Empanadas and Spiritual Surprises

Catgirl2
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!

Re: Empanadas and Spiritual Surprises

Postby Catgirl2 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:38 pm

I wish I was able to get a little drunk for the holiday! But it wouldn't made much of a difference, I worked yesterday & every miserable person was out!

0x. ZXZ *0* 8*8 :3

Muse
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Arts
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Tis a secret ♡

Postby Muse » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:51 pm

Catgirl2 wrote:I wish I was able to get a little drunk for the holiday! But it wouldn't made much of a difference, I worked yesterday & every miserable person was out!

Jeez...well that makes sense. No person wants to be out on their own on holidays (maybe home sure but out? Buying things? Bleh). Hope it wasn't too terrible dealing with them! </3

Helpful Books

{Traits} Claircognizant || Dream Medium || Spirit Companion || Diviner || Precognitive || Energy Manipulation || Vampirism

{Paths} Eclectic Witchcraft || Grey Arts & Dark Arts || Elemental Magick || Folk Magic || Chaos Magick || Necromancy || Demonolatry

{Identity} Sagittarius (Sun) || Taurus (Moon) || Pisces (Rising) || Life path (#4) || (Ace/Grey) Bisexual || INTP (-A) || Kinsey Scale (#4) || Enneagram (#7)

Whimsy
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A type of elemental
My magical/paranormal name...: Not yet known

Postby Whimsy » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:59 pm

;( I'm sorry Catgirl2! It sucks having to work over the holidays. I'm lucky because my job allows for it (The girls go home for Thanksgiving and Christmas etc) so no work.

So I had like 3 shots of Cognac and it was perfect! I didn't even get sick afterwards! I'm not really a big drinker but I just felt like *#@! it plus it helped me to open up a little more with everybody there. And then my true personality comes out and I have to contain myself because I absolutely love messing with people!

Like trying to convince someone that he did in fact grab that bread roll when I was the one who put it there on his plate when he wasn't looking.

He was like where did this come from? And I was like I don't know but you must've grabbed it or something because how else? He was so confused! But I did tell him afterwards.

But no drinking and driving! I'm horrible at driving sober, I couldn't even imagine trying to drive drunk! I don't think I'd make it out of the parking lot in that state.

I love when stuff like that happens! Getting free meals and what not. It's awesome and super exciting! I once got really mad at this guy who was complaining about a meal our work had provided for us. I wanted to go and take his plate away and tell him don't eat it then! Because someone had to make it and it pissed me off that he'd be so rude about it.

Just imagine someone stuffing their face saying this is awful! Stupid guy. If you don't like it, don't eat it otherwise don't complain!

Cheshire Kitten ^..^ :)|

Catgirl2
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!

Postby Catgirl2 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:47 pm

We were open from 5 am to 7 pm-I worked noon to seven & at last minute my register crashed-like with in 30 minutes before closing-two people were trying to rush me with cashing them out but I told them I had to wait until the register was up-the one guy that I was waiting on was rushing so hard he had the gall to say my register was up because the hand scanner was flashing-so I snapped at him & said it was the register that's a problem-he pointed to the scanner again & said it was working & I said its the register the scanner has nothing to do with the register, so he said because he saw the scanner blinking & I snapped telling him I know what I am doing & talking about so if I said the register the scanner had nothing to do with it running! After he left my manager said to close the store because it was almost seven & nothing can be done-one more idiot came in & I explained to him we were closed for the night due to the store closing at seven & I can't take any more people because my register shut down o either way I can't take a last minute even if I wanted to, he got cocky & said oh how convenient! The nerve of some of these jerks that think they know everything & are entitled to getting everything they want-as much as I didn't want to work the holiday I did so because I had to & it was the right thing to do so someone I worked with didn't have to work all day! If I had my way these places would be closed on holidays so the employees don't have to choose!

2Heinrich
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 118
Your favorite spirit to work with: Those in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My magical/paranormal name...: Heinrich

Postby 2Heinrich » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:52 pm

I'm sorry Catgirl. It must have been the black friday stuff and people getting ready and those kinds of things.

Suddenly everyone feels in the mood for a shopping spree and well... there's always last minute purchases to make for the dinner and such. Just hope it wasn't too bad for you.

And yeah, Whimsy. I know what you mean. I had a friend at high school and he was one to say things about everything. Curious enough... he would say sometimes that things tasted like crap and he would eat them anyway.

What's the point at those cases? Just letting it out? He didn't even seem pissed, it was almost cynical of him to say anything but he would say it as casually as he could and the we all would laugh about his attitude.

You can't imagine how hard I laughed with he bread roll story. I could have sworn I even pictured it in my head and how funny.

How convenient? What kind of reply is that? Because yes, customer. Our business is to NOT sell things. Doesn't make any sense and well... how bad you want to go to your holiday? so do we!

I wonder why certain people have to be so self conscious and make everything about them.

That which don't kill me shall run. 2cl

Whimsy
neophyte
neophyte

Postby Whimsy » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:11 pm

Man that does sound awful Catgirl2! I don't know why people have to act that way. When someone tells me that they're closed or that something's not working, they're closed and I accept that and move on. But some people just don't get it and they just want to be difficult because they're upset by their own inconveniences!

And it would be nice if everybody got the holidays off! Celebration is nice and it sucks when you can't participate in them because you have work! I know I've worked some holiday's in the past. One holiday, I practically had to beg someone to take my shift to get off so that I could go and see my grandfather in the hospital. It ended up being the last time I saw him too so I'm incredibly grateful to my co-worker for taking that shift for me!

2Heinrich
active contributor
active contributor

Postby 2Heinrich » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:31 pm

I always ask If they take cards, specially at those small grocery stores because it saves me time and it's alright if they don't too.

A couple of blocks from where I live there's this Chinese restaurant and they close late so when I had the schedule prior to the daylight saving sometimes I would rush there after the office and if I made it in time I would order something but I would always ask first.

And I guess it helps that I buy there a lot and so does my father so we kinda get greeted at the entrance and everything. Sometimes the delivery guy has said bye if we bump at each other at the street and such.

It's funny.

But that's it. You should move on. Of course there are certain days in you are just having a rough day and nothing seems to go your way.

In the end... I'm glad to hear that good experiences happen as well like when your coworker took your shift

Whimsy
neophyte
neophyte

Postby Whimsy » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:44 pm

That's a nice story! It's cool when there's that kind of comradery going on! I've enjoyed chatting with some of the convenient store ladies at the store I frequent most. It's cool because they really do remember you and sometimes they have some cool stories to share.

As for the card thing, that usually isn't a problem here as almost everywhere takes cards but sometimes the systems are down and they can't take it for whatever reason. And I have seen people get upset if their card doesn't go through.

It's tough because on one end, I can understand being a little upset if things aren't working out for you but I also don't believe that you should take that out on other people either.

Catgirl2
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Postby Catgirl2 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:18 pm

I had learned to accept that in the work place we most likely need to work it & if no one volunteers or say which days they need off someone Is automatically scheduled! Or there is a sign up sheet where you tell them which days & the hours you can or cannot work-it's not fool proof but it can filter out the ones that will avoid working it or take the shifts then to pass it off on someone else! Bu yes my holiday ended with feeling frustrated, I think most have no common sense either & that's what makes working with the public more difficult! So I do want to know what that jerk meant by how convenient? How convenient? Yeah for who, not for me because even though I get holiday pay for working it is an inconvenience for the employees because we have to put up with every ones selfishness! But on the bright side last night was slow enough that I was able to close without any issues! The good thing though, two more holidays to deal with & with the hopes any miserable person will decide to just stay home!

2Heinrich
active contributor
active contributor

Postby 2Heinrich » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:50 pm

In here is a total chaos sometimes. Taxi drivers don't take cards, your local neighborhood grocery store doesn't either and it's a complete pain.

Other than that... things are fine and it really is cool when someone remember you. Plus... I'm already the email guy for some people at the office they don't even know my name and it's on the chat box but when someone like the chinese restaurant people remember you as the chicken wing guy you know its special, haha.

I also think that the spread sheet works wonders. We do our schedule request like that at the office. For some people it doesn't work but I almost always get what I wrote and its interesting. In the end here is a difference.

I don't know if you can feel any difference in the ambience or something. Perhaps the holiday spirit? In any case it was fun because Muse mentioned the phantasmagoria stuff and I got a couple of nights ago a spirit walk behind me in the middle of the night. I didn't even make much of it but I stepped aside and everything and then I didn't see anyone anymore so I double checked and all the people I was staying with were sitting down or similar so I was like... ok, that wasn't anybody and I realized about it until later.

Today I got to see my breath as I walked home and it's not even that cold but I have a tingling sensation at my chest, pretty much like that of my dragon.

So it makes you wonder if the whole coming together for the holiday season could be more than a publicity stunt and it really is meant to get you closer to your loved ones.

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”