What ritual was this? Did they kill the babies.

GenesisLove
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All WA & DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

What ritual was this? Did they kill the babies.

Postby GenesisLove » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:02 am

Love Conquers All, Even Fear.

jellybean
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 150
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Rainbow Walker

Re: What ritual was this? Did they kill the babies.

Postby jellybean » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:56 am

I read the article but can't see the pictures on my ipad. I went to a lecture a couple of years ago about magical practices in Asian countries. In Thailand and other nearby countries some sects of Buddhist monks (the ones that live in the mountains apparently) are known to use dead infants and miscarried foetuses in black magic practices, rituals to make amulets for those that can afford them & apparently they aren't cheap. We were told that they do not kill the children but I don't know if that's true or we were being told that because the idea was anathema to westerners. We were also told that it's an underground thing, it's secretive because the authorities there outlawed the practice some time ago. I don't know more than what we were told and I have no idea how to verify what we were told because their practices are not documented. I hope we were told the truth (that they do not kill the children).

~ Jane

:pirate2: :pirate2: PROUD TO BE A PIRATE :pirate2: :pirate2:

Hlithium
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 3

Postby Hlithium » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:24 am

jellybean wrote:I read the article but can't see the pictures on my ipad. I went to a lecture a couple of years ago about magical practices in Asian countries. In Thailand and other nearby countries some sects of Buddhist monks (the ones that live in the mountains apparently) are known to use dead infants and miscarried foetuses in black magic practices, rituals to make amulets for those that can afford them & apparently they aren't cheap. We were told that they do not kill the children but I don't know if that's true or we were being told that because the idea was anathema to westerners. We were also told that it's an underground thing, it's secretive because the authorities there outlawed the practice some time ago. I don't know more than what we were told and I have no idea how to verify what we were told because their practices are not documented. I hope we were told the truth (that they do not kill the children).

Wow...this just reminds me of a Thailand horror movie "The Unborn". Its about unborn babies getting aborted and dumped in a temple. So maybe the mentioned article in this thread is somewhat related because if the monks didn't kill the babies for the ritual, perhaps it's the unborn that was aborted. I could be wrong too although the movie was dedicated to the unborn babies that got aborted.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

GenesisLove
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All WA & DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Postby GenesisLove » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:45 am

JellyBean,
Did they say how powerful the ritual was. Evidently these people are paying large sums of money. Even if the babies aren't killed, it just seems there should be another way. Seems way too creepy. In another article about this incident they claims that these gold wrapped babies are eaten. Im a white and very light dark art keeper and my networth has literally increased ten times since I started keeping. So I can testify to anyone who will listen that you do not have to do black magic to win.

Hlithium,
A lot of what we see as fiction is based off real life, and we don't know it.

Love Conquers All, Even Fear.

jellybean
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 150
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Rainbow Walker

Postby jellybean » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:48 am

GenesisLove wrote:JellyBean,
Did they say how powerful the ritual was. Evidently these people are paying large sums of money. Even if the babies aren't killed, it just seems there should be another way. Seems way too creepy. In another article about this incident they claims that these gold wrapped babies are eaten. Im a white and very light dark art keeper and my networth has literally increased ten times since I started keeping. So I can testify to anyone who will listen that you do not have to do black magic to win.

The amulets are considered to be powerful and apparently can cost thousands of dollars if you know where to get them; and that we weren't told. Although they never mentioned anything about eating the babies so that is probably something altogether different as well.

The thing with this type of magic is that it isn't Black. To them magic is just magic. It doesn't have a colour. Black, dark/grey & white are western and christian concepts and didn't really exist as black, dark/grey or white until medieval times when the church basically took over and tried to stop anyone practicing. They introduced the concepts to strike fear into the uneducated population so they could control them more easily. In fact most pagans (and even most of the wiccan practitioners who have advanced past Gerald Gardner's teachings) that I know don't attribute any colour to magic. We just think of magic as magic. A lot of us don't even use the 'k' on the end!

~ Jane

:pirate2: :pirate2: PROUD TO BE A PIRATE :pirate2: :pirate2:

Dropturvey
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3

Postby Dropturvey » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:23 am

This happened in May 2012, and this type of foetus covered in gold is referred to as a Kumanthong in Thailand. Kumanthong meaning golden boy.
The more common images are boys made from clay with ash from the monastery burning grounds mixed with the clay to form the statue/vessel.It's normal to see this type of Kumanthong in any Thai business or shop as the Thais believe they bring good luck to their venture.
The type in the article however are certainly not seen on display for obvious reasons. I have never heard any references to these being eaten.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra

Postby Ashino Tsume roshi » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:21 pm

GenesisLove wrote:http://m.disclose.tv/news/thai_police_arrest_uk_man_after_finding_roasted_dead_babies_wrapped_in_gold_leaf/120657

Read Article

The Extremes of Capitalism March on.

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss

Mercury13
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Leprechaun
If I could be anything, I would be...: Incubus
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Hg-13

Postby Mercury13 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:40 pm

In Thailand,,, keeping kumanthong which is ash from unborn and abortion babies are good karma because its symbolic of raise the unwanted baby, pray for them feed em with white positive energy, its cure their dissapointment. Then they Will grow as child companion, some of them use kumanthong to search information ( un seen spy :D ). And attract many good karma.

laalbieglna
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 50
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Postby laalbieglna » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:52 pm

Yes, kuman thong are made from aborted or miscarried fetuses. No, the amulet maker is NOT supposed to actually do the killing -- like Mercury 13 says, you can accrue merit from keeping one by giving them the opportunity to experience life, love, and being valued. The oldest form is made from the cadaver, later developments are making them with the cremation ash, and some are even statuettes that may (or may not) have ash or only graveyard dirt. My understanding is that because abortion is illegal in most of these countries but human remains are respected/revered, the cadavers are often left at temples; and because the open and black market trades for these amulets are highly profitable, anyone with access to such cadavers will have a motivation to make and trade in the amulets. There are also kuman thep or luk thep that are enspirited dolls without any human remains. The fetuses would have been roasted to dry them, no one was planning to eat them. I am neither condemning nor endorsing any of this, just adding to ^^^ for clarity. It is a very, very old form of traditional magic from a culture that most westerners are completely unfamiliar with -- apparently from pre-Buddhist indigenous religions. The only western "practice" that is even remotely similar that I can think of is "reborn dolls", and the majority (not all, but the majority) of people who engage with them are not spirit keepers and do not talk openly about any spiritual aspect of it. (Though I have my own animist speculations...)

Return to “Black Magic”