You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: jackalope
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: cyris
Zodiac:

i need some good info on how to handle and manage dark arts beings and how difficult they are to keep.
what to do when they are too in your face or unruly , keep breaking house rules, and seem to have little respect for you and your personal space .
i have gotten info from others that just doesn't seem to work , i try to be nice , i try to be stern but more often then not it ends in failure
any tips would be nice

1 veela 8)) 1 throne angel :8) 1 watcher B) 8 warrior angels X..X 1 seraphim 0:) 1 dragos 2 :v psy vampires *0* 1 sang vamp ^^ 1 gargoyle O.Op 1 violet flame angel *>* 1 Norse tiger :3 1 nympho <3 1 servitor 8>
Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I have an unruly very dark DA, a shade away from being a BA, unbound incubus who wants to stay with me. I tried banishing, being firm and commanding to leave me alone. I ended up writing some world building for the incubus so it got out of my face and is enjoying the world I created. It works but this particular ubi insists on breaking rules.

I also have DA gargoyles, on the light side of the DA scale, who I later found out were taking action against the unruly one for breaking rules. To make their job easier, I'm considering buying a rosary to help subdue the unruly one. I got the idea to use a rosary from the thread linked below.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=81401&p=819319&hil ... sh#p819319

I truly believe it will help make the incubus behave which in turn will make it easier for my gargoyles to enforce house rules. I also believe the rosary can be used on other spirits and living entities.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

pokemonsavage wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:21 am i need some good info on how to handle and manage dark arts beings and how difficult they are to keep.
what to do when they are too in your face or unruly , keep breaking house rules, and seem to have little respect for you and your personal space .
i have gotten info from others that just doesn't seem to work , i try to be nice , i try to be stern but more often then not it ends in failure
any tips would be nice
1. Consequences: The CH Encyclopedia gives methods to subdue bound dark arts spirits on each entry page. CH materials that I've read repeatedly say there needs to be consequences when a spirit breaches a house rule. That is one use of the subduing methods.

For spirits that are not mentioned in the CH Encyclopedia, I would ask the conjurer if they have a recommendation for subduing the spirit.

2. Blocking: I highly recommend the CH downloadable book on Great Dark Arts Guidance. Among the many good, valuable spells and information in it is a spell that can be used to block any bound spirit for a limited period.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/limited- ... k-ash.html

3. House rules effectiveness: You can get a binding of ASH's recommended House Rules. The Shop listing there actually gives the core advice for managing DA spirits, so I won't copy and paste it here.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/SPIRIT-K ... RULES.html

4. Difficulty: Custom conjured spirits from experts (like CH) will be less likely to be difficult to keep, as they'll be vetted and will match the keeper's energy well. The conjurer should be able to supply info on how difficult to keep a particular spirit type or individual is, if they haven't already.

Things to look out for are phrases like: "suits experienced keepers only" and "can be difficult to manage".

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7

If the spirits are from CH you shouldn't have too many problems, as Lewk said. If you feel like you want to keep DA spirits but they seem too rowdy to you as of now, you can always request a being on the lighter side of the spectrum. That way perhaps you can get used to the duality-aspect?

In my personal opinion, gregori watchers are good for beginners. They generally seem to be well-behaved and come from a society that values an orderly and reliable attitude, at least as far as I've gotten, and they don't have to be sensual if you don't want them to be. The protection aspect is a massive plus.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

pokemonsavage wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:21 am i need some good info on how to handle and manage dark arts beings and how difficult they are to keep.
any tips would be nice
I saw this article and thought of your post.

The section on Rules neatly summarises in an an authoritative way the points made in this thread. And there's an additional point:

"You should always set standard rules which apply to any, and all, Dark Arts spirits in the home, and then add to the rules for individual, specific spirits who may need further direction." [my italics]

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... 16&id=1289

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Amarantha
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lampades
My magical/paranormal name...: Amarantha Lux

Whyme wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:39 pm I have an unruly very dark DA, a shade away from being a BA, unbound incubus who wants to stay with me. I tried banishing, being firm and commanding to leave me alone. I ended up writing some world building for the incubus so it got out of my face and is enjoying the world I created. It works but this particular ubi insists on breaking rules.

I also have DA gargoyles, on the light side of the DA scale, who I later found out were taking action against the unruly one for breaking rules. To make their job easier, I'm considering buying a rosary to help subdue the unruly one. I got the idea to use a rosary from the thread linked below.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=81401&p=819319&hil ... sh#p819319

I truly believe it will help make the incubus behave which in turn will make it easier for my gargoyles to enforce house rules. I also believe the rosary can be used on other spirits and living entities.

World building? Interesting.. Is it kind of like that movie Inception with Leonardo DiCaprio? Might have to add this to my list of things to learn about next

"Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance" ~ Luis Marques

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of ones energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." ~ Aleister Crowley
pokemonsavage
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:35 pm
any tips would be nice
1. Consequences: The CH Encyclopedia gives methods to subdue bound dark arts spirits on each entry page. CH materials that I've read repeatedly say there needs to be consequences when a spirit breaches a house rule. That is one use of the subduing methods.

For spirits that are not mentioned in the CH Encyclopedia, I would ask the conjurer if they have a recommendation for subduing the spirit.

2. Blocking: I highly recommend the CH downloadable book on Great Dark Arts Guidance. Among the many good, valuable spells and information in it is a spell that can be used to block any bound spirit for a limited period.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/limited- ... k-ash.html

3. House rules effectiveness: You can get a binding of ASH's recommended House Rules. The Shop listing there actually gives the core advice for managing DA spirits, so I won't copy and paste it here.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/SPIRIT-K ... RULES.html

4. Difficulty: Custom conjured spirits from experts (like CH) will be less likely to be difficult to keep, as they'll be vetted and will match the keeper's energy well. The conjurer should be able to supply info on how difficult to keep a particular spirit type or individual is, if they haven't already.

Things to look out for are phrases like: "suits experienced keepers only" and "can be difficult to manage".
tysm I have another question also, I do own some angels and a gargoyle could they shield or block one of my bound DAs from using magic on me or touching me or just to keep them out of a certain place in general , for example I have a house rule not to be in the same room with me when I’m naked for obvious reasons lol

1 veela 8)) 1 throne angel :8) 1 watcher B) 8 warrior angels X..X 1 seraphim 0:) 1 dragos 2 :v psy vampires *0* 1 sang vamp ^^ 1 gargoyle O.Op 1 violet flame angel *>* 1 Norse tiger :3 1 nympho <3 1 servitor 8>
Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
Zodiac:

pokemonsavage wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:24 pmtysm I have another question also, I do own some angels and a gargoyle could they shield or block one of my bound DAs from using magic on me or touching me or just to keep them out of a certain place in general , for example I have a house rule not to be in the same room with me when I’m naked for obvious reasons lol
This gives me some serious WTH feeling. Like when you're struggling with an abusive partner. Your relationship with your spirits should be build upon mutual respect. Of course it's an option to tell your WA spirits to remind your DAs of certain things they might not think or care about 24/7, because it's not their nature, but the way you put it sounds like you don't trust your DA spirit at all. :| This could be quite troubling, if a trickster should use that distrust against you and them.
I mean, you get one and then you don't want them close or to be themselves? No offence, just food for thought.
If we get a DA/BA we must consider their nature, as they are willing to be our companions until we die. They will confront us with things we'd rather evade, if the confrontation helps us to learn and evolve. Even if they don't mean it, some just need to be around to start that process. It takes trust to be ready for that.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
pokemonsavage
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

ilinga wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:14 pm
pokemonsavage wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:24 pmtysm I have another question also, I do own some angels and a gargoyle could they shield or block one of my bound DAs from using magic on me or touching me or just to keep them out of a certain place in general , for example I have a house rule not to be in the same room with me when I’m naked for obvious reasons lol
This gives me some serious WTH feeling. Like when you're struggling with an abusive partner. Your relationship with your spirits should be build upon mutual respect. Of course it's an option to tell your WA spirits to remind your DAs of certain things they might not think or care about 24/7, because it's not their nature, but the way you put it sounds like you don't trust your DA spirit at all. :| This could be quite troubling, if a trickster should use that distrust against you and them.
I mean, you get one and then you don't want them close or to be themselves? No offence, just food for thought.
If we get a DA/BA we must consider their nature, as they are willing to be our companions until we die. They will confront us with things we'd rather evade, if the confrontation helps us to learn and evolve. Even if they don't mean it, some just need to be around to start that process. It takes trust to be ready for that.
well sorry but if there version of being themselves is raping me while im having a panic attack then i dont want it .
i know i don't have any unbounds and i have numerous amounts of protection up and have had myself checked , i trust my DAs just not the one pulling this sh*t , sorry if that sounds weird.

pokemonsavage
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

ilinga wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:14 pm
im simply trying to find a way that i can be sure that i can be safe until they calm down or i can try and be more solid and specific on house rules

Return to “Dark Arts”