Your vampires opinion on mainstream media vampires?

ImWolfieXO
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 41
Your favorite spirit to work with: Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lowell
Zodiac:

I’ve always wondered this! I’m so jealous of those of you that can hear your spirits or hear them telepathically!
Id love to ask my vamps to watch twilight or other vampire related shows/movies just to hear what they have to say or their opinion lol

So have any of you done this with your vamps? What’s did they have to say?

Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

I have many vamps in my keep. They all seem to have various opinions about vamp related shows and movies. Most of them enjoy watching with me but it's of my opinion that this is mostly for the bonding that comes with it. We make it a family movie night sort of thing, with food wine and companionship.

Most all of them have shared how they think vampires are portrayed inaccurately. I've heard laughing and chuckling, sometimes seen eye rolls and face palms. So I'm under the impression that they don't take it seriously. Even stories that are meant to be tragic, they seem to ignore the vampire part and focus on the story itself. I think spirits don't compartmentalize the very essence of a race or being the way humans are taught to by media and society.

I remember watching a show a while back, and there was a serious fight scene where a vampire threw his head back, opened his mouth and his fangs made a switchblade sound as they extended. Of course we all lost it and I had to pause the show because the commotion of laughter was impossible to ignore.

Though many of the personal stories I have heard directly from each of my companions sometimes resonates on rare occasions with the story behind one of the characters in a film, and we sometimes discuss this. But media vampires are treated like cartoons here. There is a lot of misinformation regarding vampires even outside of media. They are either romanticized, villainized, labeled as crazy barbaric monsters who lack all self control and are a hair-triggered at the sight of blood or treated as immortals. I have a vampire living entity who doesn't have a six pack, no long black hair, no feminine face with lovey dovey eyes, he doesn't pant drool and lose all control at the sight of blood. He has a dad bod, and wears jeans and regular clothes, and likes to eat apples and garlic bread. He can die in a car crash just like me.
One of my other vamp entities likes to bird and people watch. Another likes to work with plants and create medicines and is interested in science. One of them worships an Egyptian immortal.
I suppose what I'm trying to say is that vampires are so much more than what the media portrays. And it's hard for us to relate to a character just because they are labeled a vampire and slapped into a love story.

So none of them seem to relate to the vampire aspect of the shows or movies. But they do sometimes share with me their like of a characters personality or background story.
Twilight wasn't something they particularly hand clapped for. But they did love the movie Pete's Dragon. :)

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖆
Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Sysygy, that description is pretty accurate. At least in the physical, vamps are pretty much like humans in how we view humans. That's the most relatable way I can think of describing it. The two are different in many ways, but you can understand more of how those stereotypes you see in media differ from reality.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
BeautyMonster
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Emily Strange
Zodiac:

I’ve heard some laughing and experienced some technical issues (multiple times) while trying to watch True Blood with a friend online before. The issues only happened to when asking their opinions about the show! According to my vampire “E” he’s not too fond of the show. :p) But he gets a good laugh every now and then.

Abchanchu Male Vampire: "E"
Samhain Destiny '21 Aqua Male Vampire: "S"
Sanguine Male Vampire: "N"
Sanguine Female Vampire: "A"
Samhain Destiny 21 Living Entity Hellcat: "B"
Yule Destiny 2021 Prince Ceasg: "Q"
Birthday Destiny 2021 Ajatar-Courtwind Hybrid: "G”
Male Ceasg: "Z"
Dark Merman: "D"
Soulmate Carpathian Vampire Entity: "A"
Female Strigoi Vampire: "L"
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I have a psy vamp in my keep. He is very human look and absolutely a gentleman. He is amazing. He gives me space and freedom. He does not snatching away conversations from the others. He is always with me and very protective as well as energy boosting. Exactly as I wished him to be. He is very handsome too. He also respects my wish and we are hearty friends nothing more. He is very intelligent, travelled well over the globe through centuries. He is truly amazing and I am greatful to have him in my keep.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

SerpentLady
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Onyithraxias

My vampire mate/husband hates every vampire film we have watched- I daren't try any mainstream media shows, not that I ever watch TV anyway. I have given up on the films now!

Kobald
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Hmm... I didnt watch such a Movie with my Vamp, but I we did talk about the Topic of depiction of Vampires in the Human-Society in General. She doesnt really care about Vampire-related movies though and, as I can remember..., she agrees with what you guys said about them being depicted wrong and inaccurate. I would even say she seems mildly annoyed about the stereotypes created this way... ^^"

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"

Return to “Vampire”