new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Oriental entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Kitsune
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Melliel

I’ve just obtained a female Jorogumo via a conjurer I trust a lot. The conjurer has also agreed to help conjure a pipe fox along with her (fun fact here. am very thankful). I have requested for them to choose their own vessels so that might take awhile before they are ready to fly over to me!

While waiting, I thought it’ll be great to learn more about Jorogumo entities, in preparation for her arrival.

Anyone here with Jorogumos? Would love to hear all about your experiences <3

あの娘は遠くの空に
消えたのさ ☽♡☾
Shadow Stitches
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kelpie

I don't have a Jorogumo in my keep, but I have considered adding one to my spirit family. I do have a lot of other spider spirits in my keep: 3 Sonji Spiders, 2 DreamCatchers, 2 Tsuchigumo, & a Spider Vamp. I hope you post about your experiences with your Jorogumo, I would love to read about them. :)

pearloftheorient
new here
new here

Shadow Stitches wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:03 am I don't have a Jorogumo in my keep, but I have considered adding one to my spirit family. I do have a lot of other spider spirits in my keep: 3 Sonji Spiders, 2 DreamCatchers, 2 Tsuchigumo, & a Spider Vamp. I hope you post about your experiences with your Jorogumo, I would love to read about them. :)
Heya, thanks for replying!! So I just received them a few days ago but thought it'll be great to share what has happened prior to them arriving!

I was chilling with my SO in his car at the basement of my condominium (concrete basement carpark) when suddenly I noticed a hand-sized spider on the outside of the car against the window. It looked like it was there for awhile but crawled away as soon as I saw it. At the very same moment, my SO said "huh? The music (in the car) stopped playing. Weird". I had a hunch it was her coming over to vet me.

When I got home, I checked my emails while taking a breather and saw a message from Lisa (MMT). She emailed me to tell me that the binding has been done successfully (transferring them into another vessel) and that she has prepared for them to be mailed out. That email was sent around the same time as when I saw the spider!! I mentioned it to Lisa and she said she has a hunch that the spirits were involved in this!

I havent left home in the few days they got here but I have been keeping them close to me / wearing them while I'm getting stuff done around the house. I've been getting mild headaches, so am assuming it has got to do with her arrival? (cause DA entity)

Will update more (thanks for wanting to hear more about this, am so happy to share it!)

あの娘は遠くの空に
消えたのさ ☽♡☾
Shadow Stitches
neophyte
neophyte

pearloftheorient wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:31 am
Shadow Stitches wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:03 am I don't have a Jorogumo in my keep, but I have considered adding one to my spirit family. I do have a lot of other spider spirits in my keep: 3 Sonji Spiders, 2 DreamCatchers, 2 Tsuchigumo, & a Spider Vamp. I hope you post about your experiences with your Jorogumo, I would love to read about them. :)
Heya, thanks for replying!! So I just received them a few days ago but thought it'll be great to share what has happened prior to them arriving!

I was chilling with my SO in his car at the basement of my condominium (concrete basement carpark) when suddenly I noticed a hand-sized spider on the outside of the car against the window. It looked like it was there for awhile but crawled away as soon as I saw it. At the very same moment, my SO said "huh? The music (in the car) stopped playing. Weird". I had a hunch it was her coming over to vet me.

When I got home, I checked my emails while taking a breather and saw a message from Lisa (MMT). She emailed me to tell me that the binding has been done successfully (transferring them into another vessel) and that she has prepared for them to be mailed out. That email was sent around the same time as when I saw the spider!! I mentioned it to Lisa and she said she has a hunch that the spirits were involved in this!

I havent left home in the few days they got here but I have been keeping them close to me / wearing them while I'm getting stuff done around the house. I've been getting mild headaches, so am assuming it has got to do with her arrival? (cause DA entity)

Will update more (thanks for wanting to hear more about this, am so happy to share it!)
That's awesome! I had a similar experience the day my first Sonji Spider spirit arrived. I had a spider randomly appear on my doorstep right after the mail lady arrived, delivering her vessel. I guess I will be adding a Jorogumo to my spirit family when I get money again. I have been thinking about doing so for a while now, so I said to myself: if I log on today and see a post about a Jorogumo, I will take it as a sign that I should get one. The first thing I saw when I logged in today was a notification that you had responded to my reply in this thread, so I guess there's my sign lol. :) I hope you continue to post about your experiences.

pearloftheorient
new here
new here

What, that’s divine (re jorogumo post coincidence)!! Actually prior to you mentioning, I’ve never heard of Sonji Spider spirits, I have so much to learn about! Aside from being completely two different entities, what are some key differences between them, may I ask? Am excited to know!

I think from the past week of receiving her, I have gotten comments from friends, who are not aware of my keeps, that I have become more sharp-tongued, but not in a bad way. They would tell me like “it’s harsh but I needed to hear it”. I’m never such a person before, as I would always comfort them and word things more gently. I believe there is some connection to the arrival of my jorogumo? Like is she rewording / speaking through me? 😂 bet she was like “oh gosh, just cut to the chase already” + eye roll hahahaha

あの娘は遠くの空に
消えたのさ ☽♡☾
Shadow Stitches
neophyte
neophyte

pearloftheorient wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:42 am What, that’s divine (re jorogumo post coincidence)!! Actually prior to you mentioning, I’ve never heard of Sonji Spider spirits, I have so much to learn about! Aside from being completely two different entities, what are some key differences between them, may I ask? Am excited to know!

I think from the past week of receiving her, I have gotten comments from friends, who are not aware of my keeps, that I have become more sharp-tongued, but not in a bad way. They would tell me like “it’s harsh but I needed to hear it”. I’m never such a person before, as I would always comfort them and word things more gently. I believe there is some connection to the arrival of my jorogumo? Like is she rewording / speaking through me? 😂 bet she was like “oh gosh, just cut to the chase already” + eye roll hahahaha
It is not uncommon for people to have their thoughts and behaviours influenced by their spirits, especially when the person is sensitive to a spirit's energy. It could also be that you are mistaking her telepathic communications for your own thoughts, which is really easy to do. I think that when most people hear the term "telepathic communication", they tend to assume it will be like a voice in your head that is distinct from your own thoughts, but in reality it is usually just a thought that pops into your head, and what tends to make it stand out is that it is something that doesn't fall in line with your usual thoughts. The first time I had an entity communicate with me telepathically, I had a word keep popping into my head and I was like "Why did I think that?", but eventually I realized it was a telepathic communication.
As for your question about Sonji Spiders, they are supposed to be the spirits of ancient mystics that have died and come back as Sonji Spiders to teach people about magic, and they weave webs that have magical properties. So while Jorogumo were shapeshifting spiders when they were alive, from what I understand, Sonji Spiders only took the form of spiders after they passed on and became spirits. Sonji Spiders are White Arts spirits, so they can not do anything that harms people, while Jorogumo would be considered Dark Arts spirits who can choose to help or harm as they see fit. Sonji Spiders are listed in the Creepy Hollows Encyclopedia, so you can read about them there if you want. :)

Shadow Stitches
neophyte
neophyte

On a random, yet related note, my profile picture here on Creepy Hollows was originally a picture of a Jorogumo, but it got deleted for some reason. I logged on one day to find my profile picture was blank.

pearloftheorient
new here
new here

Shadow Stitches wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:25 pm
pearloftheorient wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:42 am What, that’s divine (re jorogumo post coincidence)!! Actually prior to you mentioning, I’ve never heard of Sonji Spider spirits, I have so much to learn about! Aside from being completely two different entities, what are some key differences between them, may I ask? Am excited to know!

It is not uncommon for people to have their thoughts and behaviours influenced by their spirits, especially when the person is sensitive to a spirit's energy. It could also be that you are mistaking her telepathic communications for your own thoughts, which is really easy to do. I think that when most people hear the term "telepathic communication", they tend to assume it will be like a voice in your head that is distinct from your own thoughts, but in reality it is usually just a thought that pops into your head, and what tends to make it stand out is that it is something that doesn't fall in line with your usual thoughts. The first time I had an entity communicate with me telepathically, I had a word keep popping into my head and I was like "Why did I think that?", but eventually I realized it was a telepathic communication.
As for your question about Sonji Spiders, they are supposed to be the spirits of ancient mystics that have died and come back as Sonji Spiders to teach people about magic, and they weave webs that have magical properties. So while Jorogumo were shapeshifting spiders when they were alive, from what I understand, Sonji Spiders only took the form of spiders after they passed on and became spirits. Sonji Spiders are White Arts spirits, so they can not do anything that harms people, while Jorogumo would be considered Dark Arts spirits who can choose to help or harm as they see fit. Sonji Spiders are listed in the Creepy Hollows Encyclopedia, so you can read about them there if you want. :)
Yea I’ve learnt about that re them speaking in your own voice, leading to you having thoughts that are not necessarily your typical replies and such! I think as of now, I’m just going with the flow of how things are developing haha

Oooo that’s super insightful, thank you so much!! I’ll go check that out!

あの娘は遠くの空に
消えたのさ ☽♡☾
pearloftheorient
new here
new here

Shadow Stitches wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:38 pm On a random, yet related note, my profile picture here on Creepy Hollows was originally a picture of a Jorogumo, but it got deleted for some reason. I logged on one day to find my profile picture was blank.
It’s a sign it’s a sign!! 😂 so have you gotten down to having one conjured so far?

Fun fact/update:
I was lying on my bed one night with a random thought of “maybe I should get K(my jorogumo) a physical gift, since everyone else has their own personal item presented to them”. All of a sudden, the image of a garnet ring I own, one of many family heirlooms stashed away for the longest time popped into my head. To be real honest, I hesitated for awhile cause I mean, it is a family heirloom after all but the image kept flashing in my head as if like “I want it! I want it!” And then I caved 😂 she is the owner to that garnet ring now (beats it sitting around collecting dust in the heirloom drawer I guess)

あの娘は遠くの空に
消えたのさ ☽♡☾
Shadow Stitches
neophyte
neophyte

pearloftheorient wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:24 am
Shadow Stitches wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:38 pm On a random, yet related note, my profile picture here on Creepy Hollows was originally a picture of a Jorogumo, but it got deleted for some reason. I logged on one day to find my profile picture was blank.
It’s a sign it’s a sign!! 😂 so have you gotten down to having one conjured so far?

Fun fact/update:
I was lying on my bed one night with a random thought of “maybe I should get K(my jorogumo) a physical gift, since everyone else has their own personal item presented to them”. All of a sudden, the image of a garnet ring I own, one of many family heirlooms stashed away for the longest time popped into my head. To be real honest, I hesitated for awhile cause I mean, it is a family heirloom after all but the image kept flashing in my head as if like “I want it! I want it!” And then I caved 😂 she is the owner to that garnet ring now (beats it sitting around collecting dust in the heirloom drawer I guess)
I actually did place an order a few days ago for a custom conjure of a Jorogumo. Just waiting for conjuring to be completed now. :)
That's adorable about the ring btw, I haven't really had any of my spirits take a shine to an object I owned like that, except for certain stones they wanted me to put in their offering bowl lol.

Return to “Dark Arts”