neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lampades
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Amarantha Lux

The title pretty much says it all. Which do you prefer surprise me spirits or reverse adoption? They both sound similar.. Are surprise me spirits prebound?

"Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance" ~ Luis Marques

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of ones energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." ~ Aleister Crowley
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

surprise me are custom conjured, I think. Though I'm not sure what the difference is between Surprise Me and Magnet Match. Maybe Magnet can bring in multiple spirits that are more closely tied to the bindee?

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I had 4 surprise freebie spirits once as a freebie weekend item. All 4 is perfectly matched, custom conjurations?? Not sure but they nevertheless were perfect fit for me. That is included my Black Dragon, who most likely was already out there as an outbound. He wanted to come to me.😁🙏 He is my very first true dark art friend. He is absolutely awesome. I can't be without him. He is on the younger ends in age thou. Which I do prefer in all of my dragons.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Kobald
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Hmm..... I would prefer Reverse Adoption. And the difference would be, at least how I think, that a reverse adoption is like:

"Here is this human who wishes to be with someone of you...Who wants to be with that particular human? Step up Step up and dont be shy" *grin*

The Surprise Thing would also be a custom conjure. It "should" be something like this: "Hmmm...okay, so this client wishes to get a binding but is unsure... lets see what kind of being would match him/her..." Or something simillar. In my mind it is less "random" (if one can say it in the meta....^^") because the conjurer does some kind of thinking.

But in my Mind it could also be one and the same? If the listings are differentiated like this, the way i put it makes then the most sense to me.

Its like getting a binding of a being the conjurer thinks fits, whereas the reverse is a kind of conjure where the conjurer him/herself does not know what comes of it.... :)

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

I think the Reverse is chosen from a pool of spirits already hanging around CH. So a smaller group to choose from, but pretty well vetted?

WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 38
Your favorite spirit to work with: Happiness
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I have to comment because I have BEEN wondering this tooo!! Lol.

My assumption is like what Kobald said.
I always thought the RA was that they put your energy signature out there and then a spirit or two come forward and they pick one; while the Surprise Me listing, I assumed, was more like that CH reads your energy and then picks a spirit for you based on what they think you need.

But now, reading how Chavah got a black dragon, and looking at other forum posts about this listing, like this one: viewtopic.php?f=175&t=23385&hilit=surprise+me+spirit I think CH chooses a spirit that they think you'll be most surprised to receive!?

I do think that's the case. How fun!

BONUS READ: LOL! So while I was reading that thread I tagged, my cat SURPRISINGLY showed up at my porch mid-day, which she normally hides in the neighbors yard all day and comes over at night because the dogs will attack her if she comes out during the day (we live on a bunch of land, my cat is totally fine and knows how to take care of herself). This is funny because I have a Bakeneko spirit companion, S, (who is a actually a RA spirit too!!!) whom I thought I got a sign from earlier today and she likes to play jokes! The dogs also all happen to be locked up on the other side of the yard at the moment, giving my Bakeneko, whom I've tasked to watch over my cat, a safe opportunity to guide her (my cat) safely over to my front porch to surprise me! lol.
I had to share! I do believe this was definitely my Bakeneko playing a little joke for me. She's so awesome! She's one of my strongest manifesting spirit companions.
I can't speak for the Surprise Me Spirit listing, but Reverse Adoption companions are the best!! Way to represent, S.!! lol.

And omg, Ash's comment in that thread made me laugh so hard, lmao.

If you keep telling an angel that she's beautiful, eventually she's going to pay you a visit to prove you right so you never stop saying it ^-^

"It's mee!" - S
Amarantha
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lampades
My magical/paranormal name...: Amarantha Lux

I was kinda thinking along the same lines as what Caringorn had mentioned that reverse adoptions may have a smaller pool of spirits . I tried reverse adoptions and got a woodland elf which I can totally see why he would pick me. Also had an arctic elf pick me which I am still not completely sure why. I can't wait to try the surprise me spirits.. At the end of the day no matter which listing you choose your getting a surprise which is always fun but it kinda seems like the surprise me listing may have more options of spirits that can pick you.. I wonder if its best for me to keep letting the spirits pick.. Maybe they know something I don't.. Maybe they know what I need better then I do..

"Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance" ~ Luis Marques

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of ones energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." ~ Aleister Crowley
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member

WaterSunFireRising wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:22 pm I have to comment because I have BEEN wondering this tooo!! Lol.

I always thought the RA was that they put your energy signature out there and then a spirit or two come forward and they pick one; while the Surprise Me listing, I assumed, was more like that CH reads your energy and then picks a spirit for you based on what they think you need.

But now, reading how Chavah got a black dragon, and looking at other forum posts about this listing, like this one: viewtopic.php?f=175&t=23385&hilit=surprise+me+spirit I think CH chooses a spirit that they think you'll be most surprised to receive!?

yeah, so about my black dragon. Magnolia actually just follow course of my dragon's wishes. Apparently, he wanted to come through to me so much that she had to conjure him for me. Which I was glad about, because I do need a firmer 'get back to you' type of defence in this world.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 38
Your favorite spirit to work with: Happiness
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Chavah wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:22 am
WaterSunFireRising wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:22 pm I have to comment because I have BEEN wondering this tooo!! Lol.

yeah, so about my black dragon. Magnolia actually just follow course of my dragon's wishes. Apparently, he wanted to come through to me so much that she had to conjure him for me. Which I was glad about, because I do need a firmer 'get back to you' type of defence in this world.
Dang well that's pretty cool! I think the RA/Surprise spirits always end up making you feel kind of special. That's how I feel at least.
What do you mean by 'get back to you' type of defense?

If you keep telling an angel that she's beautiful, eventually she's going to pay you a visit to prove you right so you never stop saying it ^-^

"It's mee!" - S
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member

WaterSunFireRising wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:52 am
Chavah wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:22 am

Dang well that's pretty cool! I think the RA/Surprise spirits always end up making you feel kind of special. That's how I feel at least.
What do you mean by 'get back to you' type of defense?
I usually shrink back from defending my rights when it's comes to mistreated at work. So my dragon is there to back me up, and 'get back at' those who even he senses the intention of being nasty to me in the future. He is capable of reading a person as fast as a blinking of the eyes. 😁 Although, I instructed him no physical harming anyone. And he will need to report to me in every instance, if he ever found one with bad intentions. He must not act in spontaneously in revenge on anyone. And without my voiced command to act he must obey to widraw. So far so good.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”