active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hi

A few months ago, I was between sleep and being awake. I entered a dream state before I fell asleep. In that state, I was in a desert where I saw a whirlwind with sand. It came very close to me. Other things happened in that "dream". I did interpret the experience which revealed that the whirlwind is a djinni.

I did some research (a book, the Quran and online). Everything I read was not from a spirit keeping perspective. In CH, I couldn't find anything that describes a djinni as a whirlwind though I think the Quran might mention that djinn manifest as whirlwinds. Maybe I missed something in CH? All I found to read was about the unbelieving djinn, how evil they are and what to do if you encounter an evil djinni. There's very little about the believing and helpful djinn.

What I would like, is specific information about such a djinni (whirlwind, a believer and helpful). So far, I'm relying on UPG and would like to supplement it, if possible, preferably with books, etc. Please no videos and/or podcasts as I'm in a somewhat wifi dead zone. I would like to know more about this race of djinn. I know this is a long shot but I thought I'd ask anyway for recommendations.

Thank you.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Sorry but I could only find a couple of assorted, inconsistent references to djinn & whirlwinds, of which I'm not confident any are reliable. There's an idea that djinn can use whirlwinds to travel plus one that some can shapeshift into whirlwinds. The Wikipedia article gives the title 'whirlwind' to a djinn king who rules Fridays. Again, as you said, none of this is from spirit keeping djinn lore.

I think I've seen a number of films etc casually refer to a dust devil in the desert as being a djinn. That might be a cultural trope in the Middle East & other areas where djinn are known. In Europe we might think more in terms of sylphs being behind dust devils/small tornadoes. That might just be a clue too: would a djinn that has a link to the air element manifest as a whirlwind? Or could any type of djinn do that?

Maybe your UPG might be the best guide on this.

Disclaimer: I know I'm not you but the way my mind would work would be to use a CH item that can invoke DA beings, including djinn.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/portal-t ... irits.html

""Portal To Dark Arts Spirits - No Binding, No Commitment, Just Interaction"

I could specify 'djinn' along with the 'any da spirit can come through' codeword. I could also specify what kind of djinn. For example, I could say 'a believing and helpful djinn that manifests as a whirlwind'. Then I could interact with them, with no commitment necessary.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I couldn't resist adding that I once stepped off a bus into the middle of a whirlwind on the way to work. This was in the mid 1990s. I definitely thought in terms of sylphs in those days. At the end of the day I found out that it had been a tiny tornado, which had taken tiles off rooves in the nearby street that it probably went to next. It featured on the local TV news that night.

As I stepped onto the pavement I had dust in my face and eyes; litter was in the air swirling round me in a half circle. As the bus pulled away I could see exactly the same thing happening on the other side of the road, which formed a circle across the width of the road.

I don't think anyone else noticed.

Stepping into a tornado on your way to work! Not exactly what you expect here in the UK.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

I'm probably not much help here, but I have a High Marid Sand Djinn in my keep.
There are so many types of Djinn though..
But he's taken me to his realm, and there is sand everywhere. I've seen spinning sand, walls of sand etc, even houses/structures made of moving sand. They literally live deep in the sand.

The title of this thread made me think of him.

My Marid Djinn is on the lighter end of the spectrum, and very very loving and protective, never twisting words.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖆
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Whyme wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:11 pm Hi

A few months ago, I was between sleep and being awake. I entered a dream state before I fell asleep. In that state, I was in a desert where I saw a whirlwind with sand. It came very close to me. Other things happened in that "dream". I did interpret the experience which revealed that the whirlwind is a djinni.

I did some research (a book, the Quran and online). Everything I read was not from a spirit keeping perspective. In CH, I couldn't find anything that describes a djinni as a whirlwind though I think the Quran might mention that djinn manifest as whirlwinds. Maybe I missed something in CH? All I found to read was about the unbelieving djinn, how evil they are and what to do if you encounter an evil djinni. There's very little about the believing and helpful djinn.

What I would like, is specific information about such a djinni (whirlwind, a believer and helpful). So far, I'm relying on UPG and would like to supplement it, if possible, preferably with books, etc. Please no videos and/or podcasts as I'm in a somewhat wifi dead zone. I would like to know more about this race of djinn. I know this is a long shot but I thought I'd ask anyway for recommendations.

Thank you.
You know, this thing called "Spirit Keeping perspective," I'm not entirely sure I get it. I reckon I missed the boat on this one because I don't see eye-to-eye with what most people think on the subject.

Let's say you dreamt about an entity. My advice would be, chinwag with your protective gang about it. They're the ones who could dish up the inside details about what these entities are truly like, even what race they might be. And, if a dream like this happens again, your team can do some digging to see what energy they pick up on.

Any types of spirits/entities, (Djinns are just an example here) they can show up however they like. They don't have to follow any script. It's not like they're the actors, and they can pick and choose their roles. It sounds to me like you should be keeping an open mind on that one. If I was to become a spirit now, you could bet your bottom dollar I'd be doing things differently to your typical human spirit.

Just like us humans, the folks from any Dark Arts race can be on the friendly side, or not so nice. It's not about the type of spirit/entity they are, it's all about the individual and what they're like. I'm not sure why you're finding that a stretch.

If you feel confident in your protection, you might consider reaching out to this entity for another chat. But if you're a bit unsure about your safety measures, then I'd say don't push it. Now, this isn't to say that the entity is harmful or wants to cause trouble, but we're just looking to keep you safe in case things get a bit unpredictable.

I do have a Djinn who tends to show up as a whirlwind of black smoke, and then there are others who aren't Djinns at all but still pop in looking like a whirlwind of air. So this entity you're talking about might be a Djinn, or they could come from a completely different race. It sounds to me like you didn't get enough time to do your detective work, so there's not a lot we can say for sure, except that they come in like a whirlwind.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Thank you everyone for your responses.

@Lewk Now you see how little there is of such a djinni. I liked reading the experience you shared about the dust devils. It's possible that djinn were somehow involved with those.

@Sysygy That's cool you went to your djinni's realm. Your description does seem to suit the whirlwind djinni I saw as it had sand in it plus sand just about everywhere from what I saw. You gave me a good clue that what I saw could very well be a sand djinni.

@Tarvos Thanks for the reminder that spirits can change their appearance whenever they choose to do so. I could talk to the others around me but they're not very chatty. I do have very good protection.

Thanks again and I'll be taking this carefully to find out what direction I want to go with this particular djinni. I've got a feeling that it won't be back of its own volition so, as the saying goes, the ball is in my court. I saw enough in that encounter to make associations for it which I can use for further communication if I choose to do so.

madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

you said whirlwind rh next keyword is desert.

You are referring to a dirt devil. Which we will jump to a cultural djinn. That's from the desert. Arabic or islamic. Djinn. Doesn't mean it is. Though.

But it should help.

Unless it's more rare djinn thst deal with other more rare desert people not just humans.

But djin. Being so big in that culture good place to look or ask ch. Help desk. May help direct u too

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..
Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I have been looking at it from Islam and Arabic folklore but they're more concerned about protecting yourself from evil djinn. Maybe I missed something about the believing djinn and haven't found it. I have more digging to do.

Thanks everyone for your insights.

madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

I didn't say follow Islam lol. Maybe research Arabic culture before Islam even became to be. Djinn for Islam literally emans devil. I completely ignore that. Humans fear for what they do not know. Djinn are far from the chriditan demons in my opinion in looks and behaviors my point is I personally put nonwoehhr into Islamic believe In their Arabic djinn. But I find it s source of djinn to be better than the rest of the world. Catch 22

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..
Maliana
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Marid
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My magical/paranormal name...: Mali

Your dream is interesting because you should know that in Arab countries the jinn are also called “the winds” (aryah). In the Hermetic tradition, the jinn are represented in the form of… whirlwinds.

Return to “Djinn / Genie”