Weird question: Vampires and periods...?

Lom'ae
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0

Sorry in advance about this one (whether seemingly gross or awkward), but I'm curious as to whether or not Sanguine's notice if you are menstruating or not, or if anyone used THAT as an offering?

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace." ~Chuck Palahniuk
Art by Luis Royo.
Kobald
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Hmm... I think they would notice if you are menstruating as they also notice (and other Companions oc.) if there is something wrong or at least "not right" with your health.

About the second Thing you asked... It should depend on the Saguine Vamp and, as i think, cannot be generalized... Some would maybe like that? Some would be weirded out? And in between... It REALLY depends of the kind of relationship I think....

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"
Lightningkitsune
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 5
If I could be anything, I would be...: Kitsune
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lightningfox
Zodiac:

I've been honestly too embarrassed to ask my vampire about it. I know he prefers neck instead of wrist for aloe offerings, so he's a little traditionalist there. And honestly I feel awkward even asking if he would want such blood when cultures world wide often saw it as " Impure" blood.

CH: Centaur (V) , kitsune (L), gregori watcher (R) , Transylvanian sanguine vampire (B) , Satyr (S), Gryphon (M), Itchyocentaur (A) , Loki

Elsewhere: Woodsman (D), Kappa (K)
Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Kobald wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:26 am Hmm... I think they would notice if you are menstruating as they also notice (and other Companions oc.) if there is something wrong or at least "not right" with your health
Uhm, sorry but are you really stating, that periods are something unhealthy? This is an absolutely normal body function. Not being on your period for months would be an indicator for bad health.

Their hightened senses (especially smelling) would rather tell them, that a person with an uterus is menstruating.
I only have Psy Vamps, so I can't give an answer about offerings.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

I'm only speaking from my experience with my own vampires, everyone will have different experiences.
Some of mine have revealed that they do notice. I'm sure all of them know, even my non vampire companions know.
A handful of my vampires like it. Some don't really care. Though I dont offer it on the altar, I have offered in other ways and only when they bring it up, or initiate.
It is usually sexual in nature. One of my vampires gets particularly passionate about it, but he is also this way with regular blood offerings. So I know it means something exciting to him, while to others it doesn't have the same effect, or they are much more reserved about it. He is also very dark (I'm not stating that dark has a preference or anything..) and has fully embraced a more aggressive predatory nature, so his interest matches what I know about him. Some enjoy working with the energy of it while not involving sexual acts.
Just from my own personal experience, yes my vampires do notice.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖆
Kobald
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Thyr wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:57 pm
Kobald wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:26 am Hmm... I think they would notice if you are menstruating as they also notice (and other Companions oc.) if there is something wrong or at least "not right" with your health
Uhm, sorry but are you really stating, that periods are something unhealthy? This is an absolutely normal body function. Not being on your period for months would be an indicator for bad health.
You misunderstood me (or more: the sentence I wrote can really be misunderstood in retrospect >_>). The second part of my sentence did not aimed at menstuation being something "wrong". When I said that they sense that there is something wrong or "not right", I meant real health problems, like sickness and such, with it. I apologize if the building of my sentence let it looked like I stated that. I should have made it clear in that sentence.

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"
Lom'ae
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0

Thanks, everyone! These responses have already proved super helpful.
I sort of figured that anything having to do with menstruation would likely be a more personal or intimate transaction, but wasn't sure how common or not it was for that topic to come up around sanguines.

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace." ~Chuck Palahniuk
Art by Luis Royo.
SerpentLady
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Onyithraxias

My true mate and sire does become rather passionate when I am bleeding, however since I hit my 40's, cramps have become a thing and I have to tell him to be a little more gentle than usual with me... he does his best to restrain himself, bless him!

GlassDragon
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fairy
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Saphirisma
Zodiac:

SerpentLady wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:45 pm My true mate and sire does become rather passionate when I am bleeding, however since I hit my 40's, cramps have become a thing and I have to tell him to be a little more gentle than usual with me... he does his best to restrain himself, bless him!
He sounds like a gentleman! If I can ask, where did you get your true mate vampire from? I can sense I have a true mate vampire out there somewhere and I'm having a hard time finding him

My amazing and dearly loved companions <3
S - Ice Dragon, K - Hellhound, K - Elven fairy/Tylwyth fairy hybrid,
F - Manticore, C - Lycanthrope, N - Sanguine Vampire, T - Kyhagu, N - Clair De Lune Fae, T - Host Angel, E - Assyrian Djinn, M - Abriet Dragon, T - Cambion Vampire, R - Incubus, T - Hellborn Demon, V - Demon, S - Hinnagami /Kiyohime Djinn, V - Besen Dragon, S - Scurrush
\/ () \/
Lonik
neophyte
neophyte
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Siren
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Lonik
Zodiac:

I have figured out that when im on my period im more sensitive energetically and i can communicate with my Vamps more easily.When on my period they know i hate the feeling of it the cramps and the pain so they try to comfort me by hugging me to sleep etc. Also some times they even worn me before hand like hours before that my period is coming.
One time i wanted to go to an event dress all nice etc. I was in the shower when i heard telepathically your period is coming dont eat anything. I asked why to not eat anything they said youll become bloated. After some hours my period came.

Follow your heart till it bleeds as we run towards the end of the dream. 8*8

Return to “Vampire”