Fostering Abandoned Spirits

User avatar
Ishvala
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:42 am
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Unknown

Re: Fostering Abandoned Spirits

Postby Ishvala » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:14 pm

Fireshadow wrote:I've come up with an idea, and it's in line with your idea. ;-)


I'll hunt down the site and check out it.
Might take me a bit though.



User avatar
SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:54 pm
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 53
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising

Re: Fostering Abandoned Spirits

Postby SilverElf » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:53 pm

Ellie44 wrote:I would imagine they have many they are fostering in a sense until they adopt them out? They'd be your best bet I think. I could never foster animals or spirits. I'd end wanting to keep them all because I wouldn't want them to ever be sad again... unrealistic but I'm sure my husband is grateful I know my limits lol


I'm the same way to be honest. I hate the idea of any animal -- or spirit -- feeling unloved or unwanted. I'm like, I'll love you! I want you! Come live with me!

It's...probably why I already have ten spirits even though I'm so new. 2sd I want them all to have loving homes...



User avatar
Ishvala
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:42 am
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Unknown

Re: Fostering Abandoned Spirits

Postby Ishvala » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:57 am

SilverElf wrote:
Ellie44 wrote:I would imagine they have many they are fostering in a sense until they adopt them out? They'd be your best bet I think. I could never foster animals or spirits. I'd end wanting to keep them all because I wouldn't want them to ever be sad again... unrealistic but I'm sure my husband is grateful I know my limits lol


I'm the same way to be honest. I hate the idea of any animal -- or spirit -- feeling unloved or unwanted. I'm like, I'll love you! I want you! Come live with me!

It's...probably why I already have ten spirits even though I'm so new. 2sd I want them all to have loving homes...


Aye, I'm not much different. But honestly it's less of wanting all of them to have a home with me, as I trust others will provide good homes too, but it's the ones who are clearly abandoned. Worse, some posts in this forum talk about no longer trusting or wanting their Spirits. Sometimes due to what I can only assume are mental disorders. This is unfair to them. Even if they are wise and they did make the choice, it doesn't make it a good experience. It's these cases I want to help.



MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:07 pm
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Re: Fostering Abandoned Spirits

Postby MidnightMusings » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:32 am

To abandon a spirit is sad for the keeper to not realize what amazing journey they miss and all the more, what precious friends they forfeit. Yet I share the opinion that the spirits don't see it like we humans do and they're not comparable to pets (without wanting to sound harsh or offending anyone, sometimes I get the feeling that many treat them just like that). Some might be sad about their keeper's passing if it had been a deep relationship, but otherwise they're above such emotions. And a passing doesn't equal to not existing anymore, the person might be reborn and they find each other again in some other life. I have a few in my family knowing me from another lifetime.

If the person was just mean to them like throwing the vessel away for example, or using them for their benefit, then darker spirits would surely lash back. There has been one case once of a person having a very dark Djinn, which she treated like some wish-granting object. If he didn't comply with her wishes she would put his vessel in the toilet or some other dirty place. Imagine how her life turned out to be.
She lost her friends, her job, everything dear to her, she was a wreck until someone contacted the conjurer for her and they tried to fix it. I can't even feel sorry for such people.



User avatar
Ishvala
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:42 am
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Unknown

Re: Fostering Abandoned Spirits

Postby Ishvala » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:13 am

MidnightMusings wrote:If he didn't comply with her wishes she would put his vessel in the toilet or some other dirty place.


I feel bad when I accidentally leave a vessel on the bathroom sink after washing my hands or showering or such (I wear them a lot so I'm used to feeling them, so when I'm not wearing them the impression still feels as if it's there for awhile). I can't imagine someone purposefully tossing a vessel in the trash or toilet...that's so...petty.



MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:07 pm
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Re: Fostering Abandoned Spirits

Postby MidnightMusings » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:33 am

Ishvala wrote:
MidnightMusings wrote:If he didn't comply with her wishes she would put his vessel in the toilet or some other dirty place.


I feel bad when I accidentally leave a vessel on the bathroom sink after washing my hands or showering or such (I wear them a lot so I'm used to feeling them, so when I'm not wearing them the impression still feels as if it's there for awhile). I can't imagine someone purposefully tossing a vessel in the trash or toilet...that's so...petty.


Yeah same with me! When I'm out and have to wash my hands, I put the ring vessels inside my pocket or bra lol so I don't have to put them on some dirty surface. And when I forgot to put them on again, I go in full panic mode until I remember that I have them in the pocket or bra... when I'm home it's different though, there I just put them on the altar for the time, so I can't forget where they are xD




Return to “Spirit Keeping”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest