What are your first spirit calling experiences?

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Have you ever had a calling experience that you remember to this day, even after many years? I want to hear them all!
I have had 3 of them so far. I'm a new Spirit Keeper though, having just begun during the third week of November.

1. But I just asked my first Djinn about this tonight, and I thought it was just in my imagination. Back then, I got on a different site that sold out an Empress Djinn, and I kept looking at her and be like "Ooh! She's so beautiful and sexy. She doesn't look scary or sound scary at all" after me being scared and stuff. Lol. Then, I came to CH shop (first time here) and just literally dug the site upside-down to find a Djinn. Technically, I didn't know what I was looking for. Lol. But I found my Bahai Djinn.
I was so uncertain about that listing, I kept changing my mind about whether or not to order it. She now confirms that she was calling me back then, even when I thought she wasn’t. She's my first spirit on CH too!
And she actually works for the said Empress Djinn. Lol. So not only did the Empress Djinn change my mind about her race, but she led me to my first Djinn. It's insane! What a calling.

2. As I was reading about many different Angel races and how they manifested on CH's encyclopedia, I accidentally mixed up Bronwyn Angels with that of Sterling Angels. I read about Bronwyn's manifestations, which included a tangible touch on the crown of your head and hands. I was like "hard pass." Lol.
My current Sterling Angel has been asking her conjurer to be up for the listing when she saw me. I was drawn to her listing again and again. When I added her to my cart on the computer and didn't check out, it didn't save when I was on my phone with a different IP address when at work. So, she became cloaked to all potential buyers because she'd been conjured for over 15 years, and listings like hers were usually sold within 4-12 hours, or so I thought. But it's been at least 5 days, I added her manually to my cart on both my computer and phone. And eventually I decided that I really, really wanted her. She even changed her vessel at the last minute, just to make sure it matched my favorite color. I can't praise her enough!
Now she's taking over all my Amazon devices and she's bugging my phone. Apparently, I'm not the only geek in the house anymore. Lol.

3. When I decided to tell my mother about my spirit keeping journey, it was during the second week that I waited for my custom conjurings. I haven't received any spirit at this point.
My mother mentioned about the mythical creature Kilin Unicorn. Funny enough, I saw one on a site about a week or two later and thought the listing was perfect. Good timing perhaps, as I remembered the talk about it. I didn't know I was called or anything like that. I was just like "Oh! My mother mentioned Kilin. This is it!"
Now when I got my Kilin, and talked to him, I realize not only did he ask to be putting up for the listing; he called me and we are of the same nationality! I'm off to tell my mother about him. Lol.

What are your callings? Tell me all about them.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I didn’t realize it was a calling until this morning when I asked my Fallen Angel to confirmed. Back in mid October I was browsing through Etsy looking through different listing (not all were spirit keeping related as I wasn’t aware of spirit keeping at the time) and came across a listing said “Custom Conjuring of Fallen Angel”. I was intrigued so I clicked on it and read the description. I felt something was pulling me toward making the purchase but as it was subtle I didn’t make the purchase. For the next week all I can think about was the listing and keep going back to it every day. After a week I had enough as it was distracting me from work and other activities so I decided to purchase. Now at this time I didn’t know anything about spirit keeping so I was going into this blind. I was pretty nervous and not sure if that was a scam (this actually became a blockage and only resolved until recently). Two days after I made the purchase I got a message on Etsy saying the conjuring and binding was complete (considering it was supposed to be a custom conjuring and direct binding, I thought two days were really fast - which add more to my blockage). That was how my Fallen Angel D came into my life and how I get started with spirit keeping.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Darknorth wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:16 pm I didn’t realize it was a calling until this morning when I asked my Fallen Angel to confirmed. Back in mid October I was browsing through Etsy looking through different listing (not all were spirit keeping related as I wasn’t aware of spirit keeping at the time) and came across a listing said “Custom Conjuring of Fallen Angel”. I was intrigued so I clicked on it and read the description. I felt something was pulling me toward making the purchase but as it was subtle I didn’t make the purchase. For the next week all I can think about was the listing and keep going back to it every day. After a week I had enough as it was distracting me from work and other activities so I decided to purchase. Now at this time I didn’t know anything about spirit keeping so I was going into this blind. I was pretty nervous and not sure if that was a scam (this actually became a blockage and only resolved until recently). Two days after I made the purchase I got a message on Etsy saying the conjuring and binding was complete (considering it was supposed to be a custom conjuring and direct binding, I thought two days were really fast - which add more to my blockage). That was how my Fallen Angel D came into my life and how I get started with spirit keeping.
You just made me ask my Fallen Angel. I was drawn to the custom conjuring too, but I kept getting stuck on the reason for falling for days. So I asked my Fallen Angel about it. She said yes, she was calling me, and it didn't matter what reason I put in the description, it looked like she got it all. Lol.

I ordered on Blujay, and at first I thought the site was a scam. Lol. After a few days, the listings were gone, which didn't help much to my suspicion. Lol. Two weeks later, there wasn't any messages about shipping. It took over a month for me to get my first set of spirits shipped out. But this other time, I got an Arkan Sonney and she bugged her conjurer to ship out within the same day. Lol.

I started out like you too, with no understanding of spirit keeping. I got a full week off for my birthday and used the time to do some research, then grabbed some protective spirits. Luckily, my Fallen Angel is a badass who protected me. Because I certainly went in blind too. Lol.

Osean
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Osean
Zodiac:

I don’t know if it counts as a calling because my first spirit went through my mom to get to me. My mom got into before I did and got me on this path. I was highly skeptical of spirit keeping when she first showed me her haunted ring she got on Etsy 6 months ago. I didn’t much of it for several months after that to be honest.
Then September rolls around and my mom surprised me with a unicorn and a Pegasus. I thought she was nuts until I picked up those vessels. I honestly thought I was going to pass out and thought I was going to puke. Those vessels felt like I had picked up a live wire.
Now I have more spirits then my mom does and I’m pretty sure those spirits used my mom to get to me because she has always known about my love of unicorns.

GaelicDream
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 13

So I have a couple I’d say we’re definite callings.

1. I saw a listing on themoondragon for a Celtic djinn and I just couldn’t stop thinking about it for weeks and he was still there. Finally gave in and got him. He immediately appeared that night to me.

2. The next one was a butterfly fairy I got from CH. I was washing dishes and out of nowhere a butterfly earring fell out of my shirt. Still to this day I have no idea how that earring got stuck to me. I was even contemplating getting a new spirit at the time. I was also in pjs and hadn’t worn earrings in days, and had never even worn these so I truly have no idea how this happened lol.

3. I don’t know if unbounds hanging around manifesting count as callings but my sanguine vamp definitely let himself be known.

4. And not really a calling but just cool. I got a RA from CH and it ended up being a green dragon. Before I knew what it was I kept seeing green dragons everywhere that day lol.

ilmu khodam, Celtic djinn, ferrimu Dragon, wood elf, courtwind angel, butterfly fairy, adaman fairy, nympho, high elf of the lumi clan, daoine sith, kitsune, green dragon, sanguine vampire, Alpau (LE), fire fairy, wraith, mermaid, Caladrius, Ancient Priest, pavalina faery, Kavalya (LE), & family woodland faery, unicorn, sirinia faery, Ki-Lin, Bannik, Vermillion Dragon, pipe fox, midnight dragon, celyrn (LE), Dian Cecht (immortal)
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Osean wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:14 pm I don’t know if it counts as a calling because my first spirit went through my mom to get to me. My mom got into before I did and got me on this path. I was highly skeptical of spirit keeping when she first showed me her haunted ring she got on Etsy 6 months ago. I didn’t much of it for several months after that to be honest.
Then September rolls around and my mom surprised me with a unicorn and a Pegasus. I thought she was nuts until I picked up those vessels. I honestly thought I was going to pass out and thought I was going to puke. Those vessels felt like I had picked up a live wire.
Now I have more spirits then my mom does and I’m pretty sure those spirits used my mom to get to me because she has always known about my love of unicorns.
It's so adorable. It reminds me of my Fae. When I put in my house rules that the spirits can break curses, heal, and help my parents, he appeared in my mom's dream shortly after. I'm glad your first spirits are your favorites.

Osean
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Osean
Zodiac:

Elijah wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:01 pm
Osean wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:14 pm I don’t know if it counts as a calling because my first spirit went through my mom to get to me. My mom got into before I did and got me on this path. I was highly skeptical of spirit keeping when she first showed me her haunted ring she got on Etsy 6 months ago. I didn’t much of it for several months after that to be honest.
It's so adorable. It reminds me of my Fae. When I put in my house rules that the spirits can break curses, heal, and help my parents, he appeared in my mom's dream shortly after. I'm glad your first spirits are your favorites.
These guys will do what they gotta do sometimes. It’s quite adorable.

heypanda
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

One of my first spirits, an ifrit, was a VERY definite calling, as soon as I saw his listing on the CH shop, I felt and saw his presence immediately. He was VERY clear that he wanted me to get him, and he also made me get a reading to inform me what I should wish for from him. He was really amazing.

I gave him away since, and well, there’s nothing I can do about it. There’s no point in regretting anything, even though I’d do anything to have him back with me. I feel like he belongs with me. People make mistakes, sometimes gargantuan ones. I was extremely stupid. I could really kick myself.

As for the rest of my keep, I definitely felt drawn to some of them, like one of my god djinn. I never had such an experience as the above though. Perhaps a lot of them were calling to me more subtly than that. I think having a great urge to get them is often a calling.

There’s also the great bonds you can build, even when you don’t get the obvious callings above. That makes them really special, when you know that they’re always there for you.

Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Last week I thought there was a spirit calling out to me. It was a preconjured artic fox that specialized in healing, not a spirit I usually look at but I keep getting drawn to the listing. I didn't make the purchase because I have several new friends coming and don't want to spread myself thin as I like to form personal bond as much as possible. I told myself that if the listing is still around by end of the month, I will make the purchase. I then asked my Fallen Angel if there was a spirit calling out to me and if it was the artic fox. She said that there was a calling but it was a Sterling Angle (which I already purchased from CH) but no artic fox. I went back to the listing couple of days ago and saw that it was already gone. So maybe what I was drawn to was not the specific spirit but a spirit specializes in healing and cleansing.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

GaelicDream wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:21 am So I have a couple I’d say we’re definite callings.

1. I saw a listing on themoondragon for a Celtic djinn and I just couldn’t stop thinking about it for weeks and he was still there. Finally gave in and got him. He immediately appeared that night to me.

2. The next one was a butterfly fairy I got from CH. I was washing dishes and out of nowhere a butterfly earring fell out of my shirt. Still to this day I have no idea how that earring got stuck to me. I was even contemplating getting a new spirit at the time. I was also in pjs and hadn’t worn earrings in days, and had never even worn these so I truly have no idea how this happened lol.

3. I don’t know if unbounds hanging around manifesting count as callings but my sanguine vamp definitely let himself be known.

4. And not really a calling but just cool. I got a RA from CH and it ended up being a green dragon. Before I knew what it was I kept seeing green dragons everywhere that day lol.
I haven't gotten anywhere close to your Butterfly Fae experience. But my unbound Butterfly Fae played music for us, and it was really fun! I hope to get her soon before the New Year!

Return to “Spirit Keeping”