sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: omnomnom
If I could be anything, I would be...: blingbling
My magical/paranormal name...: Blade Birch

Re: Anger and negativity

Postby darkwing dook » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:02 pm

Aerohopper wrote:It's called intermittent fasting, it's really not that bad, beginner can do 16 hrs fasting and 8hr food intake window or 18 hrs fasting and 6 hr food intake window. It's really not that hard, I have done it for health purposes and get extra time for not preping meal and eating.
My first meal used to be 4pm in the afternoon and last meal can be at 11pm.
The doctor would do Tuesday Wednesday fasting, that's 48 hours and somehow he managed to eat only 7 meals in one week. The doctor is in his 50s and he does weight training and running. He runs faster and farther than any young guys. The doctor promotes starving, enjoy the feeling of starving.
He also gave lion and tiger analogy, they run faster when they are starving... explained scientifically.

The bottom line is this. The Japanese in the 1900s did test like this give only water to a group of people and they die in 30 days versus give only bread to a group of people and they die in 7 days. So it's really safe what we are speaking of here. Mental block and limitation of the mind is all we have, healing can be so simple. I understand the medical condition you are speaking of, I suggest you speak to a doctor that is knowledgeable in intermittent fasting, not all doctor are knowledgeable in this area. The doctor that have used fasting to heal patient are the one you should consult with.

1. That is you who have done it, not the elderly person in topic. Giving your experience as an example doesn't guarantee it will work as well with elder persons with potentially many limitations and health issues.
2. The doctor you mentioned is already an experienced and (possibly) expert, not beginner with health issues. Unless he assesses and monitors the elderly person in topic, it is not a wise idea to just copy it as it is.
3. If the elderly person in topic refuses to do the fasting, forcing him may lead to legal problem. Check with the local law practitioners first, or else a phone call from a concerned neighbor can bring the authorities to your home and it'd be a hell to pay.

"Knowing a trifle about everything gives life more color." - Zhuge Liang
"Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use." - Wendell Johnson

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Postby Likes2Read » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:22 pm

True. There is a whole specialty of geriatric medicine that has developed because elders do not always react the same way to treatments and medications as younger people.

Moreover, as mentioned earlier, steroids aren't a medication that can be safely stopped abruptly. To stop them, they must be tapered down in decreasing doses. There are other prescriptions that require a taper, as well, to prevent serious side effects.

Then there are other ailments that require careful monitoring of food intake, where outright fasting could cause problems. Diabetes springs to mind as one of those. Some meds require that they be taken with food; I can think of some NSAIDs that include this on their warning label.

I'm not suggesting that nobody should ever fast. But when you have a person with medical issues going on, the only way to safely do this is to have them on board with the idea AND work closely with their doctor. No one wants a cure that's worse than the disease.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Aerohopper
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male

Postby Aerohopper » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:34 pm

Likes2Read wrote:True. There is a whole specialty of geriatric medicine that has developed because elders do not always react the same way to treatments and medications as younger people.

Moreover, as mentioned earlier, steroids aren't a medication that can be safely stopped abruptly. To stop them, they must be tapered down in decreasing doses. There are other prescriptions that require a taper, as well, to prevent serious side effects.

Then there are other ailments that require careful monitoring of food intake, where outright fasting could cause problems. Diabetes springs to mind as one of those. Some meds require that they be taken with food; I can think of some NSAIDs that include this on their warning label.

I'm not suggesting that nobody should ever fast. But when you have a person with medical issues going on, the only way to safely do this is to have them on board with the idea AND work closely with their doctor. No one wants a cure that's worse than the disease.

I do appreciate you responding in a more sane manner.
I'm giving example not forcing anyone into practice.
The subject is capable of understanding I'm giving information not forcing them to do what I do. There is other option of healing out there, IT IS ALL I'M SAYING.
There are people with diabetes and get cured with fasting. I understand when blood sugar gets high and low you have to eat or avoid eating certain food.
Like I said, the bottom line is find a doctor who is knowledgeable with fasting who have cured patient this way.
Those tradition doctors don't even know there is other simpler option sometimes.
We are not doctor or the subject's doctor at this point. We are only offer opinions on forum. And the opinions on forum is usually taken lightly or completely discard is not up to us to decide.

Aerohopper
new here
new here

Postby Aerohopper » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:49 pm

darkwing dook wrote:
Aerohopper wrote:It's called intermittent fasting, it's really not that bad, beginner can do 16 hrs fasting and 8hr food intake window or 18 hrs fasting and 6 hr food intake window. It's really not that hard, I have done it for health purposes and get extra time for not preping meal and eating.
My first meal used to be 4pm in the afternoon and last meal can be at 11pm.
The doctor would do Tuesday Wednesday fasting, that's 48 hours and somehow he managed to eat only 7 meals in one week. The doctor is in his 50s and he does weight training and running. He runs faster and farther than any young guys. The doctor promotes starving, enjoy the feeling of starving.
He also gave lion and tiger analogy, they run faster when they are starving... explained scientifically.

The bottom line is this. The Japanese in the 1900s did test like this give only water to a group of people and they die in 30 days versus give only bread to a group of people and they die in 7 days. So it's really safe what we are speaking of here. Mental block and limitation of the mind is all we have, healing can be so simple. I understand the medical condition you are speaking of, I suggest you speak to a doctor that is knowledgeable in intermittent fasting, not all doctor are knowledgeable in this area. The doctor that have used fasting to heal patient are the one you should consult with.

1. That is you who have done it, not the elderly person in topic. Giving your experience as an example doesn't guarantee it will work as well with elder persons with potentially many limitations and health issues.
2. The doctor you mentioned is already an experienced and (possibly) expert, not beginner with health issues. Unless he assesses and monitors the elderly person in topic, it is not a wise idea to just copy it as it is.
3. If the elderly person in topic refuses to do the fasting, forcing him may lead to legal problem. Check with the local law practitioners first, or else a phone call from a concerned neighbor can bring the authorities to your home and it'd be a hell to pay.

1. I didn't guarantee anything
2. I'm aware it is elderly in the topic
3. I didn't recommend forcing anyone here

The bottom line is consult with a doctor who is experienced with fasting so they don't overreact like you would.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: omnomnom
If I could be anything, I would be...: blingbling
My magical/paranormal name...: Blade Birch

Postby darkwing dook » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:24 pm

Aerohopper wrote:The bottom line is consult with a doctor who is experienced with fasting so they don't overreact like you would.

Right. No need for straw man and ad hominem, man; they don't support your argument.

"Knowing a trifle about everything gives life more color." - Zhuge Liang
"Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use." - Wendell Johnson

vex3521
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Elyn Ravenwood

Postby vex3521 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:02 pm

Intermittent fasting with his medications is not a possibility.

At least 4 meds he is on would need to be tapered and since they are taken with or following a meal, stopping them and food would have him in seizures at a minimum.

I've had to adjust his diet once with his gallbladder issue so I've had the cops called once because of his screaming. I am fortunate I served with one cop that responded and showing him the "off limits" food list explained the argument we were in with Dad wanting nuts and things he is not supposed to have because it will cause another episode. They reasoned with him and are familiar of the incident at his assisted living since the watch commander was present for that so I am somewhat safe but I don't need the law in my house.

My father has always been a short-tempered and angry man. The steroids amplify the condition. I was able to hide more copper in his room but this needs an approach that balances him out to offset what the medications are doing.

WA&DA&BA in all shapes and sizes found in this home

lori67k
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 3000
Spelled Number: 350
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons, Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Soul Whisperer

Postby lori67k » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:22 am

I would severely caution giving any type of medical advice if you are not a certified medical practitioner, i.e doctor and if your medical expertise does not in fact relate to the medical advice you are giving, since it is not only unethical but highly dangerous and should someone take your advice without consulting with their own doctor first (on the topic mentioned here, or any other medical topic) and should they become seriously injured, harmed or heaven forbid, die as a result, you can be held accountable, both legally and morally so I urge you to refrain from posting medical advice of any kind, whether it be physical, spiritual astral, etc. Even if the advice was sound, it is not up to you, it's up to the person dealing with those issues to consult persons who are actually able to assist them in ways that are both healthy and sound. It is neither your responsibility nor morally efficient that you should be offering these insights as factual potentialities for fixing other people's issues especially medical ones without concrete (board certified medical) fact and proof... Getting the information 3rd party, either from a person claiming to be a doctor (or not) is simply one person's opinion, consulting their own doctor, and hearing the suggestion from them first before attempting this is highly encouraged, for everyone's ability to overcome illnesses, combat them like diabetes is always going to be different because their physiology, physical and medical profiles are going to be different... not one potential cure is ever going to be the same for each individual person. You scare me dude... and that's putting it lightly

Whenever we try to live up to other's expectations and perceptions of how they think we should be, look like, act like, become... we are only setting ourselves up to fail miserably! In the end, no one is happy. Please yourself first, love yourself most, seek out only those things that make 'you' feel good, those things that lend you many moments of peace; live your truth and be who you are. Only you are the true source of your own happiness. Make it happen 1ht

Aerohopper
new here
new here

Postby Aerohopper » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:26 pm

lori67k wrote:I would severely caution giving any type of medical advice if you are not a certified medical practitioner, i.e doctor and if your medical expertise does not in fact relate to the medical advice you are giving, since it is not only unethical but highly dangerous and should someone take your advice without consulting with their own doctor first (on the topic mentioned here, or any other medical topic) and should they become seriously injured, harmed or heaven forbid, die as a result, you can be held accountable, both legally and morally so I urge you to refrain from posting medical advice of any kind, whether it be physical, spiritual astral, etc. Even if the advice was sound, it is not up to you, it's up to the person dealing with those issues to consult persons who are actually able to assist them in ways that are both healthy and sound. It is neither your responsibility nor morally efficient that you should be offering these insights as factual potentialities for fixing other people's issues especially medical ones without concrete (board certified medical) fact and proof... Getting the information 3rd party, either from a person claiming to be a doctor (or not) is simply one person's opinion, consulting their own doctor, and hearing the suggestion from them first before attempting this is highly encouraged, for everyone's ability to overcome illnesses, combat them like diabetes is always going to be different because their physiology, physical and medical profiles are going to be different... not one potential cure is ever going to be the same for each individual person. You scare me dude... and that's putting it lightly

"We are not doctor or the subject's doctor at this point. We are only offer opinions on forum. And the opinions on forum is usually taken lightly or completely discard is not up to us to decide"
Sorry if intimittent fasting scared u, I introduced a newer idea here, yes my information comes from certified doctor not some wannabe. You can speak with a certified doctor who is knowledgeable with intimittent fasting who have used fasting to heal patients. So you would be less reactive when u read abt it. All of my message says consult with ur doctor, except for the first one... please don't be so fussy.

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Postby DualWanderer3 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:24 pm

Other then enforcing self defence with a kill or be killed mentallity when he gets hands on in his agression which I would do in that situation with him being a threat like that and not stopping and getting worse mabey looking at what hes being perscribed and having his doctor alter it.I'v heard on a show on doctor oz that some medications,espeshally anti-depressents,can cause that type of behavor if the individual is getting too little or to much of that medican.So much so that it could be one of the resones that unprovoked mass shootings like some of the more recent ones happen since the doctors on that episode had a background on the shooters that showed nearly all of them were taking something along thous lines that showing a possible connection between the two.Espeshally if they had a history of abuse or neglect.

Other then that I don't know what elts to say unless he needs a pain killer with the rest of his meds.I know that my grandfather was vary agressive the last few days before he died but that was mainly because of the pain and not because of his nature even thou he had his streaks when things didn't go his way which doesn't sound like part of the problem in your case.But in any case as harsh as this last bit would sound.If he gets any worse you may have to cut your losses and ties and be ready to end things out of defence wether you want to or not if it can't be solved and he snaps.He may not live much longer anyway while you and your child would have longer to live.Not the best thing for advice but if it gets to a no other choice situation which it sounds like its heading its ether him or you two and if no one will show up in time then bloodshed may be nessesary.You can only be passive for so long unless your willing to pay the price for not fighting back when you have to.Thats all I'm going to say.It's on the crule side of options but thats the life and the world we live in wether its shown or not.

blessed be

vex3521
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Elyn Ravenwood

Postby vex3521 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:02 pm

We're working on that angle between Dr's, unfortunately, if he refuses to take a benzodiazepine like he is supposed to when he's getting worked up there is nothing that can be done to force him. It's when you go to alternates. I can only do so much for myself and the rest of the house.

I cleansed the whole upstairs where he is, for some reason it feels normal down here in the den and office and my room... so... we have that at least. I had some black tourmaline so that's in the living room and kids rooms and I hid malachite and obsidian in his room also. Was limited on what stones I have that aren't cast in some way so might end up making a trip to the trading post locally if need be.

Right now I'm on the defensive. I have plenty of offense but that is a last resort only.

WA&DA&BA in all shapes and sizes found in this home

Return to “Spells/Spellwork”