Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Silver Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: me
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: margim nogrim

What duality means to me

Post by fuszay »

Good mornting everybody! Hope all is well! So when it comes to duality I am a firm believer in it. My whole philosophy when it comes it spirit keeping, magic, energy manipulation is balance is key. I am both a highly spiritual and religious person I have been since birth. I understand from a religious perspective that spirit keeping and trying to understand magic in general is taboo however I have recently come to understand that spirit keeping and the desire to work with energy is simply a part of who I am and I wholeheartily accept that part of myself. I am also certain of my religious beliefs and strive to live by the rules of my religion. Now I simply won't go into what my religious beliefs are because I believe that everybody has their own beliefs and who am I to say what is right or wrong we are all on our own paths to enlightenment. Why should anybody define their life by right hand path/ left hand path? We are born with two hands why not use both?

Some stars shoot higher then the rest but the closest stars to the earth burn brightest.

Gypsy
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Changes daily
If I could be anything, I would be...: fae
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a secret ;)

Re: What duality means to me

Post by Gypsy »

I totally agree with what you are saying, but I came to feel that way by, I guess you could call it fate lol. Actually, it was a CH sale and freebies that completely changed my views on being a keeper of both light and dark. I had only adopted light spirits but had always wanted a Dragon. I was uneducated and concerned about DA spirits. So when I purchased two light arts spirits, as a free gift I received a black dragon as well as a werewolf. They are both WONDERFUL! My dragon tells me exactly like it is and I love this about him. My werewolf is moody but I know he watches everything and has my best interest at heart. I am so glad now to be a keeper of both light and dark.

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male

Post by Inedible »

In most places duality is another word for separation, the opposite of Oneness.

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self

Post by Vryn Nightshard »

Duality is a positive thing to me, in my opinion.

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.

fuszay
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Silver Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: me
My magical/paranormal name...: margim nogrim

Post by fuszay »

Separation and oneness are two sides of the same coin to me. Think of the yin yang symbol. Salt and fresh water are seperate and yet can be connected to one another without blending. Oil and vinegar can be put in the same cup and yet each part is separate from the other. Its all about perception I suppose.

Some stars shoot higher then the rest but the closest stars to the earth burn brightest.

LeilaNambinga
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Marid Djinns
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mystic
My magical/paranormal name...: Leila Nambinga

Post by LeilaNambinga »

Duality is about unity for me. Especially since I am a Mystic.

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 23

Post by DualWanderer3 »

Interesting take on it fuszay but it makes sense if you intend on fully following your religious background.When I still considered myself a christian my church had no problems with magic as a concept but from what I've learned about the religion,especially when looking at the catholic variation,are vary intolerant to it,along with other things.So your duality is in a sense of how king solomin could be considered to have duality,you follow your religion which is the light,yin,e.t.c but have no problem understanding and harnessing what your religion would consider dark,yang,e.t.c.It's not how I would define it myself but from the point of view of a highly religious person that would believe everything outside their religion to be bad or dark it's understandable.A more personal duality because it's your religion making the aspect dark to begin with even if it isn't but it is duality non the less.

To me though duality in more about having both opposing sides and ideals balanced to a point of cohesiveness in not to the point of being a single thing.A good example of what I mean can be looked at in video games with stats.Think about how melee fighter classes like warriors and knights from said games tend to be compered other ones like the rouges or thieves.Both have their pros and cons,the first group stated may have a lot of strength and defense but lack in speed and accuracy while the second group has the revers of the stats.For simplicity and showing some of my view on the quality's of the sides I'll refer to the first group as darkness and the second as light.

Darkness has a lot power and take a lot of hits before going down.Perfect for taking down multiple foes one after another on the front lines of a fight but it dose nothing for fighting something like light that can run circles around it and chip away at its health with dps from its consistent hits even if they are weak,however light is equally hindered and at risk,being smart enough to read the opponent and doge almost all their moves and consistently strike and land all hits may help deal with most but darkness has a so much health and defense compared to light's weak attack strength that it becomes a war of nutrition between them.Not only that but darkness has more then enough strength to take out light in one single hit thus it only needs one lucky strike to win.Because of this every battle can be considered a coin flip in who wins with luck being the deciding factor.

This is all because of the main focus and ideals of them,darkness wants to take on battles over and over and thus focuses stats on doing the most damage and taking the most damage not needing to focus on the other two because their foes are coming to them and theirs no need for accuracy when your guaranteed to hit your target.Light on the other hand would prefer to avoid fights as much as possible and ending them as fast as possible with as little effort as possible if it has to and thus focuses stats on being quick and agile to get in and out of combat as well as the ability to strike where it counts to finish the battle as quick and cleanly as possible not needing to focus on the other two because power means nothing if you can't hit your opponent and why bother having defense if you will never be hit to begin with.Neither is in the wrong and non have a reason to be considered inferior when they've mastered their style and craft but when facing each other is when their glaring flaws are most prevalent and the battle can go ether way because of how both their flaws are each others strengths and what makes both of them strong is what the other is weak to for ignoring the stats.

Now lets say you have a third group with even stats all around,I'll call this one gray,a standard mix of light and darkness.Gray is well rounded and balanced in all stats thus is adaptable and versatile and can take on more foes and change its strategy mid-fight depending on the opponent.Darkness may have a easier target to hit but gray has much more defense then light and thus can take much more then one hit from darkness and because gray is much stronger then light is its also able to do more damage to darkness thus taking it out sooner making gray a much tougher opponent to beat even if theirs still a fair chance for darkness to win and gray could be in the same position as light if darkness's level is far higher then grays.Likewise light may have a easier time doing damage to gray but gray is by far quicker then darkness and thus is much harder for light to hit consecutively which means less dps and more strait damage per hit which makes lights hits weaker then normal along with gray's better accuracy which makes it much harder for light to doge its attacks and thus takes more hits from gray making a lose more guaranteed then darkness's one lucky shot which gray doesn't need to relay on to win which as with darkness makes gray a much tougher opponent for light as well with the same being said about light only with gray in darkness's position instead.

Because gray focused on making its stats even gray is more likely to win a fight whether its with darkness or light because what was lacking in both of them becomes grays strength when facing them while also having enough stats in its opponents strengths to counteract their method of attack,using the opposing offense as defense by fighting fire with fire thus eliminating weakness and vulnerability unless theirs a big enough level gape to make the opposing same stats strong enough on the opponents side to nullify grays stat investment.If gray knew both darkness and light well enough to know the specifics of their stats it could then tailor the stats to fit its ideals but have enough stat investment in the stats it won't use vary much to match the opposing stats and thus counteract them even if it still stays true to its core ideals.Then it would be a elite group I'll just call silver.

For the sake of keeping this from going on to long, -_- I swear I could write books on some of these topics by how long post like this tend to get just to say something that would take like 5 minutes verbally,I'm just going to try wrapping this up and hopefully get the rest of the points I want to get across without adding another 6 paragraphs.So in the example above or more accurately the majority of the post light and darkness are representing of the opposites that exist whether it's that or nature and technology,magic and science,country and city,emotion/feeling and logic/reasoning,in your case religion and magic,I think you can see what I mean here.Both can be advocated to be right or wrong by anyone for any reason they don't agree with,both can be used for good or evil,both have their advantages and disadvantages but both exist,both are equal in necessity,and theirs no right or wrong one to follow.only the followers that are so insistent on shoving their beliefs down your throat to convert you because their hot headed red queens when facts contradict their view of the opposing side are wrong.

Gray represents my view of duality,bringing opposites together and getting them to work together cohesively while getting rid of their flaws in the process even if they still have problems now and then.When and if the ratio and balance gets to the point that every single flaw is accounted for and eliminated and everything works together so well that its as if its something entirely new as a singularity then it becomes what silver represents.And I'll say one last thing about it and why I use the color representation.I like to think of it in comparison to a mirror and the ability to see clearly in a metaphorical sense.If you saw nothing but darkness you wouldn't be able to see anything,your eyes could adjust and start seeing things but when the light comes on would be so bright it would hurt to look at and you would be completely blinded,if you saw nothing but light you would have a hard time seeing anything as well,you could get use to it and start seeing things but the instant you fall into darkness you are equally blinded,if you mix them together to see gray you wouldn't be blinded and see more but it would be so unclear that you would then question and dout what you see,but if you mix darkness and light just right and get silver you could see everything in its truest form in clear detail with no need to dout or question. || And with that this long post finally ends.Hopefully its not to hard to understand.

blessed be

LeilaNambinga
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Marid Djinns
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mystic
My magical/paranormal name...: Leila Nambinga

Post by LeilaNambinga »

Not really it isn't hard, Yang and Yin can change places depending on a situation, what I mean from light to dark then dark to light. That's what I noticed from the Youtube Channel Ted Ed. They explained that very well. Disney's Mulan cartoon is a bit off but not too much.💖💌👢💖

Return to “Duality”