Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Pegasus
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

White Art secret society ?

Post by jesse1746 »

Are groups or quote "secret societies" one can join with to further their study and work of the white arts with other like minded people?

If at the very least to make sure not to make mistakes by working with those more experienced.

So, if you know of any please respond thank you.

LexBarringer
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 27

Re: White Art secret society ?

Post by LexBarringer »

Well, this one isn't exactly a secret society in the classical sense of the phrase. You might find solace and friendship, as well as understand in Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, Esoteric Order of the Golden Dawn or one of it's off-shoots. Most of the stuff they work on is ritual based magick, so if this is your thing by all means.

http://www.hermeticgoldendawn.org/

You can join a lodge or do web and real world based study, it's up to you.

someone
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human

Post by someone »

Most Chinatowns in America have Taoist societies, but they tend to be very closed off and oddly enough disguised as Freemason lodges. I haven't had any luck joining one (probably because I'm not Chinese), but most Taoist teachings are hidden in plain sight in their texts.

I also don't know your attitude towards Christianity or Judaism, but much of their more esoteric teachings are similar in that they were meant to be fairly accessible. Kabbalah teachings and Christian occult writers like Agrippa are good starts. There's also the mix of traditional European paganism with early Christian beliefs in most cunning folk traditions which are widely practiced and all considered "white arts", if you find practitioners of these you're probably in good company.

I make the best French toast.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Post by Likes2Read »

What little I know of secret societies is that many, if not most, require an existing member to invite them to join. So you probably would have to spend time getting to know at least one person from said society well enough that they’d perceive you as a good fit for their group. That’s more likely to happen via one-on-one interaction than via an online forum.

I am not a member of any societies, and I don’t know of any that could be classed as WA. Perhaps some folks who’ve looked into joining one, or who have joined one, can shed more light on the topic.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process

Post by jesse1746 »

LexBarringer wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:22 am
Well, this one isn't exactly a secret society in the classical sense of the phrase. You might find solace and friendship, as well as understand in Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, Esoteric Order of the Golden Dawn or one of it's off-shoots. Most of the stuff they work on is ritual based magick, so if this is your thing by all means.

http://www.hermeticgoldendawn.org/

You can join a lodge or do web and real world based study, it's up to you.
Well, divination and or healing arts is what I'm looking for.

jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor

Post by jesse1746 »

someone wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:39 am
Most Chinatowns in America have Taoist societies, but they tend to be very closed off and oddly enough disguised as Freemason lodges. I haven't had any luck joining one (probably because I'm not Chinese), but most Taoist teachings are hidden in plain sight in their texts.

I also don't know your attitude towards Christianity or Judaism, but much of their more esoteric teachings are similar in that they were meant to be fairly accessible. Kabbalah teachings and Christian occult writers like Agrippa are good starts. There's also the mix of traditional European paganism with early Christian beliefs in most cunning folk traditions which are widely practiced and all considered "white arts", if you find practitioners of these you're probably in good company.
Thanks, I'll look into Agrippa.

jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor

Post by jesse1746 »

Likes2Read wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:50 am
What little I know of secret societies is that many, if not most, require an existing member to invite them to join. So you probably would have to spend time getting to know at least one person from said society well enough that they’d perceive you as a good fit for their group. That’s more likely to happen via one-on-one interaction than via an online forum.

I am not a member of any societies, and I don’t know of any that could be classed as WA. Perhaps some folks who’ve looked into joining one, or who have joined one, can shed more light on the topic.
I imagine secret societies may be as unique and hard to get in touch with as understanding those that are spirit "walk ins" or rather I should those that feel more conected to their non human lives as opposed to their earthly human vessels.

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 161
Spelled Number: 155
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Post by Lewk »

Can I add...I hope you don't mind me offering this advice...if you do join a society, hopefully it won't be one in which strong personalities will try to browbeat you or turn you into a passive follower. Don't give up your power to let others have power over you. And don't give away your lifesavings.

Due to human nature being what it is, societies that on the surface seem to be concerned with light natured / white arts type things may behind the scenes be full of normal human interpersonal dynamics - not all of which are very enlightened. There have been lots of cautionary tales over the decades of this.

I think the smaller or more secret the society, the harder it will be for someone to vet how genuine it is and what people in it are like...whether it's really worth joining...never mind whether they'll let you join.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

Vipera aspis atra
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master

Post by Vipera aspis atra »

Most secret societies are not focused strictly on white arts because they don't define things that way; you'll have more luck looking into groups that just focus on the kind of things you want to learn and adhere to the qualities you believe in. All humans are dualistic in nature and so by default all societies run by and populated by humans are DA; yes there are some that focus on more peaceful and light practices and others which are darker but they are more defined by the nature of what it is they believe in than anything else.

I also second what Lewk is saying. Make sure not to join...a cult, by mistake. Because there are more cults than balanced societies I can assure you of that. Best of luck in your search.

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
—Oscar Wilde

jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor

Post by jesse1746 »

Lewk wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:40 pm
Can I add...I hope you don't mind me offering this advice...if you do join a society, hopefully it won't be one in which strong personalities will try to browbeat you or turn you into a passive follower. Don't give up your power to let others have power over you. And don't give away your lifesavings.

Due to human nature being what it is, societies that on the surface seem to be concerned with light natured / white arts type things may behind the scenes be full of normal human interpersonal dynamics - not all of which are very enlightened. There have been lots of cautionary tales over the decades of this.

I think the smaller or more secret the society, the harder it will be for someone to vet how genuine it is and what people in it are like...whether it's really worth joining...never mind whether they'll let you join.
Every group has drama and issues that's completely unavoidable the trick is not getting caught up in.

That and figure out positive ways to vent off any anger.

Do that every so often and it becomes much easier to maintain calm views regardless of the people or situation.

As for giving up power that sadly happens to most if not all but I find the trick is to know when to not care and when to stand your ground where it matters.

I say that because in today's world it is very hard to not surrender your power as everyone in government, work, schools, and religions etc demand you surrender to their so called "authority."

So unless you're living off grid in a remote part of the woods chances are you're giving up your power to someone. Sad but true fact of life.

Return to “White Arts”