venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

This is a bit long but i really wanted to share it. I was going to place this in Spirit Keeping, but since this conversation took place with my Manananggal, I decided to place it here. Sorry for the length but I think you all will find it interesting.

After work today I asked my Manananggal (C) to join me on the ride home. She asked if it would be just her and I said yes. She was a bit surprised that I didn't invite my succubus (I) along, because I usually ask them both to hang out with me. I speak with her through telepathic impressions.

So I asked her a few things, starting with questions about quick ways to ground and center. She said this is different for vampires - something to do with their connection to the astral. But she did suggest what she called "fire grounding". In short, she described visualizing dropping your energy to the Earth's core and pulling fire energy up to surround you and burn away excess and negative energies. She said it was like making your heart a heart of fire to match the Earth's core. An interesting suggestion.

The conversation turned a very different direction after that. She talked to me about summoning / communicating with / "keeping" unbound spirits. Specifically, she asked why I only communicate with bound spirits, and why do I only make a home for bound spirits.

She knows I want to create a welcoming, loving and peaceful environment for spirits to be remembered, safe and reconnect to the Earth. Also, she originally was an unbound spirit that was around me when CH did the reading and binding of unbound spirits that want to be bound. I told her I was learning and didn't think I should work with unbounds.

(C) asked how I was going to learn only working with bound spirits, and how was this doing what I want to do? I told her I am not yet ready for full on necromancy. She disagreed and asked me if I loved my grandmother (we lost her a little over 14 years ago now). I answered yes, of course. She asked what if I knew my grandmother wanted to visit my home and talk to us and help us would I let her stay a while, to have that peace and love and connection again. She knew what my answer was and I gave it anyway - of course.

She then suggested it was time to alter my house rules concerning unbounds. I have protection - I've set one spell in motion myself that forces unbounds to reveal themselves to me along with their identity or they will not be welcome, and I have many bindings from CH. (C) said I should start with my grandmother, since we already have the connection. She added, learn to banish if I must, but I need to start somewhere, especially if I consider this my calling.

I told her I don't want to disturb my grandmother and (C) said it's not like that. She said death is just the next step of the path of life. I admitted I was afraid of what it would mean if my grandmother was not in the afterlife at peace and was instead just hovering around family, sad and alone. (C) said that's not how it is, not for everyone. She said dying and going to the spirit realm is the next place to contemplate and evolve. It's true the transition is difficult for some, but not for everyone. Spirits have a lot to do, she said, a lot to explore and maybe sometimes things to wrap up and other times things that they cannot let go. But overall, she said it's not a bad thing. When a spirit is ready they can choose to move forward to the next place, the afterlife. (C) said I can't disturb someone who wants to be remembered and wants to communicate.

I thanked (C) for the conversation and I had arrived at home by that point. This left me with a lot to consider. I posted it here, well, because some of it is interesting and because I figured a few weeks ago my path was leading me towards necromancy. It seems at least one of my spirits is in agreement.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
denanna123
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 42
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

Very interesting conversation indeed! Please keep us updated on your Necromantic journey and how it goes when/if you reach out to your grandmother!

Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for.
-Oliver James
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I super love this. Thanks, C!

I lost both my grandparents this year, thirty days apart. So, I’ve been helping my eight year-old through that. He wanted to know what happens after you die. I presented a few options that different people in the family believed and what the deceased believed and what I thought might be it.

And he is firmly of the opinion that his great grandparents are ghosts that just kind of float around and check on our even hang around and watch the people they love. The catch for him, of course, is that he has to share their attention with our relatives in other, farflung states. So, I have caught him banging on our walls with his flip flops. Upon questioning, he has told me, with the air of someone explaining something VERY obvious, that he is trying to get their attention.

And. And I just. Ya know what? It seems very respectful, in its way, so I just kind of let it happen. XD

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:I super love this. Thanks, C!

I lost both my grandparents this year, thirty days apart. So, I’ve been helping my eight year-old through that. He wanted to know what happens after you die. I presented a few options that different people in the family believed and what the deceased believed and what I thought might be it.

And he is firmly of the opinion that his great grandparents are ghosts that just kind of float around and check on our even hang around and watch the people they love. The catch for him, of course, is that he has to share their attention with our relatives in other, farflung states. So, I have caught him banging on our walls with his flip flops. Upon questioning, he has told me, with the air of someone explaining something VERY obvious, that he is trying to get their attention.

And. And I just. Ya know what? It seems very respectful, in its way, so I just kind of let it happen. XD
That is heart-warming, thanks for sharing. My condolences for the loss of both of them so close and recent.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

Your vampire sounds smart :)

memento mori
Ellie44
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 4

C sounds incredibly sweet. That is a lovely way to look at it. I do something similar with grounding but have never done the fire. Thank you so much for sharing, I am going to try it.

“Being normal is vastly overrated.” 1d
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote: That is heart-warming, thanks for sharing. My condolences for the loss of both of them so close and recent.
Aw, thank you! It was recent and close, but they lived to 92 and 99, it was not a surprise and it’s all good. Also, that kid is a hoot, let me tell you. XD

laalbieglna
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 425
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: My Own Companions
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
Zodiac:

Wow, she described exactly how I ground, every single day. I had never heard it called this before. Thank you for sharing.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

I like the sound of fire grounding, a very dynamic technique that I can see being useful in many occasions. Thanks for sharing that.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

laalbieglna wrote:Wow, she described exactly how I ground, every single day. I had never heard it called this before. Thank you for sharing.
Now THAT is interesting. I love confirmation. LOL

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

Return to “Vampire”