Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira

Re: premonitions.

Postby Ashira » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:02 am

I have had numerous premonitions since I was about 13, which were always accurate and often regarding death. I am hoping this was not one of those, but I have to say I got goosebumps while reading your original post. The thing to remember about these sort of dreams, though, is that even if they do turn out to be premonitions, some can be YEARS prior to the actual event. So the best advice I can give is try not to worry and perhaps simply make "random off-hand" suggestions to him as far as making positive lifestyle changes that could improve his health. :)

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!

Oceansoul
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 60
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elven/Faery
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Oceana Anima

Postby Oceansoul » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:56 pm

Ashira wrote:I have had numerous premonitions since I was about 13, which were always accurate and often regarding death. I am hoping this was not one of those, but I have to say I got goosebumps while reading your original post. The thing to remember about these sort of dreams, though, is that even if they do turn out to be premonitions, some can be YEARS prior to the actual event. So the best advice I can give is try not to worry and perhaps simply make "random off-hand" suggestions to him as far as making positive lifestyle changes that could improve his health. :)

I am hoping so too, but I realise that it is possible it could happen sometime in the future, so I guess I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best. Thank you for the advice :hug: I'll try, but he's very stubborn, that's for sure; he probably won't listen! He still does yard work when no one's looking! ::facepalm::

AutumnWhispers
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Autumn

Postby AutumnWhispers » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:30 pm

I really hope your grandfather will be ok :hug:

I know all about them being stubborn, mine was incredibly stubborn. If he ended up in the hospital and could move, he'd drag himself out of the bed and start packing his suitcase. They actually used to have to tie him down to the bed to keep him from ripping the IVs out of his arm and leaving x_x

Mine passed a few years ago but he still seems to be around in a way. Through a few difficult times, pictures of him randomly appeared in places with no explanation, and other little signs... one of his personal recipes fell out of a book one day. My mother was coming to visit and I ended up making it for dinner the night she came over. We then realized that that day was also his birthday :lol:

As for premonitions... I guess I've had quite a few of these over the years. For me, they're different than regular dreams. They're really vivid, they give me a different feeling. It's hard to explain, but I wake up knowing that whatever it is it's going to happen.

I was thinking about premonitions yesterday, strangely enough. The one that really sticks out in my mind was related to my best friend. When we were younger, her mother didn't like me and forced us apart. Every time I called her house, her mother would lie and say she was somewhere else and that she would call me back, but she never did. It broke my heart, we were like sisters and I thought she hated me. I couldn't figure out why she didn't want to be friends anymore. Eventually, I gave up and moved on with my life (I did not know at the time that her mother was behind all this and was lying to me).

6 months to a year later, I had a really horrible dream. It gives me goosebumps now thinking about it. I woke in such a panic that I didn't know what to do. I calmed myself, but it was eating away at me all day. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I had to call her. I thought to myself, even if she hates me and slams the phone down or curses me out, at least I will know she is ok and I can stop having this horrible feeling of dread.

So I called her.

When she answered, she sounded really out of it. All I could say was, 'are you ok?' and she was like 'what? who is this?' When I told her, there was silence. Then she just burst out crying.

Just moments before I had called her, she had been raped.

There was a lot of crying and talking. She's ok now (this was over 10 years ago) and we're still best friends, even though we don't get to see each other a lot.

I've had quite a few other ones, they're not always anything that horrible... sometimes they even just serve as a warning. I've known things were going to happen so I was able to deal with them when they did without freaking out or there being catastrophic results.

Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira

Postby Ashira » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:51 am

Oceansoul wrote:
Ashira wrote:I have had numerous premonitions since I was about 13, which were always accurate and often regarding death. I am hoping this was not one of those, but I have to say I got goosebumps while reading your original post. The thing to remember about these sort of dreams, though, is that even if they do turn out to be premonitions, some can be YEARS prior to the actual event. So the best advice I can give is try not to worry and perhaps simply make "random off-hand" suggestions to him as far as making positive lifestyle changes that could improve his health. :)

I am hoping so too, but I realise that it is possible it could happen sometime in the future, so I guess I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best. Thank you for the advice :hug: I'll try, but he's very stubborn, that's for sure; he probably won't listen! He still does yard work when no one's looking! ::facepalm::

Actually...yard work may be good for him. Granted, strenuous activities can be bad for people with certain conditions...but regular exercise in the form of chores (as long as it isn't especially strenuous) can be incredibly beneficial. And something else that younger people don't always understand is that older people NEED something to give their life meaning. This is especially important after retirement...but many older people who pass retirement age and no longer have anything really productive to do simply shut down.

If a person is well enough to perform the activity they choose, it's best to allow them. Older people who are restricted from doing any sort of productive activity in favor of a "comfortable retirement" often don't live long. The reason isn't due as much to physical ailment as it is their frame of mind...if they no longer have any productive contribution to offer to either their own home or society in general, the mind interprets this as an end of life. The mind governs not only our thoughts but also our physical well-being. So if the mind determines that life is over, the body follows suit. So it is important for older people to continue to feel like productive members of society.

These are just my thoughts, but I hope it helps the situation.

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!

Oceansoul
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 60
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elven/Faery
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Oceana Anima

Postby Oceansoul » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:15 pm

I understand that, I would be going insane if i didn't have anything to do too! Sometimes I wish he'd do a little less because his balance is pretty off now and he's taken alot of spills lately. he likes to water all the plans and cut them and paint the fence and get on ladders to do stuff, most of the time he's out of breath from just walking or climbing stairs. but everyone feels bad if we tell him he can't do that stuff anymore, sadly it is very strenuous. so its a dilemma and a half on both ends. what's strangely odd is i haven't had a dream with him in it since this one, so maybe somethings changed.

Downto666demons
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 33
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Merman or werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Aisivitha

Postby Downto666demons » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:59 am

I've had dreams, visions, telepathic messages and visual flashes since I was 6 or 7 and they all came true either exactly as I had seen or in a symbolic manner. Later on as I made my way to the paranormal world at 13 I've labeled these as premonitions. I can't force them they simply come to me through dreams or in meditation for the most part. I had a point in my life where I was overwhelmed by knowing the future and did a ritual to rid myself of having them. That worked for about 2 months with a seldom premonition here or there and soon after they started back except for they were very vague. In example, I've always known when someone I'm close to would be in danger or how they would die, after the ritual when the premonitions returned I would sense that someone would die or that there is danger but no exact reasons or people. It's been 7 months since I cast the removal ritual and I have gradually had more direct premonitions usually in the form of dreams. I no longer reject them and I hope I'll regain my former abilities.

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”