new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1

Hi

I've started working through Ancestral Medicine by Daniel Foor.

Is anyone else doing the practice? Basically, it involves healing troubled ancestors by going back generations and finding elevated ancestors and asking them to help repair your lineage.

I'm just curious if there are any bindings from CH that people are finding helpful in ancestralizing their practice.

Vackra
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I do a lot of ancestral veneration but I have not come upon this particular term nor book before!

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

Is it getting them past their own trauma or getting to heal the lineage only?

DKBrown
new here
new here

Nienna wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:43 am Is it getting them past their own trauma or getting to heal the lineage only?
Elevated ancestors are well and whole in spirit and have merged with the lineage (in theory, I haven't made contact with mine yet). Usually, they are quite old because most modern human spirits are not well. The idea is you get the elevated ancestors to heal the more recent, troubled ancestors. The role of the living participants is to supply energy via offerings and to continually commune with the spirits. Apparently, there are a lot of knock-on effects, in terms of healing the living, which is a lot of what I am interested in.

Does that answer your question?

DKBrown
new here
new here

Vackra wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:17 am I do a lot of ancestral veneration but I have not come upon this particular term nor book before!
Cool. I love Foor's book. You may also be interested in Malidoma Some.

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

I've read some of Malidoma Some.

There is an ancestor binding option at CH, I suppose you could ask for an older ancestor? I was going for that option, but then I decided to get a binding of my spirit guide who just happened to be an older ancestor.

In my case, I don't know if she can heal anyone else in the family line because, well, people are different and spirits may work more easily with some people than with others. I have worked with energy healing and ancestors though. (Not with any concrete system, just energy and good wishes.) My family doesn't have any outstanding curses but there are a few spirits I'd be a bit scared to contact or who I hope have moved past issues they had in life.

WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 38
Your favorite spirit to work with: Happiness
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
Zodiac:

I don't know if this is what you're looking for but I got the "Faery in Your Blood" Reading from CH (they also have other "In Your Blood" readings) and so if you do have a being of that race in your bloodline they'll bind the ancestor of that race whose the closest energetic match to you.
I've actually felt personal trouble connecting with him since I have familial issues and lots of deep emotional wounds surrounding my family. It doesn't say in his description that here's here to help me with familial or ancestral issues but our personalities do seem very similar and he's clearly here to help empower me.

Maybe one of these readings could be of help, especially if you ask for an elevated ancestor who'd like to help with the work you're doing, but I don't know if that's necessarily something they offer though these readings but you could always send in a help ticket and ask. They also have an "Anything" in your blood reading, BUT it specifically says it's for non-human spirits.

Just fyi.

If you keep telling an angel that she's beautiful, eventually she's going to pay you a visit to prove you right so you never stop saying it ^-^

"It's mee!" - S
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

I want to add that I hope to have a dumb supper Nov 1, but, wow, there will be so many plates...

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Ooo! Added to my kindle!

DKBrown
new here
new here

cairngorn wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:08 pm I've read some of Malidoma Some.

There is an ancestor binding option at CH, I suppose you could ask for an older ancestor? I was going for that option, but then I decided to get a binding of my spirit guide who just happened to be an older ancestor.

In my case, I don't know if she can heal anyone else in the family line because, well, people are different and spirits may work more easily with some people than with others. I have worked with energy healing and ancestors though. (Not with any concrete system, just energy and good wishes.) My family doesn't have any outstanding curses but there are a few spirits I'd be a bit scared to contact or who I hope have moved past issues they had in life.
Cool. I have looked at the ancestor bindings. In Foor's book, the ancestors work with their direct descendants, not across family trees. I suppose we all have access to each other through our DNA.

I hadn't heard of a Dumb Supper. Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it some more.

Return to “Human”