon Angel Uni
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Windsong

Hi all,

I just received a Volkh about 3 days ago. All of my other spirits have altars but I noted the CH description says treats are not required. I was jw if any of you had altars or experiences bonding with Volkhs? Mine asked for a personal space to rest so I will be creating one.

Cheers on the path <3

Grey witch of a wonderfully eclectic coven. Clairaudient, empath and card reader since childhood. Raised near historic Salem in one of the oldest Victorians in town, spirits have long been family. Lucky to have: A Schalan, A Butterfly Dragon, A Black Fae Unicorn, A Zimada, A Volkh, and a Soul Cleanser on my path.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I have Volkhs and Fylgias from both Mystic Morning Treasures. Both say they do not 'need' offerings and will be diligent in protecting us.

I think giving your Volkh somewhere to rest (for their vessel?) is probably a good way to honour them as part of your spirit family and may help you in forming a connection or bond with them. However - this might be quite subtle to grasp - as they are not 'social' they don't need offerings etc and it makes no difference to their enthusiasm, for want of a better word, in protecting their keeper. Respect & friendship are key components of a good keeper-spirit relationship - as much something that benefits us as keepers.

But Volkhs do not require honouring or offerings, if that makes sense. Looking at it another way, if a keeper does not try to honour them or make offerings, that's no problem.

Just to stress what I said in a post above, forming the bond is still important. That can be done by the first 30 days time spent closely together...eg 'meditation' and any time thereafter. As Darkwing Dook said, it's just not done in a social way.

find it again.
Lunar0023
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angles.Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Light Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Shyala

I have voklh that I create my own and well this one is different and I have to teach him certain things when it comes to magick. I have learn that on my own but friend of mine has one too, But he told me he was making one for friend of his. He told me when he made the volkh for his friend that his volkh didn't get along with each other and they made nasty face to each other. So yea my friend told me not have two volkh each other or they will fight.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Lunar0023 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:28 pm I have voklh that I create my own and well this one is different and I have to teach him certain things when it comes to magick. I have learn that on my own but friend of mine has one too, But he told me he was making one for friend of his. He told me when he made the volkh for his friend that his volkh didn't get along with each other and they made nasty face to each other. So yea my friend told me not have two volkh each other or they will fight.
If you "create" your own, it means it's energy construct such as servitor, thoughtform, etc. Not spirit or living entity as in CH's definition.
Thus, that "volkh" that you created is not the same as volkh spirit conjured by CH or other conjurers.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."

Return to “Creatures”