Kuji-kiri Protection Ritual

User avatar
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Posts: 7606
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:14 pm
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: Spirit
If I could be anything, I would be...: Anything
My magical/paranormal name...: Blade Dawn

Re: Kuji-kiri Protection Ritual

Postby darkwing dook » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:00 pm

Lewk wrote:I used to use a slimmed down version of it in the 1980s. If I remember it correctly, you drew the 9 lines then wrote a word in the centre representing what you wanted protection for, eg 'car' or 'journey'.

Mm the one I know is, to draw the 9 cuts over the letter, writing, or picture representing the object, or the object itself.

It might be from different tradition. I remember there was a book detailing different order of the cuts and syllables, e.g. horizontal cuts first, and then verticals.


"Knowing a trifle about everything gives life more color." - Zhuge Liang
"Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use." - Wendell Johnson

"People don't like being lectured to against their will. You need to ask 'Are you interested in learning about subject X from and with me?' This has to be done in a no pressure way, and in a manner which gives people escape options if they should decide to leave." - Michael A. Nielsen

User avatar
Lewk
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:11 am
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 139
Spelled Number: 137
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Re: Kuji-kiri Protection Ritual

Postby Lewk » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:56 pm

darkwing dook wrote:
Lewk wrote:I used to use a slimmed down version of it in the 1980s. If I remember it correctly, you drew the 9 lines then wrote a word in the centre representing what you wanted protection for, eg 'car' or 'journey'.

Mm the one I know is, to draw the 9 cuts over the letter, writing, or picture representing the object, or the object itself.

It might be from different tradition. I remember there was a book detailing different order of the cuts and syllables, e.g. horizontal cuts first, and then verticals.


Yes, I think that was it. My memory has been returning, I think. I probably got it from a how-to article in a national occult/new age magazine that was in all newsagents in the UK during the 1980s.


Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

User avatar
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Posts: 7606
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:14 pm
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: Spirit
If I could be anything, I would be...: Anything
My magical/paranormal name...: Blade Dawn

Re: Kuji-kiri Protection Ritual

Postby darkwing dook » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:17 pm

Lewk wrote:Yes, I think that was it. My memory has been returning, I think. I probably got it from a how-to article in a national occult/new age magazine that was in all newsagents in the UK during the 1980s.

I got a reply from a practitioner there, which said that there is a Buddhist sect that also writes the word on top of the cuts, but this word represents the controller, not the controlled. E.g. when going across the sea, one can do the cuts, and then writes the kanji of dragon, so that the dragon will protect them during the journey.

But not sure whether that method can be applied by anyone or only the sect's practitioners. As far as I know, they also practice other methods with different cuts and mantra/syllables.


"Knowing a trifle about everything gives life more color." - Zhuge Liang
"Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use." - Wendell Johnson

"People don't like being lectured to against their will. You need to ask 'Are you interested in learning about subject X from and with me?' This has to be done in a no pressure way, and in a manner which gives people escape options if they should decide to leave." - Michael A. Nielsen

User avatar
Lewk
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:11 am
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 139
Spelled Number: 137
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Re: Kuji-kiri Protection Ritual

Postby Lewk » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:32 pm

Thanks very much for that information. It's all genuinely interesting for me.

Again that seems familiar but I think the How To article I read in the 80s was only an adaptation of that or something similar.

I think the word I wrote when I used these for a year or two (following the occult magazine article) might have been 'car' for traveling in a 'car, 'ship' for traveling in a ship and so on. I can't remember clearly whether it said you could be flexible and use it to, for example, maybe wrote 'wind' if there was storm.


Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

User avatar
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Posts: 7606
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:14 pm
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: Spirit
If I could be anything, I would be...: Anything
My magical/paranormal name...: Blade Dawn

Re: Kuji-kiri Protection Ritual

Postby darkwing dook » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:48 pm

Lewk wrote:I think the word I wrote when I used these for a year or two (following the occult magazine article) might have been 'car' for traveling in a 'car, 'ship' for traveling in a ship and so on. I can't remember clearly whether it said you could be flexible and use it to, for example, maybe wrote 'wind' if there was storm.

In this case, the easiest way is to draw the cuts upward, against the storm. Although, this is protection against the storm, not a controlling it. Another one is to sew a seman (pentagram) and doman (the kuji-kiri) symbols into your clothes and wear it when you have to go. This method is also employed by Japanese traditional diver women.

The one you said about using the character of wind may be more in line with weather controlling method, but it sounds like only one part of the method. It might be a good idea to check a more comprehensive weather magick, e.g.:
post786786.html#p786786
Just a caution, it may not be safe to try to control an already raging storm for beginners. I was warned by one teacher not to do it, but you know, 'for science'. It was a bad idea : p


"Knowing a trifle about everything gives life more color." - Zhuge Liang
"Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use." - Wendell Johnson

"People don't like being lectured to against their will. You need to ask 'Are you interested in learning about subject X from and with me?' This has to be done in a no pressure way, and in a manner which gives people escape options if they should decide to leave." - Michael A. Nielsen

User avatar
Lewk
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:11 am
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 139
Spelled Number: 137
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Re: Kuji-kiri Protection Ritual

Postby Lewk » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:34 am

darkwing dook wrote:
Lewk wrote:I think the word I wrote when I used these for a year or two (following the occult magazine article) might have been 'car' for traveling in a 'car, 'ship' for traveling in a ship and so on. I can't remember clearly whether it said you could be flexible and use it to, for example, maybe wrote 'wind' if there was storm.

In this case, the easiest way is to draw the cuts upward, against the storm. Although, this is protection against the storm, not a controlling it. Another one is to sew a seman (pentagram) and doman (the kuji-kiri) symbols into your clothes and wear it when you have to go. This method is also employed by Japanese traditional diver women.

The one you said about using the character of wind may be more in line with weather controlling method, but it sounds like only one part of the method. It might be a good idea to check a more comprehensive weather magick, e.g.:
post786786.html#p786786
Just a caution, it may not be safe to try to control an already raging storm for beginners. I was warned by one teacher not to do it, but you know, 'for science'. It was a bad idea : p


Thanks again :)

Yes, I can see how using some magic with a full blown storm may be difficult or unwise.

I learned to use Ki skills (Koichi Tohei's methods) to calm wind but once a storm is full blown it's bit too late to do much other than possibly alter its direction slightly. With the Ki skills method (basically a seika tanden method for harmonizing with physical things, including one's environment), it's basically a line of sight thing that needs continual eyes on what I'm interacting with.

Thanks for posting all of this info on the Kuju-Kiri method. I think I would only use any of it very carefully indeed.


Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

User avatar
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Posts: 7606
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:14 pm
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: Spirit
If I could be anything, I would be...: Anything
My magical/paranormal name...: Blade Dawn

Re: Kuji-kiri Protection Ritual

Postby darkwing dook » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:50 am

No problem. Glad if it can benefit some : )


"Knowing a trifle about everything gives life more color." - Zhuge Liang
"Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use." - Wendell Johnson

"People don't like being lectured to against their will. You need to ask 'Are you interested in learning about subject X from and with me?' This has to be done in a no pressure way, and in a manner which gives people escape options if they should decide to leave." - Michael A. Nielsen


Return to “Protection”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest