Empanadas and Spiritual Surprises

Catgirl2
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!

Re: Empanadas and Spiritual Surprises

Postby Catgirl2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:10 pm

That is so true! Have you ever seen the movie Forrest Gump? In the movie Forrest always said his mama told him "life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you will get"-well I think that rings true to a certain degree! I guess it's like my favorite tea or chocolate, favorites may come & go but friendships are for the long haul with the right person! I am glad your other post got a response too-sounds like things are going to fall in place & reveal something good!

8*8 :3 Catgirl2 *0* ZXZ

2Heinrich
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 118
Your favorite spirit to work with: Those in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My magical/paranormal name...: Heinrich

Postby 2Heinrich » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:49 am

Oh yeah! Good old Forrest Gump. I've always loved that movie and it's probably because of a very silly reason but one of my uncles looks a lot like Tom Hanks in that movie. He lives in the states and he is my favorite uncle you could say.

Too bad I don't get to see him that often but every now and then we would text each other and everything. I wish I could be like him when I grow up. He's smart, successful and sophisticated. Sometimes I wonder if he is the only one who did something with his life and if it has anything to do with him going to another country.

About the other posts... It's cool to get a reply, yeah, but the coolest part is getting the feedback of others and such. Hope I get some answers but there's no rush. Those will come eventually anyway.

That which don't kill me shall run. 2cl

Catgirl2
active contributor
active contributor
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!

Postby Catgirl2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:58 pm

That must be one of my most favorite movies-plus the ironic part if you can say it like that-is that Forrest Gump is one smart man despite about being listed as stupid, plus he know what is important in life too! I know what you mean-my sister seems to have an advantage, she went to college plus she has a very good job, she went to Hawaii twice, she lives in Texas, she also has traveled some too-but her down fall was her first husband took major advantage of her, he took money from their shared account & spent it when the money was supposed to be used for bills, plus she almost lost the house & her car, then when he wiped out that account he tried to go for her personal account but thankfully he was unsuccessful-she is now divorced from him & she had got remarried to someone else-I guess maybe I am a bit envious with the job & college part but I would not want to trade places with her, when it came to relationships with her she is very irresponsible, she had rushed into relationships without thinking to take her time to get to know someone a little better because she used to have a hey look at what I have thing about her which got her into trouble finally-I may not be any better with relationships but at least I don't rush it with the trait she has but I just hope her current husband is better!

2Heinrich
neophyte
neophyte

Postby 2Heinrich » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:07 pm

Yeah... I know what you mean. I guess the movie is just a bit old to say it openly but I think Forrest tries to show us that we all have different types of intelligence and do just fine.

This day and age we know that people with Down's syndrome can get a job or someone who lost and arm or a leg can play sports and be adventurous.

Things change about society and little by little they help us move on and leave behind certain limitations that strike harder in our minds.

Thanks to that I can say that I fully understand your position because you do have a lot of valid points and yet I am grateful that you can say that you wouldn't trade places with your sister.

When I was young, I wanted to have a job and help my family put of debt but my father refused. Then I wanted independence and find someone who would help me build a life together so that we could live happy and relaxed. Just a simple life that we could enjoy but that didn't happen either.

I don't envy my siblings, I don't anything that they have and I wouldn't do things their way because of everything I've mentioned before about them. And yet I can't help it and it angers me to see them having everything they want so easily when they are selfish.

I don't care if the universe is willing to test my strength by being stubborn because I say that I don't want to be like the rest of them and take advantage of others or go around breaking hearts and creating illusions.

This is the life I chose to lead and I know it can be done, yeah... maybe I shouldn't have chosen so many challenging feats either but it's ok.

Future is always scary and I've never believed that much in it anyway. I know that if I hold on just long enough I will see things done in the end and perhaps I'll even have some time and resources to enjoy what is left.

One thing that I know now I couldn't do without is my spirit family.

Little by little they have taught me how to become a better person, how to make my own spirit stronger and wiser and their presence is like that certainty that it's not like everything will always be alright but that I have have it takes to move on.

Catgirl2
active contributor
active contributor

Postby Catgirl2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:47 pm

I always find it amazing people with disabilities can do things better than anyone else & they very rarely complain & when they do it's only when they want to show us they can do something! I had to learn the hard way that whatever life sends me it's because I have to try to accept it & be reminded that I am who I am & can't be anyone else or like them-my mom used to compare me to my younger sister at times because she felt my sister was smarter or more motivated-I used to argue with her about it telling her I am who I am that I can't be someone I am not, one day I ended up snapping at her because I started to feel like she was judging me one too many times & making me feel like I am supposed to be like her-it ended opening up my eyes & realizing I had the power to decide to choose what or who I wanted in my life-thankfully my one aunt stuck up for me & she told my mom to stop comparing us & she told me if I don't like the way my mom treats me than I can walk away & no one in my family will judge me for it! I do know what you mean-it always seems like selfish people get everything handed to them & them some-I wonder if there is a trick to it without being selfish! I think if I am not meant to better myself then the universe needs to do more to explain why & if I can better myself what should I do! That is one thing that always worried me-when it comes to jobs & career choice I want to be able to have options & the freedom to be able to pick or choose a job that I would want to go to everyday without any criticism or judgement & not be judged because I have to accept what is available to me!

2Heinrich
neophyte
neophyte

Postby 2Heinrich » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:10 pm

I had my anatomy course with a guy who had lost his leg in a motorcycle accident and he said that when he lost his leg he also lost that which held him down and that he felt that after that there is nothing he couldn't do. That's quite an impressive thing to say and he had managed to do so. He was married had his own business, a daughter and he plays volleyball and practices other sports as well. Including water sports which are already quite demanding as they are.

I honestly don't understand and can't imagine what it must be like to have everything handed down to you without any effort. Where I am from a lot of people think like that. What is so wrong about having to work and earning your own things? I've always wondered.

Maybe there is a trick to getting what you want. In my case... I always have a hard time figuring out what I want so maybe it only works for those who have it clear.

I am glad that your aunt was that someone for you. In my case... I had a priest save me once. I had an argument with my mother for something like that and she lost her grip and start hitting me.

I grabbed my things and walked out home. Didn't return for almost a week and when I had to go back, she had opened her eyes that she could be abusive if she wanted to, but I wasn't always going to be there and stay put.

So yeah... having a better job can make things easier, but we should try to enjoy ourselves in what we do. In my case it has always been easy in that part because thanks to my job I am constantly exposed to people, I get to see what the outside world is like. I like to pretend that this is how it was in the old times with people who lived near harbors and ports. Spending time with sailors and merchants who had seen the world with their own eyes and had returned with stories.

I wish I could say something to make it better, how to face reality in a more pleasant way but I think that maybe a little imagination and sense of humor can't hurt.

Feed your heart, your soul and your mind just as you feed your body and that sure has to help even if a little bit but that could prove to be a big difference. :)

Catgirl2
active contributor
active contributor

Postby Catgirl2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:35 pm

WOW-Thank You! You just gave me some good advise! I got lucky with my aunt & she is such s wonderful person too-when she had to discipline her kids she was strict but she also never held them back from living their own lives which allowed them to learn their own lessens too-her kids have a good relationship with her too so I am assuming since she was the more modern one of my aunts so it helped, my aunt always believed that a parent should teach & guide their kids in the right direction but never interfere when it's time for them to stand on their own, plus she had taught them to also be independent! I have a hard time to determine what I want at least in career wise, I thought I had it pegged when I was younger but as I got older & got more work related experience I can say what I don't want but career choice I really don't know anymore! I was trying to get into a veterinarians office as a kennel attendant/ office cleaner but when I finally got the opportunity to get an interview I was like WOW I got it & the girl had explained to me the details of the company & the job & she asked me if I was ok with some of the things with the job & I said yes because I had worked as a nurses aid & felt it was time to move into another direction plus I had explained to her the reason why I left working as a nurses aide-it wasn't by choice it was much needed because the way these facilities treat staff that works for them the ones that do want to be there & care seem to get the short end of the stick-well the interview went well so I was I aced it & got the job, after a week no call for the second interview so I had called them to touch base, the job had been filled & given to someone else, I also had wanted to personally Thank the girl for at least giving me the chance to chat with someone, but since I couldn't remember the girl 's name I didn't speak with her but gave them the day I spoke to her, but the woman I did chat with to do a follow up of what happened was so rude she acted like I was doing something wrong-that was three years ago & I still ask what happened? I thought it went well & yet the first thing that came to my mind was it was just to good to be true & I should have know better because it always ends the same by getting let down & feeling like a failure! I had tried other vets offices but according to them unless I had previous experience or a student going into veterinary line of work I most likely won't get hired! OK well that's fine & it's understandable but where did these experienced one get the experience-some one had to give them a chance to get the experience! I had heard on the news a few months back that the person that got the position I had applied for at that vets office that interviewed me, well she got arrested for abusing some of the animals there & she had also stole some ones dog to sell for money!

2Heinrich
neophyte
neophyte

Postby 2Heinrich » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:26 am

Oh goodness! That's just wrong in so many ways!

Maybe YOU were meant to have the job but since they gave it to someone else that's what happened.

Universe and its crooked ways. We'll never know for certain.

Your aunt sounds like a nice woman. I think she's right in her teachings and sounds just about great. I think that's what parents need to do, or at least what I want to do.

And yeah... I've got that same experience talk. Yeah right.. how are you supposed to get experience then? Makes no sense.

I just got home and I'm soaked and beaten up. Had a lot to do that was physically demanding and something interesting happened... I got an electrical tingling sensation in my lips. Pretty much like the aftertaste of a kiss.

Sometimes I could swear I have exhaustion induced hallucinations hahahaha.

Catgirl2
active contributor
active contributor

Postby Catgirl2 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:24 pm

Yes it is-I have a funny feeling I was supposed to get the job or one at one of their locations if the one I preferred was filled but for some reason I got the boot-I think these places need to re evaluate the experience part as well as take into consideration that just because someone has experience doesn't mean they can or will to the job plus most former employers won't always tell the whole truth depending the situation when it comes to giving references! The Universe does seem a bit messed up in a lot of ways, as much as I believe in Karma sometimes it doesn't do anything until it's beyond bad & it doesn't right any wrongs done to a person! I had been on both ends to a degree-I get told I don't have the experience, but when I did have the experience I was given the same spew that I didn't have it & I felt they just didn't want to hire me for some reason, I also had applied for a job where they said experience preferred but will train the right person & it end up going back to me not having the experience! I just only wish these places start looking at their ethics on how they handle these things!
My one aunt is one of a kind-she had been one of my favorites in my family-she also has a realistic look at things & she doesn't sugar coat something, she tells it as she sees it & if you don't like it well sorry she called it how it looked to her!

2Heinrich
neophyte
neophyte

Postby 2Heinrich » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:09 am

My my.... now that just sounds like a terrible excuse right there. I wonder why they can just say, hey... we found someone else we think can do better. But thanks for your effort. Wouldn't hurt anybody right? And we know that it's 50/50 when you are looking for a job, so no hurt feelings either.

I think I told you once that my best friend says I was born sugar-coated... I guess that I just prefer to handle things personally. Like... from me to you, that's it. I'd honor our experiences together and I think that everyone has a language to say and understand things, so I'd rather use that than just blurt things out. But that's just me and I'm a weirdo so I know that people don't fo that.

One thing I do know is that angry people usually through you the truth in your face as if it is meant to hurt you, so... whenever everything else will fail I can always get people to get mad at me and tell me the truth in the end. It's ok, I can handle it, even when they think that I can't and every now and then we all need some confidence boost to say what we really mean.

That's also a desperate measure too because I've been told I should anger people un light things or they'll be mad for real.

Speaking of which... do you mind if I ask you something on a personal level? Something happened to me and I think that first I would as someone I trust. It's cat related and I saw your profile pic, and your name, and even your favorite spirit to work with is Masheba which is a type of cat if I'm not mistaken.

Do you happen to know anything about Cat Sidhe?

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”