Do categories ever mean "better connections"

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3

or do they just mean possibly stronger connections? I can feel my spirits pretty well, i think. Apart from that one time I was blocking myself.

Has anyone actually gotten clearer communication from a higher category?

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

You're talking about the class rating system, correct?
Each class exhibits a different level of energy. Generally the higher the class, the more powerfully a spirit is prone to manifest.
Some may prefer a lower class of binding to interact with the spirit's energy on a more subtle/controlled level, to graduate the level of connection over time, while higher classes would be capable of exhibiting a stronger influence in your life with immediacy.
So, it doesn't mean that you cannot connect to a lower class of binding as powerfully as one bound at a higher class, it is just a different experience in how the energy presents itself/how it unfolds in your environment.

Essentially, the class system is about the level of filter between oneself and the spirit. A lower class of binding would mean there is more filter between yourself and the spirit.
I think the only category that can distinctly present a "better connection" with any sort of consistency would be the Dynamic class, which means the level of energy can fluctuate as appropriate.

The spirits in general are not restricted in how they connect to you or to what degree, keep in mind. The class system only touches on what the para-technology of CH establishes for the particular binding. Some spirits come through at a certain level naturally, and others may need a form of support in their manifestation for you.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Assuming you mean the class rating system, I have several spirits custom conjured at C4 and a few preconjures at C5T3. Their manifestations don't feel drastically different from each other and even spirits from other shops that don't use rating systems. They all had distinct energies and were able to communicate in their own way whether it's telepathy, thought projection, visions or cards. There are times when the Class 4s would manifest stronger than the higher classed, and there are times I had to strain to hear anything from the C5T3s. Go figure.

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

I did mean "class rating." Thanks

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”