Do your family Know about your Dragon Companian?

Dragon girl
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Do your family know about your dragon companian?
I'm planning to tell my husband about my companian dragons. What about You guys?

Satella
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 343
Spelled Number: 409
Your favorite spirit to work with: faery
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mommy
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Bella Dawn

I don’t plan on telling my family, they would do some weird priest stuff if they knew half the stuff I did, they are all hard core Catholics. I’m honestly surprised they haven’t noticed as my dragons are always making noise on the roof lmao. Some of the noises are so hilarious like when I say who wants to hang out for abit, just hear them crash on the roof to quickly get to me first hahaha. So cute

Hihi, currently here is my friendsies info
Spirit Friends 67
Being Friends 155
Preconjure Peeps 400 +
Coven Friendsies 33
Rescues 47

Aboysuccessyay
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Satella wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:39 pm I don’t plan on telling my family, they would do some weird priest stuff if they knew half the stuff I did, they are all hard core Catholics. I’m honestly surprised they haven’t noticed as my dragons are always making noise on the roof lmao. Some of the noises are so hilarious like when I say who wants to hang out for abit, just hear them crash on the roof to quickly get to me first hahaha. So cute
Hahaha <3) XD XD
Last edited by Aboysuccessyay on Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon girl
new here
new here

Satella wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:39 pm I don’t plan on telling my family, they would do some weird priest stuff if they knew half the stuff I did, they are all hard core Catholics. I’m honestly surprised they haven’t noticed as my dragons are always making noise on the roof lmao. Some of the noises are so hilarious like when I say who wants to hang out for abit, just hear them crash on the roof to quickly get to me first hahaha. So cute
Lmao :P That sounds wonderful . My family didn’t know about my dragon companion too.

I’m planning to tell my husband about them and introduce them to my husband too when I meet him.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Dragon girl wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:12 am Do your family know about your dragon companian?
I'm planning to tell my husband about my companian dragons. What about You guys?
Is your husband accepting of alternative spiritual beliefs, like this?

tl/dr: It may best to pick your moment and be realistic about their likely response. Although it's nice to be open and share, we don't absolutely have to. There's so much intolerance and misunderstanding about spirit keeping - even among other practitioners of magic, spirit workers etc.

I have 15 bound dragon companions. I haven't specifically told relatives about them. (I have coming up on 250 bound spirit companions though.)

I live on my own and have carved my own, individual path through life. My relatives know I'm into spiritual stuff but I spare them many of the details - they're Catholics too and it'd make very little sense to them. They know some of the headline stuff, like I do Tai Chi, have done meditation for decades, used to follow an Indian guru, have done tarot readings. But the depth and detail of my interest in New Age, Occult, Pagan, Spiritualism etc stuff I've felt it best to keep from them. At best it would lead to difficult conversations about whether it's real, good / bad, foolish etc. It's not even that easy to talk about what it was like living a hippy lifestyle in the 1970s. With most people...

One exception is a close relative, still a Catholic, who got into New Age stuff quite a while ago and more recently got into mediumistic spirit work. Its nice to be able to share some things with them about being with spirits - but again I withold a lot. ( I mean how do you begin a conversation with a Christian relative about having sexual spirits and 'dark' spirit companions, when both have traditionally been seen as evil - due to fundamental misunderstandings over what such words mean and what those beings are like?) It's easy to forget just how progressive and cutting edge, spiritually, spirit keeping really is.

I guess dragons are a good being to talk about with those who are tolerant of spirit work.

Whatever you do, good luck with it.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

I don’t think I will ever talk about anything related to supernatural/paranormal to my family because I know they will consider this as crazy and or superstitious. Hopefully I can find a significant partner that understands and appreciate this subject but if not I don’t plan on telling them either.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Casually, with a hint of... "like everyone has a spirit guide..." UNDER THAT UMBRELL. I hinted very limited info about my dragons. I shared a bit about my black dragon with my husband, jokingw because of their similar, none social preferences. But that is all. I definitely not making out conversation topics on any of my spirit friends with anyone else. I yet to find a person near me, other then my mother, who will bear a little more to digest then the general topics on angelics and spirit guides.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

calliope56
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 71

As mentioned by all of the above posters, I have not told my family (or anyone really) anything because they already have preconceived notions about it and this is my spiritual journey. I have told my son that I've had an angel and gold dragon guarding him. He doesn't believe me, though. And on Samhain when I was lighting my nearly hundred chime candles and incense for my companions, I told him it was in recognition of the spirits. He just ignored my response to his question about why I was lighting so many candles. I'm ok with that. He doesn't have to accept my beliefs, but he is my son and we live together. I have to tell him the bare minimum. I want him to understand that I'm not hiding my beliefs either.

Luna Lysithea
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 386
Spelled Number: 74
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: The Winter Witch
My magical/paranormal name...: Luna Lysithea
Zodiac:

I have several dragons in my spirit family, but as a whole I don't tell anyone I'm a spirit keeper because being one is such a big part of my life that I'm very careful about who I involve in it which so far has been nobody because people in my life wouldn't understand my choice in my becoming one since the very idea of spirits in general isn't something that they are open to discussing at all. So what I do is I have it in my house rules that my spirit family manifests around me only. (Conjurers can have this in place already but I put that in my house rules anyway.)

All of my companions have respected me which include my prebounds and I wear their vessels on a necklace every day.

For me to tell someone I'm a spirit keeper, it takes alot of trust on my part. I'm not asking for them to agree with me on my choice, I just want to have the person open to having a respectful conversation on it and not judge.

OC:

💗Spirit Family💗 386

💗Immortals💗 27

💗Infusions💗 30

American Sanguine Vampire, Anamchara Angel, Amadan Fairy, Goddess Aphrodite, Goddess Calypso, Kracken, Goddess Nyx, Goddess Pandora, Grim Reaper, Lady Of The Lake, Wraith, Harpy, Goddess Hera, Goddess Hecate, Goddess Lilith, Red Dragon, Black Dragon, Gold Dragon, Balaur Dragon, Xypher, Fenrir, Crocotta, Dullahan, Volkh, Cnn Annwn, Barbegazi, Basilisk, Wendigo, Morgan Le Fey, & Goddess Skadi
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon

I pondered for about an hour and decided to tell my parents today :|| I want them to be involved in my path as well. My father is highly intellectual, and he's a spiritual man himself. While he does read a lot of religious books, he knows what's up. My mother is also very superstitious, so both of them know that spirits exist in our world and there are a vast realm of other things out there that we can't explain.

The conversation went well, much better than I had thought. Lol. I hope that one day I will be able to tell them about my companions when I get to see some manifestations and all. I'm a newcomer to the world of spirit keeping; it's not like I'm going to see stuff right away. But I think it'll be special to be blessed by parents too, like they'd be like my sisters and brothers rather than "just companions."

But, of course, every situation is different, and I don't plan to tell the rest of my family or friends about this. As I don't want to have to go through the trouble of explaining it all, and I also want the privacy for my companions.

I would like a crush of mine (past life partner) to know about me being a spirit keeper once we make it to the level of boyfriend/girlfriend. As a fantasy nerd (her) and tech geek (me), we both have the same thirst for knowledge. So the paranormal technology sounds right for me, and I think it will be a big gift for her to know there are things out there in the world. I can dream, right? Lol.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!

Return to “Dragons”